Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

^I hope for some messy review threads like in the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Brunstad really believes in her good for her
    Like you're surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post

Like you're surprised.
    Nope. Pretty sure I called that TH was gonna write those pages anyways.

Like you're surprised.
    Now now, let's try to not choose violence for pride month.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

But like seriously Brunstad couldnt get our BICONs Gillen or Ewing to write these two.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Please goddesses may it be so that she’s no longer CB!

So happy to get a confirmation she’ll be in an X-Book ! I don’t care which one as long as the writing is good and the art makes her beautiful.

(Bummer she’s still dating Rachel though. Don’t love them as a couple. Love them as friends though. )
    Yeah, me too. Not a fan of Rachel and Betsy together. On the other hand, I would love to see Besty in a new X-Force.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Now now, let's try to not choose violence for pride month.
    Don't give up now. The way you block negative energy (justified or not) is pure goals.

I seriously hope I am wrong and am manifesting for X-Force, I doubt anything else would get me to invest in Betsy at this point.

Unlimited X-Men kind of debunks your critique here and also Rachel is in Dead X-Men and RotPoX.

It’s really up to editorial to continue to make them work separately and together.

So they’re both considered bisexual unless they state specifically what they are on panel.

I’m not the biggest fan of them together but I still think that other writers should be able to give us their interpretation of them as a couple before you all try to break them up just because you don’t like them together.
    Last edited by CGAR; 03-23-2024 at 04:36 PM.

Do I think that they're pushing the LGBTQ angle partly in order to move her further away from her Psylocke days, I think there is some truth to that statement.

I don't believe those wild Alison Double theories nor did I heed that idiotic Sam Humphries book, where Betsy was made to look like a parody of herself. There is clear subtext in Yukio/Storm and Rachel/Kitty, and I remember nothing of the same between Rachel and Betsy in Reload (unless I'm overlooking something).

I will always stan Warren and Betsy, so frankly, it matters little to me who she's written with. They could pair her up with my favourite X-Man, Beast, and I'd still be opposed to that 'ship.

Rachel/Betsy is tedious and the opposite of compelling, but it's not worse than Psylocke/Dunderbird or Psylocke/Fantomess. Claremont pushed that first pair only because he would not tolerate that one of his pet characters be in a relationship with another whom he dislikes (i. e., Archangel). Remender is king and all, but I'm not overlooking his getting Elisabeth to hook up with someone who was attracting her by means of hypnotic control. That's not tedious, that's vomit-inducing.

There is such lack of drive in the way Betsy has been handled for over five years that debating who they're writing her with is a waste of effort.

Excuse me? Betsy and Neal was HOT AF.

An English rose dressed as an Indian princess. "HOT AF", indeed.

Ultimate Member

Again the whole thing with Neal was only because CC left his book at the time to start X-treme and only took Betsy and Neal. Otherwise CC admitted that Betsy would have refused Neal and his romantic advances towards her.

So far since becoming English again Betsy's stock has dropped steadily, unless something changes this upcoming book seems to be yet another satellite book. So pretty much like Bobby Betsy and Rachel are now little more than their current orientation.

Betsy needs a fresh start, dropping Rachel and the Captain Britian title or else her stock will continue to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Again the whole thing with Neal was only because CC left his book at the time to start X-treme and only took Betsy and Neal. Otherwise CC admitted that Betsy would have refused Neal and his romantic advances towards her.
    What do you mean by that? He took with him every character he systematically made use of during Revolution, save Nightcrawler, Jean and Cable (while Shadowcat and Colossus took long breaks from the comics).

Neal disappeared because the readers didn't care for him (according to CC).

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Unlimited X-Men kind of debunks your critique here and also Rachel is in Dead X-Men and RotPoX.

It’s really up to editorial to continue to make them work separately and together.

So they’re both considered bisexual unless they state specifically what they are on panel.

I’m not the biggest fan of them together but I still think that other writers should be able to give us their interpretation of them as a couple before you all try to break them up just because you don’t like them together.
    Yah, Rachel is in both Rise of the Powers of X and Dead X-Men right now (and likely soon X-Men Forever) and, with the exception of an alt reality Betsy who has nothing to do with her, is nowhere to be found. Meanwhile Betsy's UK story was picked up in Unlimited and she's working with X-Corps against the Externals, Rachel nowhere to be found.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

What do you mean by that? He took with him every character he systematically made use of during Revolution, save Nightcrawler, Jean and Cable (while Shadowcat and Colossus took long breaks from the comics).

Neal disappeared because the readers didn't care for him (according to CC).
    In interviews Claremont admitted that he only paired Betsy and Neal up because he was starting x-treme and nit bringing Warren as well. I was only referring to Betsy and Neal, I was speaking of how or why Neal disappeared. Right now unless something changes both Unlimited and Dead are mostly off in their own little world.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    In interviews Claremont admitted that he only paired Betsy and Neal up because he was starting x-treme and nit bringing Warren as well. I was only referring to Betsy and Neal, I was speaking of how or why Neal disappeared. Right now unless something changes both Unlimited and Dead are mostly off in their own little world.
    In their own little world? They are both heavily involved with the end of Krakoa. Do you read anything?