Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    X-Force art tease by Mr. To.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Ok. I’m not a fan of her in that suit in the tease. I dunno.. maybe it’s just the jacket. I mean, for me, only Jenna Lyons (love her) can pull off a suit jacket

Yeah..it’s the jacket for me. I dunno if they’re waiting on some formal thing with maybe the British government, but I can see this whole power look without the jacket! 100%! Minus the jacket and black pinstripe pants & vest, lavender shirt and white tie. Yes. The jacket gives me boarding school vibes too.

It looks like an attempt to show she’s feeling her lesbian side. Like when her and Rachel were written overly in love after one issue. It’s forced (IMHO), but I’m also not a believer of this pairing.

Man… I didn’t think a jacket would make me overthink this much before 7pm, but here I am. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    The suit's a little big but she's trying to give big boss energy. Give her her 7s.

Sometimes the fashion girlies gotta just throw something on!
    Gotta lean into her model background, Betts should be able to work any garment...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-10-2024 at 04:25 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    The suit's a little big but she's trying to give big boss energy. Give her her 7s.

Sometimes the fashion girlies gotta just throw something on!
    Yup. It's a vibe.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

X-Force art tease by Mr. To.

New cover for Unlimited.

They feels like an upcoming issue of howard’s excalibur and knights of X, respectively, and that give me the creeps in the worst possible way…

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    They feels like an upcoming issue of howard’s excalibur and knights of X, respectively, and that give me the creeps in the worst possible way…
    Well you're in luck cause that's not the case. Though I wonder, are there creeps in a good way?

Incredible Member

Well you're in luck cause that's not the case. Though I wonder, are there creeps in a good way?
    No! It is always a bad thing LOL. Though I wanted to reassure and reinforce that it is the worst way it could feel!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I tried to keep this inside but that artist of the second image and other things is terrible.

Fanart Friday!

Art by socialpiker.
    https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...69115768541557

@AlanHoxor having some more fun
    https://twitter.com/AlanHoxor/status...18251342463429

"Agent Braddock!
    (S.T.R.I.K.E / S.H.I.E.L.D.)"

Incredible Member

Betsy will have her plate quite full in X-force, according to its writer!

Betsy will have her plate quite full in X-force, according to its writer!
    I love that! Now I'm wondering if Braddock Academy is indeed open now and she's partially running it along with everything else she has going on. Our girl is booked and busy.

The talk about "Lady Braddock" in the X-Force thread reminded me of something about Betsy that I still don't understand.
    What does the "Lady" title stands for, in Betsy's case? Is she an aristocrat? Before the canon established that James Braddock is from Otherworld in that 2000s Excalibur run, did canon say that James is from an ancient English family? Or is just a more polite way to say "mrs"?
    Can someone knowledgeable on Betsy (and/or UK things) can shed some light on this for me? I tried to figure it out on my own but Marvel Fanbase didn't help (despite a generic "Lady Elizabeth" referred to Betsy's mother) and after a research for fanworks, I gave up on trying to understand how titles (aristocracy and not) work in UK.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    The talk about "Lady Braddock" in the X-Force thread reminded me of something about Betsy that I still don't understand.
    What does the "Lady" title stands for, in Betsy's case? Is she an aristocrat? Before the canon established that James Braddock is from Otherworld in that 2000s Excalibur run, did canon say that James is from an ancient English family? Or is just a more polite way to say "mrs"?
    Can someone knowledgeable on Betsy (and/or UK things) can shed some light on this for me? I tried to figure it out on my own but Marvel Fanbase didn't help (despite a generic "Lady Elizabeth" referred to Betsy's mother) and after a research for fanworks, I gave up on trying to understand how titles (aristocracy and not) work in UK.
    This is a convolution in the Braddocks lore that no one seems to notice. Early stories has mention the Braddock Manor being a property of the family for generations, implying the Braddocks are a long line of aristocrats in England. In 1985, in Marvel UK Captain Britain #2, mastermind reveals to the twins that their father came from Otherworld.

Marvel Atlas states that sir James Braddock from Otherworld came to earth 616 and took the place of this reality James Braddock, pretty much fixing the continuity mess.
    Last edited by crimsontt; 04-12-2024 at 01:28 PM.

Mighty Member

Fanart Friday!

"Agent Braddock!
    (S.T.R.I.K.E / S.H.I.E.L.D.)"

Love these.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    She also didn't have a British accent in the original series.
    I'm not sure people understand how accents work... There are multiple accents and dialects in any given region. I'm from Philly and speak several languages, accents, and dialects.

You're not born with an accent.

This is a convolution in the Braddocks lore that no one seems to notice. Early stories has mention the Braddock Manor being a property of the family for generations, implying the Braddocks are a long line of aristocrats in England. In 1985, in Marvel UK Captain Britain #2, mastermind reveals to the twins that their father came from Otherworld.

Marvel Atlas states that sir James Braddock from Otherworld came to earth 616 and took the place of this reality James Braddock, pretty much fixing the continuity mess.
    Thank you for the reply, crimsontt. *hearts*
    Especially the last line, it will totally fix some of the conundrums and issues I was having in my AUs!
    (I was stuck with "if Betsy and Brian are what they are because they are children of an Otherworld man, how can they exists in other realities, as Otherworld is unique to the Multiverse?")
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

https://unknowncomicbooks.com/cdn/sh...485&width=1200

Upcoming Fall of the House of X #5 variant by Miguel Mercado. Only image currently available is small but higher quality should be released soon.