Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Really hope we get to see her new look and new book stat

I'll pretend you didn't remind me this, Thirteen. Thank you. D:
    The attempted rape by someone who looks like her brother... but she also lost her eyes in that costume, am I right? Half of her traumas are related to this costume (only her deaths and bodyswap are left out). Not this specific costume, but she was wearing a version of this costume in Uncanny X-Force, when she had Brian kill James - which was another trauma of hers.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Amidst discussion about heroes being dressed in costumes linked to personal trauma (see Rachel Summers, Warren Worthington...) and continued debate about Betsy's raiment as Captain Britain, I remembered that Lady Braddock's first Captain Britain uniform was literally the outfit worn by her sadistic alt-timeline universe twin brother who proceeded to assault and attempt to rape fledgeling heroine Betts back in the day. Death by Psychoblasting for him and 616 Brian arrived to find a smoldering corpse of his variant. Elisabeth finds herself wearing a version of her attackers Kaptain Briton costume when she assumes the mantle of the Captain that ill-fated first stint.
    It's all very ominous as we see the scenes play out while she's being attacked in the present. She was very resistant to it at first but once she put it on she was enthralled by its power.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Is that Michael guy a parody of some real world person?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Is that Michael guy a parody of some real world person?
    I believe he might be. I think our friend Panic might know if he happens to be reading the thread because I think he's mentioned it before.

i saw this british morning show and was just hearing them talk

do you all think Betsy would say 'Babes'

'im so sorry luv im so sorry babes'

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    i saw this british morning show and was just hearing them talk

do you all think Betsy would say 'Babes'

'im so sorry luv im so sorry babes'
    Speaking as a UK resident, both "luv" and "babes" are absolutely something a Brit would say... although not necessarily an upper-class woman like Elizabeth. But I suppose they could work in the context of her speaking to friends.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It's all very ominous as we see the scenes play out while she's being attacked in the present. She was very resistant to it at first but once she put it on she was enthralled by its power.

I was reading Captain Britain Volume 2 and this R.C.X plot was very weirdly delivered.

What was the point of the agents with saints' codenames? What's the relationship between Matthew(former Gabriel) and Betsy? Why did he have so much control over her?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...pride-synopsis

- A Betsy Braddock and Rachel Summers adventure by the writer who brought them together—EXCALIBUR scribe Tini Howard! Joined by rising star Phillip Sevy, Howard pits the hot new couple against the Omniversal Majestrix, Opal Luna Saturnyne! Just about everyone in the Marvel Universe is invited to the vow renewal… except for Saturnyne. And she’s not happy. But why is she taking it out on Betsy and Rachel?

My first instinct is there may be a status quo change here. We learned in BBCB that Saturnyne had been considering reaching out to Betsy, and then vice versa. Is she going to beg for her old job back?

I’m just hoping she’s following on with Unlimited and adapts to what we are liking from that series. And I hope they give Sevy time to really make his art good for this series.

One of the things I often enjoyed was the dynamic between Saturnyne and Betsy. The way they cut each other with words was fun.

Last edited by JB; 04-04-2024 at 02:07 PM.

So the rumors were true. More torture for poor Betsy.
    Someone really wants to destroy the character.

It’s just one issue and hopefully she closes out the era on a better note.

We gotta think positive.

And what rumors? This was announced a little while back, we're just now getting the details. 10 pages.
    TH wrote an article recently on her substack and it was in a way reminiscing of her time with the X-office and saying goodbye to it.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...pride-synopsis

- A Betsy Braddock and Rachel Summers adventure by the writer who brought them together—EXCALIBUR scribe Tini Howard! Joined by rising star Phillip Sevy, Howard pits the hot new couple against the Omniversal Majestrix, Opal Luna Saturnyne! Just about everyone in the Marvel Universe is invited to the vow renewal… except for Saturnyne. And she’s not happy. But why is she taking it out on Betsy and Rachel?

My first instinct is there may be a status quo change here. We learned in BBCB that Saturnyne had been considering reaching out to Betsy, and then vice versa. Is she going to beg for her old job back?
    This sounds like a fun premise as Howard wrote some fun intersections between Betsy and Saturnyne in the past. I wonder if the story might conclude with Saturnyne fully accepting Betsy in her role as Captain Britain, and not begrudgingly so? Although it's a pretty short story tbf so there might not be a lot of meat.