Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

This is the Betsy I want back.

And this.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

One of her iconic moments. Defeating Shadow King.

Screenshot_20240421_190325_CDisplayEx.jpg
    Peerless and Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Looking forward to it! Loved all the stuff you were saying about her mindset and apex fighting styles available to a telepath in the other thread. I’m looking forward to see what she’s juggling and why Forge comes to her and Ray for help. They’ve got a long history but not much interaction so I’m intrigued to know how she acts with him.
    Couldn't agree more and it's why I love you so, you look forward. Geoff's description of Betsy is something I think about often: "You can expect Betsy to be a serious, seasoned warrior with a sober mind and incisive attitude. You can expect her relationship with Rachel to have nuance, depth and complexity...
    She's been in one battle zone or another nearly her entire adult life and she is still here to talk about it. But somehow she didn't turn into Wolverine or Omega Red. I think that's interesting, personally."

The above along with the cast she'll be interacting with has me very excited.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

We all are looking forward. It's just the quality of storytelling that we all want back. We're just as excited for the coming era.
    Peerless and Fearless

I think Betsy has been written pretty well over the last few months and Thorne isn’t Howard so I don’t think you can hold the sins of TH against him. His version of Betts already sounds wildly different, she won’t be in a bulky costume anymore, and he said she’s got her plate full so she likely won’t just be dealing with patriotic/Otherworld stuff.

I like what I've been reading based on the teasers and responses of Sir Geoffrey so I'm very hopeful for his take on his X-Force and especially for Betsy.
    Peerless and Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Couldn't agree more and it's why I love you so, you look forward. Geoff's description of Betsy is something I think about often: "You can expect Betsy to be a serious, seasoned warrior with a sober mind and incisive attitude. You can expect her relationship with Rachel to have nuance, depth and complexity...
    She's been in one battle zone or another nearly her entire adult life and she is still here to talk about it. But somehow she didn't turn into Wolverine or Omega Red. I think that's interesting, personally."

The above along with the cast she'll be interacting with has me very excited.
    Yeah those tidbits are what make me hopeful.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    And this.

All of this.. while she wasn’t an A lister, this was really when she shone. I think there was something more mysterious about her there, then when she became a mysterious ninja (although I did love that change and OG storyline). When I think of examples of Psylocke and compare them to what we got by TH, this is the strength and assurance that I am talking about. Anything of Betsy during Claremont’s original run, was great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    All of this.. while she wasn’t an A lister, this was really when she shone. I think there was something more mysterious about her there, then when she became a mysterious ninja (although I did love that change and OG storyline). When I think of examples of Psylocke and compare them to what we got by TH, this is the strength and assurance that I am talking about. Anything of Betsy during Claremont’s original run, was great stuff
    It's interesting to me how she wasn't considered a popular character during this era until she became an Asian ninja. Even if you look at the covers for UXM at the time when she was still in her original body, she was rarely included unless the whole team was depicted. She didn't really prominently appear on covers until after the transformation/body swap. Yet, I feel like something was lost after the body swap. But part of that may also be because CC didn't get to write her very long like that before he left the book and writers afterwards floundered on what to do with her besides the Kwannon retcon. She seemed to regress for much of the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Looking forward to what you have in store for us.

Unfortunately our time machine is broken but I believe we're in for a fun ride so I say let's buckle up!
    Looking forward to seeing Betsy’s continued (forward) evolution, as Captain Britain and in other respects!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    It's interesting to me how she wasn't considered a popular character during this era until she became an Asian ninja. Even if you look at the covers for UXM at the time when she was still in her original body, she was rarely included unless the whole team was depicted. She didn't really prominently appear on covers until after the transformation/body swap. Yet, I feel like something was lost after the body swap. But part of that may also be because CC didn't get to write her very long like that before he left the book and writers afterwards floundered on what to do with her besides the Kwannon retcon. She seemed to regress for much of the 90s.
    I loved her too, but she was Diet Storm as the run went on up until Siege Perilous.

Diet Storm? In what ways?

There were times Storm had to remind Betsy of certain things.

They were differentiated well.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Scans have been posted that led to the reason I fell in love with Betsy. I don't have a problem looking foward but I have to actually like the content for that to work and I personally think that she is a much more fascinating character as Psylocke than CB. I also don't like her as a patriot too. We all have our opinions. I'm gonna try to remain optimistic, though.

Another favorite scene of mine.

Ngl I feel like I was reading a different book whenever y'all talk about Betsy being a patriot lol. She was very much always pushing back against the British government and consistently forgot they existed while worrying mostly about krakoa and Otherworld. It was such a big reason about why they hated her. And even when she finally did start to decide to start playing nice in her solo it was mostly for pr reasons, and Unlimited has quickly shattered those again. She's still always been about mutants first rather than defending "queen and country".