Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Such a visually fun and creative way to use her powers. We've been blessed with so many butterflies in this story.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

im very curious if when this Unlimited arc ends her next appearance is Dead X-Men or if she will appear concurrently in both.

Because one comes out Monday and the other Wednesday.

I’m now 99% convinced the Disassembled Betsy in Dead X-Men is an alternate version from one of Moira’s timelines.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I’m now 99% convinced the Disassembled Betsy in Dead X-Men is an alternate version from one of Moira’s timelines.
    I was thinking the opposite after reading the latest Unlimited issue, that the Steves set her up to leave the flag behind, which is why she's wearing her old costume in Dead X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Agreed until

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I was thinking the opposite after reading the latest Unlimited issue, that the Steves set her up to leave the flag behind, which is why she's wearing her old costume in Dead X-Men.
    I read this last Unlimited issue.

But we shall see.

Gonna need to see how Betsy Braddock is gonna look in the new era so I can get my Clay Mann commission.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    The story suggests this. UK doesn't love Betsy, they don't want her as their hero and it makes more than sense that Betsy would go "you know what? Go f*ck yourself too. Go ask Akkaba to protect you next time!".

But I don't think Marvel is still ready to have Betsy give up the mantle. We might be a fan or not (and I'm not a fan), but as CB Betsy has a "purpose" in the MU (for as sidelined and corner as it is): she has her own role that sets her out (or corners her in a niche title - either, is a role).
    Removing the CB mantle, you have a tp/tk (the X-Corner has others who are more prominent - see Emma and Jean), and a past warrior available to do grey and secret-type stuff (but we have Kwannon for that).
    Also, Marvel has tried so much to establish Betsy as CB and have her fans accept the new role, to now give it up?

Not to mention... we have a Corps made only of Elizabeths that answer not to Saturnyne/the Starlight Citadel but to Betsy herself.
    Wouldn't have any sense for Marvel to remove the title of CB from Betsy (to give the role back to Brian?). IMHO.

Unless with "leave the flag" are we meaning the "uk champion", but leaving Betsy her CB title?
    Do we ever had a CB that didn't wear any combination of the UK flag or UK flag colours?
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Mighty Member

Betsy needs to get out of that toxic work environment in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Betsy needs to get out of that toxic work environment in the UK
    Agreed. Like Uncanny said I think an exit is being set up for her. But I also agree with Hakka84 in that it's a unique role for her that can be still be used. The Steves have shown how well she can be written and in my mind a fresh costume change is all I would need for her to continue on. I love her working with Dani on X-Corps and maybe we can have a period where she does her own thing and the UK has the face the consequences of being without a Captain Britain.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    The story suggests this. UK doesn't love Betsy, they don't want her as their hero and it makes more than sense that Betsy would go "you know what? Go f*ck yourself too. Go ask Akkaba to protect you next time!".

But I don't think Marvel is still ready to have Betsy give up the mantle. We might be a fan or not (and I'm not a fan), but as CB Betsy has a "purpose" in the MU (for as sidelined and corner as it is): she has her own role that sets her out (or corners her in a niche title - either, is a role).
    Removing the CB mantle, you have a tp/tk (the X-Corner has others who are more prominent - see Emma and Jean), and a past warrior available to do grey and secret-type stuff (but we have Kwannon for that).
    Also, Marvel has tried so much to establish Betsy as CB and have her fans accept the new role, to now give it up?

Not to mention... we have a Corps made only of Elizabeths that answer not to Saturnyne/the Starlight Citadel but to Betsy herself.
    Wouldn't have any sense for Marvel to remove the title of CB from Betsy (to give the role back to Brian?). IMHO.

Unless with "leave the flag" are we meaning the "uk champion", but leaving Betsy her CB title?
    Do we ever had a CB that didn't wear any combination of the UK flag or UK flag colours?
    While I prefer Betsy as Psylocke, I also enjoy her as Captain Britain and wouldn't mind seeing her continue with that and see another creative team take a crack at the concept. Unless there are plans to fully integrate her back into an X-team, I agree that the Captain Britain / Otherworld / STRIKE angles provide an excellent backdrop for Betsy's little corner in the X-Universe... the trouble is all that hasn't exactly been commercially successful for Marvel to have another go I fear.

That's also why I'm reading an exit strategy from the UK and the Captain Britain role in the latest X-Men Unlimited issue and Betsy sporting her old Disassembled uniform in Dead X-Men. Unless that's really an alternate Betsy like we saw an Emma variant last issue. I guess we have a little less than a month before we find out!

Mighty Member

Let’s give her a new suit. Give her Psylocke back. We have no idea how much of a reset the end of this era will be. It’s no secret I have not enjoyed her as CB. I think the Steve’s are writing her well from what I can see from JB’s recaps (thanks again! The only reason to like Mondays haha)

I think that the CB era for her was a major flop IMHO. All of it had to do with writing and this push on mutant magic (which I still will never fully get). And once you’re on an Excalibur team, you’re not really in the X-verse really. It has always felt separate. More X adjacent. I really wish she had more Krakoa time and was a member of the council in someway.

I am very curious what we will see from Betsy when Tom has this era of X-men. And hurry the F up, because FoX is dragging and it’s a shame we just have Betsy in Unlimited

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    LetÂ’s give her a new suit. Give her Psylocke back. We have no idea how much of a reset the end of this era will be. ItÂ’s no secret I have not enjoyed her as CB. I think the SteveÂ’s are writing her well from what I can see from JBÂ’s recaps (thanks again! The only reason to like Mondays haha)

I think that the CB era for her was a major flop IMHO. All of it had to do with writing and this push on mutant magic (which I still will never fully get). And once youÂ’re on an Excalibur team, youÂ’re not really in the X-verse really. It has always felt separate. More X adjacent. I really wish she had more Krakoa time and was a member of the council in someway.

I am very curious what we will see from Betsy when Tom has this era of X-men. And hurry the F up, because FoX is dragging and itÂ’s a shame we just have Betsy in Unlimited
    Betsy back as psylocke
    Kwannon as kwannon
    Lizzie braddock back from her coma and stepping up as captain britain prime
    Magistrate braddock as their nemesis
    Meggan Braddock aged fast and becoming a teen Revanche dying the tips of her hair purple

A galore of psylocke should never be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Betsy back as psylocke
    Kwannon as kwannon
    Lizzie braddock back from her coma and stepping up as captain britain prime
    Magistrate braddock as their nemesis
    Meggan Braddock aged fast and becoming a teen Revanche dying the tips of her hair purple

A galore of psylocke should never be a problem
    New pitch for Marvel: the Psylockes. *lol*
    Edit: complete opposite. Kwannon as CB, Betsy returns Psylocke.
    *sorry, it's late here, I'm delirious*
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

In thinking about what the post Krakoa world could look like I keep envisioning X-Corps continuing on and have representatives for mutantkind in different nations/regions. If by chance mutants won't be in one place anymore I don't think the X-Men should only be in the mansion (or any one location) but spread out to protect them. Betsy could be a leader of a team covering the UK and maybe even other parts of Europe if she's not with the rest of the X-Men. And if they're going to a somewhat back to basics set up post Krakoa, then I'm all for a new Excalibur book.