Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

When Luckystar posts you come in to check lol

Thanks for the snippet. Bummed he didnt mention Betsy but excited to see what he does on the series and Unlimited.

Thankfully, he just did a podcast interview.
    https://www.comicbookyeti.com/podcas...lks-dead-x-men

Some interesting stuff:

Cryptid Creator Corner Introduces Dead X-Men: We’re at the end of the Krakoan Age and beginning a new era with these two intertwining series The Fall of the House of X and the Rise of the Hours of X and enter the Dead X-Men where the new X-Men candidates, Cannonball, Jubilee, Dazzler, Frenzy, and Prodigy, who were killed by the ultimate Nimrod Power Bomb during the Hellfire Gala. They were recruited by Professor X for a secret mission and bouncing around different key temporal locations and realities past in an attempt to find a solution that just might reverse the fate of Krakoa and things that happened.

Steve Foxe about Dead X-Men: As you’ll see in Rise of Powers of X, Xavier actually recruits a small team himself and that includes Rachel Summers and Rachel’s in charge of this aspect of the mission. So, it’s Rachel who decides these five mutants are the ones who should be doing. So, she’s kind of the sixth dead X-Men even though there’s no dying involved at her path.

This [Dead X-Men] is pretty tightly interwoven with Rise of the Powers of X to the point where you will see exact scenes reflected in both, working so closely with Kieran throughout this has been really amazing. He’s a creator I look up to so much. So, it’s been very surreal these last couple months to be working so closely with him to determine how this is going to fit into Rise of the Powers of X. And he’s been so generous in reflecting plotlines and building things back and forth. I mean, even Rachel’s role in his book ended up changing when I had strong feelings about how I wanted to deploy her here. And as much as every other time I say, you don’t have to read the larger event, you can just read this. You should probably be reading both. These are some big concepts. What I can promise is that you’re going to get very character-focused work in Dead X Man. It’s really about celebrating these five and Rachel. Rachel to a lesser extent because she didn’t get squished by Nimrod. It’s about celebrating these five. It’s about celebrating the Krakoan era and looking back on it.

Steve Foxe about X-Men Infinity Unlimited: Starting in January, we are doing an arc that will actually continue all the way till summer. So rather than doing short stories, we’re actually doing one continuous story. Betsy is involved, Betsy Braddock, Captain Britain; Thunderbird, who Steve [Orlando]’s done a lot of work with is involved, and also some other fun characters are going to get looped into that; Danni Moonstar, who was just in Realm of X. So very excited to be on that. That will actually, by the end, be the longest single X-Men story I’ve worked on, because if you count the Unlimited pages, it kind of equals out to almost seven issues. So very excited to be on that with Steve, and we’re working with Phil Sevy, who’s the artist of the X-Men Unlimited arc that’s currently running, and Nick Roche, who’s done X-Men Unlimited in the past. So, they’re going to alternate on and off, and we’re going to be on that through the summer.

Steve Foxe about future projects: I actually do have a couple other even mutant related things I haven’t been announced yet. The best way I can tease that, I’ll say blue, and I’ll say purple. And that’s all I can reveal for now.

HE SAID PURPLE!!!!!! Ok I can't read too much into this.

Very excited about the Purple and Blue tease! Immediately I thought a Betsy and Kwannon book. But would be happy also with Kurt And Betsy together in a book again. Elas all of these seems too good to be true.

All in all I’m happy she’ll be around soon and until the summer with Unlimited and hopefully also Dead X-Men. Could she be the second REDACTED core member of that team?
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 01-05-2024 at 02:39 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Thankfully, he just did a podcast interview.
    https://www.comicbookyeti.com/podcas...lks-dead-x-men

Some interesting stuff:

Cryptid Creator Corner Introduces Dead X-Men: We’re at the end of the Krakoan Age and beginning a new era with these two intertwining series The Fall of the House of X and the Rise of the Hours of X and enter the Dead X-Men where the new X-Men candidates, Cannonball, Jubilee, Dazzler, Frenzy, and Prodigy, who were killed by the ultimate Nimrod Power Bomb during the Hellfire Gala. They were recruited by Professor X for a secret mission and bouncing around different key temporal locations and realities past in an attempt to find a solution that just might reverse the fate of Krakoa and things that happened.

Steve Foxe about Dead X-Men: As you’ll see in Rise of Powers of X, Xavier actually recruits a small team himself and that includes Rachel Summers and Rachel’s in charge of this aspect of the mission. So, it’s Rachel who decides these five mutants are the ones who should be doing. So, she’s kind of the sixth dead X-Men even though there’s no dying involved at her path.

This [Dead X-Men] is pretty tightly interwoven with Rise of the Powers of X to the point where you will see exact scenes reflected in both, working so closely with Kieran throughout this has been really amazing. He’s a creator I look up to so much. So, it’s been very surreal these last couple months to be working so closely with him to determine how this is going to fit into Rise of the Powers of X. And he’s been so generous in reflecting plotlines and building things back and forth. I mean, even Rachel’s role in his book ended up changing when I had strong feelings about how I wanted to deploy her here. And as much as every other time I say, you don’t have to read the larger event, you can just read this. You should probably be reading both. These are some big concepts. What I can promise is that you’re going to get very character-focused work in Dead X Man. It’s really about celebrating these five and Rachel. Rachel to a lesser extent because she didn’t get squished by Nimrod. It’s about celebrating these five. It’s about celebrating the Krakoan era and looking back on it.

Steve Foxe about X-Men Infinity Unlimited: Starting in January, we are doing an arc that will actually continue all the way till summer. So rather than doing short stories, we’re actually doing one continuous story. Betsy is involved, Betsy Braddock, Captain Britain; Thunderbird, who Steve [Orlando]’s done a lot of work with is involved, and also some other fun characters are going to get looped into that; Danni Moonstar, who was just in Realm of X. So very excited to be on that. That will actually, by the end, be the longest single X-Men story I’ve worked on, because if you count the Unlimited pages, it kind of equals out to almost seven issues. So very excited to be on that with Steve, and we’re working with Phil Sevy, who’s the artist of the X-Men Unlimited arc that’s currently running, and Nick Roche, who’s done X-Men Unlimited in the past. So, they’re going to alternate on and off, and we’re going to be on that through the summer.

Steve Foxe about future projects: I actually do have a couple other even mutant related things I haven’t been announced yet. The best way I can tease that, I’ll say blue, and I’ll say purple. And that’s all I can reveal for now.
    Thanks for sharing this! I like the sound of a long, continuous story for X-Men Unlimited. And I wonder about that purple tease...

Fantastic interview, thanks Lucky! Steve is always such a delight to listen to and I can't wait for Dead X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Very excited about the Purple and Blue tease! Immediately I thought a Betsy and Kwannon book. But would be happy also with Kurt And Betsy together in a book again. Elas all of these seems too good to be true.

All in all I’m happy she’ll be around soon and until the summer with Unlimited and hopefully also Dead X-Men. Could she be the second REDACTED core member if that team?
    I wondered if it was her too but he mentioned the cover for #3 and her Disassembled costume in a recent interview. So either it's someone else or he doesn't want to confirm that she's the redacted cast member just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Thanks for sharing this! I like the sound of a long, continuous story for X-Men Unlimited. And I wonder about that purple tease...
    Agreed big time with the long X-Men Unlimited story. Now it makes more sense when he said her role grew in the project he was writing her in since it's going to go for so long. That's really exciting! Since it's going to equal about 7 issues there might be a good chance it gets collected in physical.

"Blue and purple." I have my theory but I'm gonna wait before running my mouth lol
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Since he mentioned Thunderbird being involved in the story and he's on the cover of the next issue, theoretically we could be seeing Betsy as soon as Monday!

In this week's FotHoX we saw Emma put out the psychic call when the war started. I think we're going to not only find out where Betsy has been since the gala but also responding to the Sentinels/Orchis trying to apprehend and kill mutants in this story.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Since he mentioned Thunderbird being involved in the story and he's on the cover of the next issue, theoretically we could be seeing Betsy as soon as Monday!

In this week's FotHoX we saw Emma put out the psychic call when the war started. I think we're going to not only find out where Betsy has been since the gala but also responding to the Sentinels/Orchis trying to apprehend and kill mutants in this story.
    That would be my ideal setup for the Unlimited story, basically a "Where Betsy was during Fall of X" and eventually connecting her to present (future?) day on Dead X-Men.

This is so exciting. After months without content, we'll have weekly doses of Betsy. Judging by the covers, we'll see Betsy interacting with Thunderbird, Warpath, Dani, and Shatterstar. And Rictor was also in that AIPT preview.

It's also cool that Dead X-Men and Rise of the Powers of X are so interconnected. I'm hoping that Gillen gets to write Betsy, even if it's just for a page.

And about the teaser, this new project would already be part of the Brevoort era, right? I really hope purple means Betsy then.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    This is so exciting. After months without content, we'll have weekly doses of Betsy. Judging by the covers, we'll see Betsy interacting with Thunderbird, Warpath, Dani, and Shatterstar. And Rictor was also in that AIPT preview.

It's also cool that Dead X-Men and Rise of the Powers of X are so interconnected. I'm hoping that Gillen gets to write Betsy, even if it's just for a page.

And about the teaser, this new project would already be part of the Brevoort era, right? I really hope purple means Betsy then.
    Yeah I'm pretty amazed that the Unlimited story will be such a long arc which is wonderful. This gives Foxe and Orlando so much runway to do a lot of things.

Agreed on the interconnectedness of Dead X-Men and Rise. It's rare for Foxe to say we really should read both books so the prospect of Gillen writing Betsy is very exciting.

I really can't think of anyone else when it comes to "purple" in the mutant world. Unless there's maybe a one-shot that hasn't been announced yet that he's writing then it could very well be for the Brevoort era. Foxe is one of the few writers who hasn't confirmed his exit from the X-office yet.

Ultimate Member

Not sure about the purple part as that would be a bit obvious. As for the blue it could be Kurt, Beast, or Warren...as for Foxe wonder what's happen after he stops writing Betsy and Rachel...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

All in all I’m happy she’ll be around soon and until the summer with Unlimited and hopefully also Dead X-Men. Could she be the second REDACTED core member of that team?
    X:PURPLE/BLUE (wishful)

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fup0WGbXwAss9MW.jpg

Fup0aULXwAU3td5.jpg

As drawn by Colossus during a break from adventuring in the Outback.

Fantastic interview, thanks Lucky! Steve is always such a delight to listen to and I can't wait for Dead X-Men.

I wondered if it was her too but he mentioned the cover for #3 and her Disassembled costume in a recent interview. So either it's someone else or he doesn't want to confirm that she's the redacted cast member just yet.

Agreed big time with the long X-Men Unlimited story. Now it makes more sense when he said her role grew in the project he was writing her in since it's going to go for so long. That's really exciting! Since it's going to equal about 7 issues there might be a good chance it gets collected in physical.

"Blue and purple." I have my theory but I'm gonna wait before running my mouth lol
    While Betsy is the most obvious choice for the redacted member, sometimes the most obvious choice is the one!

What’s interesting to me is the parallel between Rachel sending the Dead X-Men back in time to stop a terrible future from happening and Rachel sending older Kitty back in time to stop a terrible future from happening in Days of Future Past.

On that note, does Rachel still have the power to send someone’s mind back in time into their younger body? Any possibility here that she sends Captain Britain Betsy’s mind back in time into Disassembled Betsy’s body to be their guide? (And therefore, the Betsy aiding the Dead X-Men might, in a way, be both Captain Britain Betsy and Dissassembled Betsy?)

Regarding the purple blue stuff, I would love for that to be a Betsy and Kwannon series, however I don’t think that Kwannon has a particularly established connection with the color blue (even though she’s worn the blue Psylocke costume) for her to be a contender for the purple blue reference. On the other hand, I think his reference to purple in the podcast quite likely refers to Betsy. But if it did turn out to be a Betsy & Kwannon book, I would be thrilled!

Love,
    Kwannon
    Last edited by Kwannon; 01-06-2024 at 02:36 PM.

I hope you all are right that she will be appearing weekly '
    /