Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It's being enjoyed by many people and isn't that the point of comic books? Just look at the praise it gets week after week and how it's brought the Betsy fandom together in a way that hasn't happened in years.
    How much of that praise is from the same posters week after week though...some of the Fandom has been brought together, while another part cannot wait for the Captain Britain bit and the relationship with Rachel to both go away.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    How much of that praise is from the same posters week after week though...some of the Fandom has been brought together, while another part cannot wait for the Captain Britain bit and the relationship with Rachel to both go away.
    From posters that have often disagreed in the past. It's been a while since I've seen so many on the same page for 10+ consecutive weeks.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It's mostly a small vocal minority of mostly queer/LGBTQIA+ fans that are very happy with the direction of the character. Making Betsy fully gay, pairing her with Rachel, and then making her Captain Britain were polarizing decisions that actually split the main Psylocke (Betsy) fanbase.

Until Marvel resets and re-establishes the character independent of her sexual orientation, I don't see the character having the broad support she had as a valued X-Men character. She is on the same level as a Longshot or Multiple Man now. Like more of a historic character than a mainstay.

Incredible Member

Ultimate Member

Right now with all of these changes Betsy dropped from an A lister to the C rank and that doesn't look to change anytime soon. Rachel and the Captain Britain title have indeed split the Betsy fantasy and the character is suffering the consequences, Kwannon is now a bigger character than Betsy.

in every era you hate whats going on with Betsy so theres really no pleasing you.

Right now with all of these changes Betsy dropped from an A lister to the C rank and that doesn't look to change anytime soon. Rachel and the Captain Britain title have indeed split the Betsy fantasy and the character is suffering the consequences, Kwannon is now a bigger character than Betsy.
    How exactly do you figure that cause the math ain't mathing. Lead in two books and then a solo. This idea that her canceled books were some kind of outlier never made sense when books are being cancelled or relaunched left and right. Immortal X-Men got stopped at #18 and got relaunched and pushed to March, surprising even Gillen. That's a flagship book. Now we have news that Betsy already has a home in the new era and you've seen how her fans' actions haven't gone unnoticed by both a writer in the X-Office and the guy who interviews the X-Office regularly. While I liked TH's work I know that many did not feel the same - that was the issue, the split fandom over the writer. Not because of the fandom's love for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    in every era you hate whats going on with Betsy so theres really no pleasing you.
    That's the other part. Maybe they should just apply to work at Marvel and write her.

Ultimate Member

But to love everything that happens is any different, as for Betsy's books they have little to no real effect on the main books and you could delete them and it wouldn't change much if anything for the main x-verse. A real change from fan reaction would be for Betsy to be on a main book, which she isn't and doesn't seem to be going forward.

Astonishing Member

This is just flat out empirically untrue. Excalibur was THE set-up for everything X of Swords and Arakko related, with the changes to Apocalypse's character direction and the very existence of Arakko being THE biggest things to come out of this era and by all appearances actually stick around, given that we know from Heir to Apocalypse that Arakko will last past this era.

Its one thing to just not like Betsy's writing, role or books these past few years, but to try and argue that she was relegated to a side title with no influence or bearing on the rest of the franchise the whole time is absolutely laughable.

How exactly do you figure that cause the math ain't mathing. Lead in two books and then a solo.
    I found some posts on Reddit from 2022
    top 10 x-men with the most appearances
    top 10 x-women with the most appearances (source : MARVEL DATABASE)

and decided to check what has changed in 2 years

Wolverine - 3237
    Cyclops - 2060
    Beast - 1948
    Storm - 1819
    Iceman - 1394
    Angel - 1298
    Jean Grey - 1233
    Professor X - 1216
    Nightcrawler - 1189
    Colossus - 1188
    Shadowkat - 1068
    Emma Frost - 1015
    Rogue - 998
    Magneto - 844
    Betsy Braddock - 794
    Gambit - 756
    Magik - 563
    Jubilee - 543
    Rachel - 522
    Polaris - 495

Cable - 720
    Talon - 491
    Mystique - ???

Wolverine - 3396 (+159)
    Cyclops - 2148 (+88)
    Beast - 2000 (+52)
    Storm - 1917 (+98)
    Iceman - 1443 (+49)
    Angel - 1321 (+23)
    Jean Grey - 1325 (+92) Jean beat Warren
    Professor X - 1310 (+94)
    Nightcrawler - 1258 (+69)
    Colossus - 1231 (+43)
    Shadowkat - 1155 (+87)
    Emma Frost - 1106 (+91)
    Rogue - 1058 (+60)
    Magneto - 859 (+15)
    Betsy Braddock - 813 (+19) 7 of these 19 are digital comics
    Gambit - 810 (+54)
    Magik - 649 (+86)
    Jubilee - 578 (+35)
    Rachel - 555 (+33)
    Polaris - 521 (+26)

Cable - 753 (+33)
    Talon - 494 (+3) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Laura Kinney (Krakoan Duplicate) - 88 appearances since 2021
    Mystique - 526 Raven beat Lorna

I think the numbers speak for themselves

Who cares Betsy's popularity and will drop out of top ten X-Woman or even become a E list character when the power couple is doing great for the LGBT community!

I am sure all Betsy's fans will agree that this is the right choice for Betsy as she is making a big influence to the world!

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Saying that the Infinity Comics are where Marvel puts the "bad writers and artists" is such a cynical take.
    I agree. Marvel puts plenty of bad writers on their normal books too!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post

I think the numbers speak for themselves
    *clip clip for space* Her solo book was cancelled otherwise it would have been part of Fall of X, at least another 5 issues. By then the other books were in production (since Fall 2022). She wasn't a background character in her books, she was the lead and from what it sounds like (Rachel and Betsy "will star... in a yet-to-be announced X-Men title.") she won't be a background character in the new book. As BobbysWorld said whether people liked the writing or not Betsy's books were important to the era and she was front and center for all three. Just look at the complaints many Jean fans rightfully have because Jean hasn't been given the chance to take action in the WHR for 8 months now, but they've all counted as appearances.

Let's see what the new era brings but it isn't anything new for Betsy to be gone from main titles for a stretch. She's been missing for years at a time throughout her history.

Oh yes I for sure loved everything.
    I haven’t critiqued anything since 2004 give me a break your arguments always use fallacies.

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    Who cares Betsy's popularity and will drop out of top ten X-Woman or even become a E list character when the power couple is doing great for the LGBT community!

I am sure all Betsy's fans will agree that this is the right choice for Betsy as she is making a big influence to the world!
    Are you here to give us a 2024 conspiracy?

she won't be a background character in the new book.
    we'll see