Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

So you're saying I'm stupid now, Rachel and Betsy won't last forever either. The stretch is saying that Warren and Betsy will never be together again.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So you're saying I'm stupid now, Rachel and Betsy won't last forever either. The stretch is saying that Warren and Betsy will never be together again.
    I know you’re responding to a different poster, but just to be clear, I would not say that, friend. And you know, Betsy and Warren are together in an alternate reality (I believe it’s the timeline where she’s Queen Elisabeth?) so there you go. Anything is possible!

Love,
    Kwannon

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I definitely think Monet is on Uncanny. Gail recently said something along the lines that she’s a new favorite if hers
    I’m looking forward to the reveal of the remaining member(s)!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Don't put words in my mouth. I said that only a stupid can deny that AS OF NOW Betsy has moved on from Warren. (which was what @Kwannon was saying in the post I quoted, and further elaborated in a later post: I agree with you Kwannon on that post too, BTW)
    Which doesn't invalidate a prospect (=hope, in a case like mine, since I'm a shipper) that she and Warren might return together in the future: as you are keen to repeat (and I agree), it only takes a writer to split a pair in order to free a characters and pair them with another character, we've seen it plenty of times in the past.
    NOW Betsy is over. She's written happy with Rachel with nothing making her look back to her romantic past. Like it or now, that's canon.
    What I criticize is how it was handled, which wasn't handled in a satisfactory manner (to me) so I don't think we readers(=shippers) were given proper closure. But Betsy was written as she got closure on her romantic life with Betsy (it's us fans who didn't).

Not going to further respond on the pair, don't want to clog the thread with this specific topic.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 03-16-2024 at 03:31 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I prefer only Betsy to have the butterfly and Kwannon have the Psi-blade. I'd like something to separate them. i also want betsy to get her Psylocke codename back.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I prefer only Betsy to have the butterfly and Kwannon have the Psi-blade. I'd like something to separate them. i also want betsy to get her Psylocke codename back.
    There's enough that already seperates them. The two arent really treated as interchangeable and the Krakoa era has done a great job of treating and presenting them as two different characters that deserve to co-exist

Incredible Member

I’d would have kitty coming out of the closet and rachel getting completely shaken by it. Betsy would step back from the relationship as she would never be in the middle of a love like theirs. She would leave rachel free to live her true love with kitty and
    would go to warren for a one night stand for mere comfort. But I would love if betsy stayed single hitting on as many boys and girls she can

If they broak the Rachel/Betsy pair, I think Betsy would benefit for some single time.
    After she got with Warren, I don't think she ever was single up to TH's Excalibur (and that lasted not much). She bounced from Warren to Neal to some brief alone time (her return under Claremont) and then Sabertooth in Exiles, back to Warren, Fantomex, Cable... and when she was single, she was in a bad time post break up.
    (I know we all have different readings about her and Warren circa BUNN up to Disassembled, I think they had returned back together at some point, others don't see it the same way. Still, Betsy wasn't truly "single" IMHO)
    Of all the X-characters, I think Betsy would suit the "free woman who likes to have adventures and has a list of man - and women - to call if she wants a one-night-stand" archetype. But we never got that. Surprisingly, she always fell (and fell hard) for her men (and woman) from day one of the romance.
    She doesn't know hues, our Betsy: if she likes someone she immediately jumps on the "I love you so much I'm ready to die for you" train, from 0 to 100 in a panel. XD
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Mighty Member

Let Betsy be single. Another reason to love from the time she joined the X-men/Outback era until the time everyone was living in the mansion in the sub basement. She didn’t have all the romantic storyline that plays too have for some couples. The Betsy/Rachel is just too thick. So was the one with Fantomex/Cluster.

I always thought of Betsy as Counselor Troy from STNG when she first joined the X-men. I think Storm did take her input as serious as she took Wolverine’s. She always felt somewhat mysterious and unpredictable and yet intelligent and responsible (?j. I would rather Betsy keep the butterfly exclusively to her. I get that keeping that with Kwannon as she’s taken the name Psylocke makes sense, brand wise, but it causes confusion because I think newer readers would think that any book from the past is Kwannon and not Betsy.

There's enough that already seperates them. The two arent really treated as interchangeable and the Krakoa era has done a great job of treating and presenting them as two different characters that deserve to co-exist
    One has been featured in between four and five line-ups -including a serious guest appearance in Captain Marvel-, the other has barely set foot on Krakoa soil for five years. If you argued that Kwannon was given more development because of who she is and in spite of the Psylocke imagery, I wouldn't believe you.

The fact that fans had to flood AIPT with requests in order for Betsy to have a semblance of a role in the Krakoa epilogue doesn't even play in her favour.

It goes without saying that you guys can enjoy what you have. But the reality is that Betsy has been replaced, and disputing that doesn't do anyone any favours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Let Betsy be single. Another reason to love from the time she joined the X-men/Outback era until the time everyone was living in the mansion in the sub basement. She didn’t have all the romantic storyline that plays too have for some couples. The Betsy/Rachel is just too thick. So was the one with Fantomex/Cluster.

I always thought of Betsy as Counselor Troy from STNG when she first joined the X-men. I think Storm did take her input as serious as she took Wolverine’s. She always felt somewhat mysterious and unpredictable and yet intelligent and responsible (?j. I would rather Betsy keep the butterfly exclusively to her. I get that keeping that with Kwannon as she’s taken the name Psylocke makes sense, brand wise, but it causes confusion because I think newer readers would think that any book from the past is Kwannon and not Betsy.
    Wow I’m glad you said Counselor Troi because in my head I’ve always thought the Disassembled Costume makes her look like she’s wearing one of Deanna Troi’s Star Trek uniforms lol. It’s that off the shoulder thing and the mauve.

I agree completely.

https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...96861839155381

@nvtegrey: Where’s Betsyyyyyyyy

@TomBrevoort: All answers in good time.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...96861839155381

@nvtegrey: Where’s Betsyyyyyyyy

@TomBrevoort: All answers in good time.

Yes please!

Sadly, after reading the last couple of pages. I really don't see a need for Betsy on a team. She doesn't have a trait or gimmick like Kwannon's Ninja skill, Emma's arrogance/skill, Jean's sheer power, Xavier's skill/untrustworthyness.

Hell, even Kid Omega and Rachel have an unknown factor that makes them interesting.

This really hit me hard when I saw you guys calling her Counselor Troy. I was like current Betsy is generic with no special qualities
    Some of us wait, some of us act.