Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Asian Betsy fans will surely be pleased.

Has anyone rewatched the episodes of the animated series? Do they even say her name?

If Kitty and Elektra can be ninja esque than so can OG Betsy.

Might as well not even bring up the body swap at all and just moved forward.
    Last edited by CGAR; 02-21-2024 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Asian Betsy fans will surely be pleased.

Has anyone rewatched the episodes of the animated series? Do they even say her name?

If Kitty and Elektra can be ninja esque than so can OG Betsy.

Might as well not even bring up the body swap at all and just moved forward.
    I rewatched recently and they only call her Psylocke. I don't know how she's credited though.
    A picture would last longer darling...

So Betsy and Rachel are being written in that wedding issue.

Tini Howard is one of the writers in the one-shot.

So you TH lovers will love that.

Yeah it's not confirmed who is writing their story but it's seems likely it'll be Tini.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/21/ma...ing-special-1/

"Like previous installments of MARVEL’S VOICES: PRIDE, X-MEN: THE WEDDING SPECIAL will also feature an incredible lineup of stories written and drawn by LGBTQIA+ talent, including Tini Howard and Wyatt Kennedy, plus the Marvel Comics debuts of acclaimed writers Tate Brombal (House of Slaughter) andYoon Ha Lee (Ninefox Gambit, Machineries of Empire)! The stories will spotlight characters like Betsy Braddock & Rachel Summers, Loki, and many more."

I'm glad to see them featured in a Voices issue finally!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Remember back in 2018, when we were promised one wedding and got served a whole different one?

You catch my drift? :/

Yeah hoping we get another variant with them two on it.

Edit: oh hell no they better not get married.

Theyve been together for like 3 days.

Dont even put that out into the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Remember back in 2018, when we were promised one wedding and got served a whole different one?

LOL! Don't worry, the Destiny and Mystique wedding happened in the past and Gillen is taking the readers "on a trip through Raven Darkholme and Irene Adler’s breathtaking history and learn when and how they committed to each other in matrimony!"

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post

Selene pls! We mustn’t think such dark thoughts lol!

I think it will be a cute story during that period where they were vacationing through the multiverse. Tini coming back specifically to write this is hilarious.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah it's not confirmed who is writing their story but it's seems likely it'll be Tini.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/21/ma...ing-special-1/

"Like previous installments of MARVEL’S VOICES: PRIDE, X-MEN: THE WEDDING SPECIAL will also feature an incredible lineup of stories written and drawn by LGBTQIA+ talent, including Tini Howard and Wyatt Kennedy, plus the Marvel Comics debuts of acclaimed writers Tate Brombal (House of Slaughter) andYoon Ha Lee (Ninefox Gambit, Machineries of Empire)! The stories will spotlight characters like Betsy Braddock & Rachel Summers, Loki, and many more."

I'm glad to see them featured in a Voices issue finally!
    I love to see Betsy and Rachel represented here. These Marvel Voices stories have been mostly fun and have provided a nice slice of life that we don't see much in the ongoing books anymore.

TH coming back to give us nothing. Yes queen give us dialogue. Give us introspection. Give us pacing. Give us non DnD adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I love to see Betsy and Rachel represented here. These Marvel Voices stories have been mostly fun and have provided a nice slice of life that we don't see much in the ongoing books anymore.
    Yeah they're usually cute little stories where we see characters doing more "normal, everyday" things. I'm glad they're being represented as well and I hope we get a little Amazing Baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    They could also just keep it vague, have her appear without revealing her real name or origin. That's pretty much what all of her adaptations do
    This is sounding more likely to be the way she’s portrayed - Psylocke without a civilian name. This way, it’s neither Betsy nor Kwannon explicitly, but whichever of them you project onto the character based on your head canon.

His non-explicit reply in the Q&A that there’ll be a Betsy and Kwannon story doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll both be introduced. All they have to do is introduce 90s Psylocke and both Betsy and Kwannon are implicitly represented.
    Last edited by Kwannon; 02-21-2024 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah they're usually cute little stories where we see characters doing more "normal, everyday" things. I'm glad they're being represented as well and I hope we get a little Amazing Baby.
    Yes, it’s about time they are represented in Marvel Voices! Tini Howard won a GLAAD media award for excellence in depiction of LGBTQIA+ characters in Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain so it makes sense that she should come back to write them in Marvel Voices! Very fitting.

Somehow Tini Howard returned 💀

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannon View Post
    Yes, it’s about time they are represented in Marvel Voices! Tini Howard won a GLAAD media award for excellence in depiction of LGBTQIA+ characters in Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain so it makes sense that she should come back to write them in Marvel Voices! Very fitting.
    Good point. The nomination is an important one in terms of representation and advocacy.

Ooh I wonder who the artist is going to be for the story. I liked a lot of the art in last year's Voices including work from ROSI KÄMPE, ROBERTA INGRANATA, and STEPHEN BYRNE.