Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    ^They haven't developed her dynamic with Xavier and the original five as well as they should have.
    To be honest, I felt like she was one of his most trusted X-men during the Utopia era. He kept bringing her in for stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I’d say during Fraction and Gillen Uncanny eras mostly. They had a cute moment in her mini series by Yost, but she was a regular rotating on of the team and a big part of the Second Coming stuff. Cyke approached her after the Schism with Logan and asked her to replace Emma after she got taken out.
    Yep thats what I was meaning

After watching X-Men 97 I'm certain that their Psylocke will be confirmed as Betsy (if she actually shows up). If they're not scared of doing that very questionable romance for Rogue, they won't be scared of Asian Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    After watching X-Men 97 I'm certain that their Psylocke will be confirmed as Betsy (if she actually shows up). If they're not scared of doing that very questionable romance for Rogue, they won't be scared of Asian Betsy.
    I think so too based on the Q&A that Beau DeMayo had. Although someone also asked if there would be a Betsy and Kwannon story and he gave a “thumbs up”, suggesting (but not confirming) the possibility that they may even “go there” with the body swap story. If they do (and I think it’s a big “if”) it’s not clear if they plan to resolve the body swap right away, or leave Betsy in Kwannon’s body for some episodes and save the resolution for a future episode. All of this is pure speculation of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannon View Post
    I think so too based on the Q&A that Beau DeMayo had. Although someone also asked if there would be a Betsy and Kwannon story and he gave a “thumbs up”, suggesting (but not confirming) the possibility that they may even “go there” with the body swap story. If they do (and I think it’s a big “if”) it’s not clear if they plan to resolve the body swap right away, or leave Betsy in Kwannon’s body for some episodes and save the resolution for a future episode. All of this is pure speculation of course.
    The Psylocke we met in the OG XTAS (X'93?) didn't have an accent did she? I recall she mentioned her brother. Any sign of the butterfly energy sig? I only recall the psi-knife.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The Psylocke we met in the OG XTAS (X'93?) didn't have an accent did she? I recall she mentioned her brother. Any sign of the butterfly energy sig? I only recall the psi-knife.
    She had no British accent, right. Sounded American. She did mention that she had a brother that fought for all mutants so it was very unspecific. I don’t recall a butterfly, just the psi-knife and psi energy projectiles.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannon View Post
    Addressing the body swap and tap in all of its controversy? Unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Addressing the body swap and tap in all of its controversy? Unlikely
    Yes, I also thought it was unlikely (and am still skeptical) but was surprised to see him give a thumbs up to the fan question of whether we were going to see a Betsy & Kwannon story. He also said that everything that was done in the comics is too much to cover in short animated episodes. So, maybe a simplified version of it in one episode? If you think about it, the body swap doesn’t have to be complicated if it’s explained and dealt with quickly.

I still don't understand why Kwannon now calls herself Psylocke, a name that has never been associated with her. Nor why she uses psychic butterflies, or why she is now a stable member of the next X-Men lineup (as shown in the previews). Revanche originally was a member of the X-Men for how long? 4 issues?
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    I still don't understand why Kwannon now calls herself Psylocke, a name that has never been associated with her. Nor why she uses psychic butterflies, or why she is now a stable member of the next X-Men lineup (as shown in the previews). Revanche originally was a member of the X-Men for how long? 4 issues?
    Mostly for branding reasons. Though she was nicknamed "Butterfly" by Matsuo way back in the 90's, so at least the butterflies didn't totally come out of nowhere.

It has been associated with Kwannon in connection with Betsy for 30 years. It’s common sense, at the very least because comics are a visual medium. To ignore that is just wilful blindness. Literally.

The above poster is also right re branding.

But there are other more controversial reasons that make it make a lot of sense. I won’t elaborate on those here because I’m not interested in arguing the finer points. And who really cares anyway.

You literally have the answers in front of you but keep asking the same questions that have been answered. I guess it’s up to you if you want to keep asking them for another 10 years or not. Just be prepared for another 10 years of the same answers.
    Last edited by Kwannon; 03-21-2024 at 08:25 AM.

She was a member for a year. It was short but it counts. In story, I dont think there's been an explanation for why she goes by Psylocke but we know the real reason is for branding purposes

Mostly for branding reasons. Though she was nicknamed "Butterfly" by Matsuo way back in the 90's, so at least the butterflies didn't totally come out of nowhere.
    I was about to say this. Butterflies were shown to be associated with Kwannon back then. It was one connection that the two women surprisingly had

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was a member for a year. It was short but it counts. In story, I dont think there's been an explanation for why she goes by Psylocke but we know the real reason is for branding purposes

I was about to say this. Butterflies were shown to be associated with Kwannon back then. It was one connection that the two women surprisingly had
    Was there ever really a reason for the butterfly connection with Elizabeth Braddock? It just seemed like the visual effect of her psycho-blasting and precognition flashes just slid over into a cutesey power signature.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Was there ever really a reason for the butterfly connection with Elizabeth Braddock? It just seemed like the visual effect of her psycho-blasting and precognition flashes just slid over into a cutesey power signature.
    In that Carey’s one shote, she address her butterfly signature as a representation of the subtlety with she could land on someone’s psyche and extract thoughts without being even noticed.

The Butterfly/Psyche association is not uncommon though, on greek mythology psyche was the goddess of the soul and took the form of a butterfly.

I loved the "Psylocke" cameo. Wish it wasn't just Morph. The 1990s team should just always officially include Psylocke.If she and Archangel had permanent spots on the team I would love the show even more, but it's still great so far.

Woah!

Marvel Comics Celebrates Its LGBTQIA+ Icons in New Pride Variant Covers
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...l-summers-loki

Here are some of the characters spotlighted on this year’s covers:

- Rachel Summers, AKA Askani, currently playing a pivotal role in Krakoa’s final battle in RISE OF THE POWERS OF X. She will star alongside her girlfriend, Betsy Braddock, in a yet-to-be announced X-Men title in the upcoming FROM THE ASHES era.

Wow!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!