Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Haha yes. It reminded of this as well. I guess she felt like grandstanding today and I loved it.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Today's scene where she breaks the fourth wall (kind of) with her "focused totality" was epic. I miss her self-irony.

LOL that cracked me up at the time. It's too bad Kelly effectively wrote Betsy off the X-books with that story... although it didn't end up lasting very long.

^Unofficially, she was already off the books. Lobdell was not trying to tell a story with the Crimson Dawn or her moving in with Warren.

^Unofficially, she was already off the books. Lobdell was not trying to tell a story with the Crimson Dawn or her moving in with Warren.
    Between Lobdell and Nicieza, that era just wasn't great for Elizabeth. Nicieza at least wrote her somewhat competently but saddled her with the body-swap nonsense. Lobdell was just awful for Betsy, I always hated the Crimson Dawn story. That's why I was hopeful Kelly would keep her around at the time as he was doing such a marvelous job with everyone else in his cast.

If you’re on instagram. I implore you to send in a question about Betsy so the head writer knows there is interest.

Please be respectful we tend to get what we want when we’re sweet like honey.

https://ngl.link/beau_demayo1?fbclid...i7ijSsYZMjR-FI

Or let him know we want to see the Betsy Kwannon arc so they can both be spot lighted .

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Between Lobdell and Nicieza, that era just wasn't great for Elizabeth. Nicieza at least wrote her somewhat competently but saddled her with the body-swap nonsense. Lobdell was just awful for Betsy, I always hated the Crimson Dawn story. That's why I was hopeful Kelly would keep her around at the time as he was doing such a marvelous job with everyone else in his cast.
    I find myself agreeing with you in part; I found the way Kelly exploited the Crimson Dawn in order to help her gain an advantage during the fight very compelling. What in turn was frustrating about it was that Lobdell came up with it so that he could shift the focus exclusively to Jean for Onslaught, as if Betsy wasn't an upper level telepath herself.

But Kelly and Seagle wrote Archangel, Beast and Iceman off the books without shutting their powers down, so I don't think it made a difference at the end. BTW, Revanche-gate aside, the first half of the 90's was very strong, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If you’re on instagram. I implore you to send in a question about Betsy so the head writer knows there is interest.

Please be respectful we tend to get what we want when we’re sweet like honey.

https://ngl.link/beau_demayo1?fbclid...i7ijSsYZMjR-FI

Or let him know we want to see the Betsy Kwannon arc so they can both be spot lighted .
    Thanks for the link. I see "Psylocke" has been coming up a lot. At one point he said, "All you Psylocke fans. I hear you." Then someone asked, "Can we get the original British Psylocke instead of the weird body swapped version please" and he said "Ohhhhhhh boy."

It's good that he's hearing the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Then someone asked, "Can we get the original British Psylocke instead of the weird body swapped version please" and he said "Ohhhhhhh boy."
    That's what I said too, when I clicked on his Linktree. He's seriously on OnlyFans?!

That's what I said too, when I clicked on his Linktree. He's seriously on OnlyFans?!
    Oh I didn't realize he had a Linktree. I just submitted a question I know nothing.

Yes!

Chris Hassan:

"And here's tonight's second #XMenMonday call for questions: Steve Foxe and Steve Orlando for their #FallOfX 'X-Men Unlimited' epic — which isn't over yet! But so many fan-favorite character appearances demand an X-Men Monday, right? #XMen #XSpoilers"

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/19/x-...men-unlimited/

X-Men Monday Rules and Official Form
    Accepting Questions About: X-Men Unlimited

Deadline: Friday, February 23, 2024 @ 8 PM EST

He's certainly good-looking enough for that

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Thanks for the link. I see "Psylocke" has been coming up a lot. At one point he said, "All you Psylocke fans. I hear you." Then someone asked, "Can we get the original British Psylocke instead of the weird body swapped version please" and he said "Ohhhhhhh boy."

It's good that he's hearing the fans.
    It's really great that Betsy fans often get acknowledged and that creators are aware she has a dedicated fanbase. Beau previously teased a possible Psylocke appearance in X97, however that must have a been a tweet from over a year ago plus it could easily be a quick cameo... Frankly I'd rather wait for her to appear in season 2 if it means she's going to have decent screentime.

Probably they will retcon Psylocke to be Kwannon all along.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Probably they will retcon Psylocke to be Kwannon all along.
    I think they are already doing this, have you seen the description of the X-Men: Blood Hunt One-Shots? They call Kwannon one of "these four mutant A-Listers" and by the number of alternate covers that Kwannon is and Besty are not on, I feel like she is stealing a lot of the spotlight that would normally go to Betsy, which because she is no longer Psylocke, Kwannon has appeared more in x men comics than Betsy, which as Mavel loves the telepathic ninja, Kwannon is appearing a lot in place of Betsy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I think they are already doing this, have you seen the description of the X-Men: Blood Hunt One-Shots? They call Kwannon one of "these four mutant A-Listers" and by the number of alternate covers that Kwannon is and Besty are not on, I feel like she is stealing a lot of the spotlight that would normally go to Betsy, which because she is no longer Psylocke, Kwannon has appeared more in x men comics than Betsy, which as Mavel loves the telepathic ninja, Kwannon is appearing a lot in place of Betsy
    The use of the "focused totality" phrase this week says otherwise and Betsy's solo TPB just released.

What is smart is that this Kwannon story is taking place in Japan. I've always felt deepening her ties to Japan is a great way to continue differentiating them.