Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Back to X-force is great but I'm iffy on Thorne. I wasn't a huge fan of his Vixen mini but his Green Lantern stuff was decent. He brings interesting ideas for sure. I'm interested to see what To brings because the vibe of X-Force is completely different than Excalibur.

Also curious about the codename. I'm here for it if she keeps CB and and we can get some folks to really make it work. If she does drop it then I hope she's back to Psylocke or just going by Betsy. Not really in the mood for another identity shift and we've got two of so many other heroes so it shouldn't be a big deal. The costume is a fine team look but i wish they had gone back to the black/silver color scheme of X-Force. That would've ate.

Still, it's very exciting and amazing to see her. Can't wait to see her reunited with Sage, I feel like her and Forge have only interacted a handful of times, we'll get a new spin on Retsy, and it looks like she'll be living dangerously again. Ready to break out my purple wig and support.

Any thoughts on Rachel being called Rachel Summers rather than Rachel Grey in the article, and having her hound marks back?

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm drooling. If we get to see her do some stealthy spy work, y'all will have to pick me up off the floor.
    I'll be there just right next to you.

can't wait to see the costume from the front. It looks a little bit like the versions of the blue and gold training uniform she wore when she came back to life.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Back to X-force is great but I'm iffy on Thorne. I wasn't a huge fan of his Vixen mini but his Green Lantern stuff was decent. He brings interesting ideas for sure.
    How is his character work? In line with original characterisation?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannon View Post
    Any thoughts on Rachel being called Rachel Summers rather than Rachel Grey in the article, and having her hound marks back?
    Hasnt she been a Summers for years now?

I feel like she was on Grey with Chris Claremont was writing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Hasnt she been a Summers for years now?

I feel like she was on Grey with Chris Claremont was writing her.
    Honestly she's called either Grey or Summers all the time depending on the writer, marketing, etc... It hasn't been consistent for a while. I think the last time they really stuck to Grey was on the Bendis era.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I'll be there just right next to you.

can't wait to see the costume from the front. It looks a little bit like the versions of the blue and gold training uniform she wore when she came back to life.
    Yeah I'm getting somewhat of a training uniform vibe as well.

I love that Betsy is basically the main physical combat fighter of the team. Sage is a great fighter as well of course but more known for her strategic, fast-processing mind. Betsy is the one you want on your side if a brawl breaks out.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Betsy fan Alan Hoxor already having some fun.
    https://twitter.com/AlanHoxor/status...95763273085426

"We don't have a "clear view" of Betsy's new outfit in X-Force, but I made the edit based on what we can see and what I believe to be... so here it is, X-Force Betsy Braddock!"

From Mr. Thorne.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    You can expect Betsy to be a serious, seasoned warrior with a sober mind and incisive attitude. You can expect her relationship with Rachel to have nuance, depth and complexity.

To the best of my ability.

She's been in one battle zone or another nearly her entire adult life and she is still here to talk about it. But somehow she didn't turn into Wolverine or Omega Red. I think that's interesting, personally.
    Last edited by JB; 04-09-2024 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    How is his character work? In line with original characterisation?
    I think for the most part. If anything I think the biggest issue, for me, was it could be overwritten but I find that to be a thing with a lot of those who follow the screenwriter to comic book writer pipeline. He's written a few things since then so it could've improved.

i hope he gets the "bri ish" side down well.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    i hope he gets the "bri ish" side down well.
    She should bring a bag of Greggs sausage rolls for the team.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I do love the black and red colour combination. And it seems individualised for each character.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Mr. Thorne is saying so many interesting things about Betsy over on the X-Force thread... I think I'm going to get myself acquainted with some of his past works while I anxiously wait for July to be here because things sound pretty promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Honestly she's called either Grey or Summers all the time depending on the writer, marketing, etc... It hasn't been consistent for a while. I think the last time they really stuck to Grey was on the Bendis era.
    Yeah, that seems in line with what I’ve noticed. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I do love the black and red colour combination. And it seems individualised for each character.
    Indeed and I'm digging the looks. I'm hoping Mr. To will post some design images for the team. I'm watching his IG.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Mr. Thorne is saying so many interesting things about Betsy over on the X-Force thread... I think I'm going to get myself acquainted with some of his past works while I anxiously wait for July to be here because things sound pretty promising.
    I still need someone to pinch me over her being in X-Force and it releasing early in the line. I was pretty convinced it would be X-Factor but holy moly.