Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maitogai View Post
    Not sure if it is AI art, but this appears to be the origin of the art. They mention photoshopping, so it’s possible they photoshopped the strike/shield logo on to the AI art I’m not sure. However, they do use ai art for their covers.

https://x.com/XMFC2023/status/1732032867214020837?s=20
    It’s all amateurish and sketchy photoshop edits and collages over a random AI image. It’s not art at all but an exercise to see i could have matt’s concept applied in my story.
    Last edited by crimsontt; 03-11-2024 at 11:53 AM.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

A Betsy’s panel from tomorrow’s dead x-men has surfaced in twitter. She looks gorgeous

Edit: the op has deleted it I think. Looks like she is leading an xmen team with cyclops, banshee, wolfsbane and sway. She also had two psy knives..
    Last edited by crimsontt; 03-12-2024 at 02:58 PM.

Hoping to understand more of this team (how she's leading someone like Cyke). Not sure there'll be the panel time to do so, but I like the arrogant/sure attitude in the pose.
    (seriously, Warren/Warren-like mutants and a Psylocke/Betsy. I can't wait!)

Now. I've been skimming Excalibur for fic reasons, and this page...

Not sure if it was all planned or what, but with hindsight, good job TH. And Saturnyne wasn't wrong.

I think I should re-read the whole TH's Excalibur run removing the Betsy-shaped lenses. I think if I can read this with "AU/not 616!Betsy/Betsy who never went through bodyswap and 90s" attitude the title improves so much. I've been skimming the assault to the Starlight Citadel story in the early issues, and what I'm seeing is not so bad as I recalled.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Hoping to understand more of this team (how she's leading someone like Cyke). Not sure there'll be the panel time to do so, but I like the arrogant/sure attitude in the pose.
    (seriously, Warren/Warren-like mutants and a Psylocke/Betsy. I can't wait!)

Now. I've been skimming Excalibur for fic reasons, and this page...

Not sure if it was all planned or what, but with hindsight, good job TH. And Saturnyne wasn't wrong.

I think I should re-read the whole TH's Excalibur run removing the Betsy-shaped lenses. I think if I can read this with "AU/not 616!Betsy/Betsy who never went through bodyswap and 90s" attitude the title improves so much. I've been skimming the assault to the Starlight Citadel story in the early issues, and what I'm seeing is not so bad as I recalled.
    I've done a few dives into the run and when I look at the basic bones of it it's very good. I have my issues with Betsy's characterization at times (and use of other characters) but the overall tale between her and Saturnyne and all that happens with Britain is sound. I do believe TH was planting lots of seeds including the one above you pointed out regarding the hatred towards mutantkind. Last year I pieced together those UK specific parts in the Braddock Family thread. It's great that the Steves have taken all of it to the next chaotic level in X-Men Unlimited with the authorities fully firing on Betsy and her team. It's why I fully agree with her just being so over trying to work with the country and is now focusing on X-Corps.

I always love going to my local shop but this week's trip was extra special.

of the rumors. I wouldnt mind seeing Jed, Gail or Stephanie write Betsy Braddock.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    of the rumors. I wouldnt mind seeing Jed, Gail or Stephanie write Betsy Braddock.
    Do you think we’ll see tomorrow where Betsy ends up in the new era?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Do you think we’ll see tomorrow where Betsy ends up in the new era?
    I really hope so cause I'm biting my nails! If not, Brevoort seemed to indicate that more books will join the line after the initial batch.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I was t a big fan of Howard’s Excalibur but that variant cover is awesome!
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

If they are keeping her as CB I feel like we have to get some info on that tomorrow.

But if they are undoing a lot of Krakoa era I feel like itll come later in another batch of books.

I just hoping for the best I'm so nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I was t a big fan of Howard’s Excalibur but that variant cover is awesome!
    It's really lovely in person too with brilliant colors. It popped right off the shelf when I approached the comic wall.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If they are keeping her as CB I feel like we have to get some info on that tomorrow.

But if they are undoing a lot of Krakoa era I feel like itll come later in another batch of books.

I just hoping for the best I'm so nervous.
    I'm thinking if she's not part of a main X-Men roster then there's a chance they'll focus on her as CB and all things attached to it (Excalibur?) I'm nervous too!

Ultimate Member

Or it'd be the perfect time to drop pretty much everything Howard did and start her off fresh with a new everything, perhaps as shown by her leaving Enfland comments n such...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I was on the fence on whether I wanted more Captain Britsy after everything is reset, but then I found this. STRIKE me up, luv.

Attachment 138207
    Reminds me a bit of her swagger from DAYS OF FUTURE TENSE flash forward in EXCALIBUR
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or it'd be the perfect time to drop pretty much everything Howard did and start her off fresh with a new everything, perhaps as shown by her leaving Enfland comments n such...
    Yes, if she's on a main X-Men roster then it's likely they won't be doing the England/CB stuff anymore.