Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Seems like some fans are getting everything they wanted from back when was still Asian and later, storyline wise and such, and so far little to none of it has worked.
    What does this even mean lol
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

It means that some of the storylines for Betsy over the last few years are ones that some fans have wanted for years, claiming them to be winners. Then when the storyline is actually done the story fails. I wonder why again apparently the other writers didn't want Betsy, unless the roster and or storylines were dictated to one degree or another to the writers...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It means that some of the storylines for Betsy over the last few years are ones that some fans have wanted for years, claiming them to be winners. Then when the storyline is actually done the story fails. I wonder why again apparently the other writers didn't want Betsy, unless the roster and or storylines were dictated to one degree or another to the writers...
    It's all about canon for me. Threads are put out for the next writers to pick up and use. In serialized media it's always going to be that way so I'm glad different aspects of Betsy have been brought back to the fore.

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    The muscles is what I dislike. Betsy is supposed to look like a model. Too much muscle never look good in any clothes. I have this opinion for men and women. I tend to link more lean physiques.

Like the first alternate cover. She’s petite, long hair and has a cleavage. Very fem. I like that for her. Rachel looks good butch. It’s her vibe.

I know Betsy is a fashionista and she can play wi the styles but I just don’t want them to fully transform her. She soend years being a posh femme fatale with an adrenaline addiction. She already lost the Psylocke name and position in main teams for Kwannon. No more striping down her character please.
    The body Betsy is in was created by Sinister don't forget. I am sure he would have given her a more athletic body. Also, she has trained as a ninja for years, her body probably has some form of muscle memory. She is an action character, not a soft butterfly. They can still give her the fashion aspect of her personality, but now as a lesbian, I am afraid they will continue to "butch" Betsy up. You can already see it in how she is drawn now, very masculine.

Yes, "butch" is Rachel's ideal look. I wish she had the mullet again (with the shaved top and front bangs), but that hairstyle is kind of 80's dated. I just don't want Rachel to get the generic Brooklyn lesbian haircut that Tini Howard and RB Silva gave her...it's too frilly and curly(the shaved sides and the curly Charlie Chaplin bangs).

People forget that although Jim Zub wrote Betsy getting her original body back, Kwannon DIED and Betsy felt her death. Everything since then has been all Betsy. The posh Femme Fatale was all Betsy, full stop! It's only when Tini Howard got hold of the character that she retconned everything about the body switch and then slowly began to strip everything away from Betsy that was hers...a penance for a "white woman colonizing an Asian Body".

After fan outcry and outrage, Howard slowly started putting Betsy's signature powers and abilities back. Thank goodness Steve Foxe also found Betsy's voice again in the short time he has written the character, because now as a character she is becoming whole again. Geoff Thorne has inherited a character that is in a good place, hopefully he won't regress the character or lean in to anything Tini Howard has done.

If I don’t get to see Betsy drawn like this in X-Force at some point, I’ll riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    If I don’t get to see Betsy drawn like this in X-Force at some point, I’ll riot.

This is a whole vibe.

Love it. Can they bring this back in style please.

Need.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    A team!

Omg is Selene "reviving" all the killed mutants into blood zombies? That's insane!

Man that art is beyond rough

So like now Im curious. Do you all think she will get a solo.

I know I despise the whole patriotic hero thing but if its the only way to get her another solo with maybe a good writer and artist.

Do we take it?

IDK im conflicted.

I would.
    But I can't see how she can return to the Captain Britain after Fall of X (and it was already hard during Excalibur and how UK treated her from the start, IMHO).
    I think they should leave her to be CB for Multiverse-only things (the Corps are modelled around her, after all) and place Brian back into the "UK champion" role, working only on UK soil.
    So, Betsy has to do with Satyurnine and Roma, and Brian with UK government.
    (although, given basically all his family is mutant, I wouldn't be surprised if Brian gave the UK the bird and said "you know what, sort it out yourselves, I have a good time in Avalon hanging out with my mad MUTANT brother and playing with my MUTANT(?) daughter and loving my MUTANT wife, bye")
    Last edited by Hakka84; 04-19-2024 at 04:42 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Just noticed that Betsy's outback armor is prominently featured in MADRIPOOR KNIGHTS.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So like now Im curious. Do you all think she will get a solo.

I know I despise the whole patriotic hero thing but if its the only way to get her another solo with maybe a good writer and artist.

Do we take it?

IDK im conflicted.
    Depending on how Brevoort and co. would want to angle it I think it's very possible. We'll see what her status quo is in July and that should help better inform the possibilities. But yeah as CB she has access to a lot story threads to be built off of. I like the idea that she's still CB but also working with Forge, a marriage of the UK and X-elements that shape her.

To Hakka84's point, I'm curious what Brian will be up to in all of this. I can see him retaking the mantle to be the "face" since things will still be hostile between humanity and mutants. But I also see him thumbing his nose at the government since his entire family are mutants.