Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I might be not remembering Fallen Angels correctly but I don't recall any mentions of Kwannon being stuck inside Betsy's head after she originally died - my working assumption was that she just lingered around the astral plane until her original body was available again... basically like telepaths in the world of X do really.
    There's a scene in issue #1 of Fallen Angels where Sinister asks Kwannon, "Where were you when Braddock was your puppeteer? Looking out of your eye-windows, watching her control your hands?" Kwannon replies, "I was burning. Screaming, but no one could hear me." I believe it comes up again later but that's the one scene I remember most.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I might be not remembering Fallen Angels correctly but I don't recall any mentions of Kwannon being stuck inside Betsy's head after she originally died - my working assumption was that she just lingered around the astral plane until her original body was available again... basically like telepaths in the world of X do really.
    Oh no he even posted an iconic image on twitter during the Jim Lee era of Psylocke psyknifing Magneto and he insinuated he believed she was still in Betsy's head. So I think its what he planned to do.

The best way to make sense of it IMO is to look at the Sisterhood arc where Spiral and Maddie resurrected the British body and did a mind swap with Betsy.

She ended up fighting an entity on the astral plane which had long been speculated as Kwannon. When placed back in the Asian body, we got Betsy back in control but I think they can work it as Kwannon having joined her at that same moment, trapped and unable to exert any control until Betsy' mind left in MiM. It makes sense that they were together since the Utopia era, NOT throughout the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    People will question the "legitimacy" of this until the end of time but to me it was crystal clear what it was.

I mean no offense, but I really hated what I read of the Betsy/Cluster romance.

It didn't read to me as though it was trying to explore the idea that Betsy was dating Cluster because she was dating the part of Fantomex that was in love with her. Or that she was trying to figure out if she was bi.

It appeared to me that the comic was trying to provide some woman on woman action for straight readers. Hopefully to boost the sales figures.

Now, I have to admit that I stopped reading the comic because I just flat out didn't like it. The Bishop stuff mostly. So am I wrong and was there more done with Cluster/Betsy than hot bed scenes or ass grabbing by the time the comic ended? Or, hell, was there more done early on that I just don't remember because I hate that version of the X-Force comic so damn much?

And I guess that I should add that I don't feel this way because I am mad that it started the end of Warren/Betsy. I'm glad that Warren is away from her, never to be returned. And I say that whose favorite X-couple is Warren/Betsy. It just needed to go. So I'm not bitter that Betsy is gay for shipping reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The best way to make sense of it IMO is to look at the Sisterhood arc where Spiral and Maddie resurrected the British body and did a mind swap with Betsy.

She ended up fighting an entity on the astral plane which had long been speculated as Kwannon. When placed back in the Asian body, we got Betsy back in control but I think they can work it as Kwannon having joined her at that same moment, trapped and unable to exert any control until Betsy' mind left in MiM. It makes sense that they were together since the Utopia era, NOT throughout the 90s
    Rnap22 said something similar and I think that works. I never thought of it that way but it could track.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I've seen this theory before but I don't know if it really works for me as the evil entity doesn't really sound like Kwannon at all and she probably wouldn't refer to her own body as "the vessel". I always took it to be whatever spell Madelyne conjured up to enslave Betsy in the previous issues.

oh yeah that definitely works.

I've seen this theory before but I don't know if it really works for me as the evil entity doesn't really sound like Kwannon at all and she probably wouldn't refer to her own body as "the vessel". I always took it to be whatever spell Madelyne conjured up to enslave Betsy in the previous issues.
    She was tainted by Maddie's dark magic. Thats enough to explain the entity's persona

Just highlighting our gal from today's issue for the thread.

They knew it was a suicide mission for the Madrox dupe so I appreciated the care.
    Talking things through with Dani (I need more of them together), and that close up. I love her "I'll kill you" expression.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

She was tainted by Maddie's dark magic. Thats enough to explain the entity's persona
    That also works as an explanation admittedly.

(bringing over from the Cyclops thread for Psylocke relevance...)

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Wasn't the whole Betsy loving Scott thing explained away? I prefer him with Jean. And I don't like the triangle either. Its petty and immature.
    There was the suggestion that it was the influence of Kwannon's "evil" sexy psyche pushing Betts to cause some chaos on the team.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Thank god that haircut only lasted a handful of issues

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    (bringing over from the Cyclops thread for Psylocke relevance...)

There was the suggestion that it was the influence of Kwannon's "evil" sexy psyche pushing Betts to cause some chaos on the team.
    Yeah along those lines. Not so much evil but Kwannon's more sensual presence was influencing Betsy to act. Once Kwannon surprised everyone by showing up at the mansion in Betsy's body and they learned there was a connection between them, Betsy went to Jean for help.

Jean was visibly upset for Betsy after what they learned. Thankfully that was remedied at the end of the arc when Betsy was made whole again.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Jean was visibly upset for Betsy after what they learned. Thankfully that was remedied at the end of the arc when Betsy was made whole again.
    Jean is probably also quite upset because her mind also merged with the experiences and memories of other beings before (Phoenix, Madelyne). Must be quite triggering to witness Psylocke's mental state.

...sooooo, wait a second, Scott has no fault in the situation at all? lol boys will be boys.....

And things came back full circle as Jean was the one to help Betsy after she returned to her current body. Too bad we never saw it