Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Fanart Friday!

Art by socialpiker.
    https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...69115768541557

@AlanHoxor having some more fun
    https://twitter.com/AlanHoxor/status...18251342463429

"Agent Braddock!
    (S.T.R.I.K.E / S.H.I.E.L.D.)"

Those boots are high af but really cool variants art.

The Unknown Comics variant looks very good. I seem to spot Betsy with strong biceps. And the costume is almost good. *surprised Hakka is surprised*

Speaking of arts.
    I'm not sure if this person is still on CBR forums (in the comment of one fanart from 2011 they mention CBR), and perhaps you already know them or their arts, but... just take a look at this Psylocke folder on devianart. there's so much goodness!
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I already liked the costumes but I love them even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    The costumes look so much better in this variant. Loving the black.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Agreed, the black looks great and I'm glad there's much more of it than I originally thought.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Do you think her hair is meant to be styled as a bun and ponytail combined? These variants make it look so, but the regular cover just shows a ponytail.

Mighty Member

They’re not awful. I think the thing that I HATE about these costumes is the yellow on the inside collar. I know they each have a variation on their individual costumes, but maybe if they had a color more suited for each person? I mean Rachel and Sage have always kind of always been in red or black.
    Maybe a lavender piping in Betsy’s costume and a blue for Surge? The costumes definitely look better on this cover and I like how Tank looks on this cover as well.

Marcos To needs to give us a banging Betsy look soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Do you think her hair is meant to be styled as a bun and ponytail combined? These variants make it look so, but the regular cover just shows a ponytail.
    I'm reading it is as this style of ponytail. Never thought of Betts as having that length of hair (oddly enough, Kwannon, yes)
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Very cute variants and the costumes look a lot better here. The Asrar one is great. I know everyone doesn't see it for Retsy but their cover game is FIRE. I don't think they've had a bad one yet.

the covers are good ish. I just dislike how they try to make them manly or butch just because of the relationship. Theyre a bi.

Just because people are lesbian or bi doesnt mean you have to start butching them up. Its like straight artist have never been around LGBT people sometimes.

the covers are good ish. I just dislike how they try to make them manly or butch just because of the relationship. Theyre a bi.

Just because people are lesbian or bi doesnt mean you have to start butching them up. Its like straight artist have never been around LGBT people sometimes.
    I dont think Betsy looks butch. Rachel however has often been drawn butch since her creation which is hat initially led to the lesbian speculations over the years

I’m liking the costumes more and more. The black to red ratio looks better here and it goes well with her hair color. I’m glad Betsy has the more elegant one. It suits her. I hope the cleavage is there to stay. Since in the second cover it is not, it’s not clear if she has it or not.

As for the hair, I live that it looks super long.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 04-15-2024 at 02:37 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think Betsy looks butch. Rachel however has often been drawn butch since her creation which is hat initially led to the lesbian speculations over the years
    She looks butch in the Unknown Comics variant. I doubt To will draw her that way im just noticing subtle things with certain artists.

I can understand the butch thing especially when a lot of her previous costumes pushed the femme in femme fatale but I do feel like Betsy has always played between masculine and feminine tropes. Brian always said she could be a little tomboyish sometimes back in the day so we could say she's tapping back into that. I don't need it all the time though lol

I mean im not saying she cant pull off a tux i just mean Im hoping they dont lean into it too much just becuase of the relationship.

But anyways hopefully Marcus To works some new magic in his X-Force run.

She looks butch in the Unknown Comics variant. I doubt To will draw her that way im just noticing subtle things with certain artists.
    The muscular arms work for me since she's a Captain Britain. She looks like a lot of the ladies at my gym and they're still pretty fem, just jacked.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!