Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah along those lines. Not so much evil but Kwannon's more sensual presence was influencing Betsy to act. Once Kwannon surprised everyone by showing up at the mansion in Betsy's body and they learned there was a connection between them, Betsy went to Jean for help.

Jean was visibly upset for Betsy after what they learned. Thankfully that was remedied at the end of the arc when Betsy was made whole again.
    Man, I miss this Psylocke. I miss the mystery she use to have.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Jean is probably also quite upset because her mind also merged with the experiences and memories of other beings before (Phoenix, Madelyne). Must be quite triggering to witness Psylocke's mental state.

...sooooo, wait a second, Scott has no fault in the situation at all? lol boys will be boys.....
    That's a great point. Jean experienced similar things. I think that's in part why Jean was quickly forgiving of Betsy because she understood, and saw with her own eyes, what was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

And things came back full circle as Jean was the one to help Betsy after she returned to her current body. Too bad we never saw it
    I would have loved to see it. I wish we could get them on a team together for a bit.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Jean is probably also quite upset because her mind also merged with the experiences and memories of other beings before (Phoenix, Madelyne). Must be quite triggering to witness Psylocke's mental state.

...sooooo, wait a second, Scott has no fault in the situation at all? lol boys will be boys.....
    Remember they blamed everything on Maddy to protect Scott...

And Betsy's only developments over the last few years have been becoming CB and dating Rachel, neither if which has done her any favors in the greater X-world, or becoming British again.
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 03-19-2024 at 09:24 AM.

That's a great point. Jean experienced similar things. I think that's in part why Jean was quickly forgiving of Betsy because she understood, and saw with her own eyes, what was happening.

I would have loved to see it. I wish we could get them on a team together for a bit.
    Same. Some of my favorite moments from that era were the time when they teamed up. At least we got that interaction during Disassembled

Same. Some of my favorite moments from that era were the time when they teamed up. At least we got that interaction during Disassembled

It was fabulous! I loved them as duo.

Would love to have Marcel Legenda of both of them in those uniforms plus Storm in the X-Men Red one.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I loved her costume during this era. I even like Jeans though I am in the minority on that. I also liked the team-up.

Fantastic Member

Yeah along those lines. Not so much evil but Kwannon's more sensual presence was influencing Betsy to act. Once Kwannon surprised everyone by showing up at the mansion in Betsy's body and they learned there was a connection between them, Betsy went to Jean for help.

Jean was visibly upset for Betsy after what they learned. Thankfully that was remedied at the end of the arc when Betsy was made whole again.
    Man, I miss the time period where X-Men books could actually be filled with wonderful verbose dialogue. Just another reminder of how well written 90s X-Men books could be.

You know what friendship/dynamic I just started to miss? Scott and Betsy.

I know they were BFFs but they were good teammates to each other.

^They haven't developed her dynamic with Xavier and the original five as well as they should have.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    You know what friendship/dynamic I just started to miss? Scott and Betsy.

I know they were BFFs but they were good teammates to each other.
    I completely missed that. I don't recall any meaningful interaction btw Betts and Scott post-non-affair.
    WHEN was that?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

^Adjectiveless #38, right before the Legion Quest started.

i also meant i know they WERENT BFFs...my bad

but they also had a cool scene in the Psylocke mini by Chris Yost.

I miss this period. I feel this was the last time Betsy felt like herself and actually relevant to the X-Men. Really liked her and Jean's friendship with both at the forefront of the team alongside Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    ^Adjectiveless #38, right before the Legion Quest started.
    I'm aware of where the sequence I posted is from, I was questioning the original post saying they had significant interactions after the flirtation...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I'm aware of where the sequence I posted is from, I was questioning the original post saying they had significant interactions after the flirtation...
    I’d say during Fraction and Gillen Uncanny eras mostly. They had a cute moment in her mini series by Yost, but she was a regular rotating on of the team and a big part of the Second Coming stuff. Cyke approached her after the Schism with Logan and asked her to replace Emma after she got taken out.