Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

I think they were off to a mission in the mutliverse but JB can you confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Never caught they having the same facial expressions and body language in this page. Fun stuff.
    Ha! That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I cant wait for her to show up and an xplanation for what she's at bc its wild so far that with all the stuff going on with the mutants, several X-men being dead that she's MIA. I didnt read her series but did it leave her in Otherworld or was she in England?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I think they were off to a mission in the mutliverse but JB can you confirm?
    Yeah, at the end of the book she got a psychic alert that Violet Swan and Elspeth were captured on Earth-10248. She and Rachel left to rescue them so theoretically they were in another reality when the Hellfire Gala happened and perhaps were stuck there. Hopefully the Steve's tell us what went on during that time in the Unlimited story.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Ha! That's awesome.

Yeah, at the end of the book she got a psychic alert that Violet Swan and Elspeth were captured on Earth-10248. She and Rachel left to rescue them so theoretically they were in another reality when the Hellfire Gala happened and perhaps were stuck there. Hopefully the Steve's tell us what went on during that time in the Unlimited story.
    Thanks! I hope its revealed that Orchis targeted her too and arranged for her to be stuck off world so that she couldnt intervene. That would at least make her relevant to the plot and not ignored by the Big Bads

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thanks! I hope its revealed that Orchis targeted her too and arranged for her to be stuck off world so that she couldnt intervene. That would at least make her relevant to the plot and not ignored by the Big Bads
    My pleasure! I agree. Coven Akkaba had been working directly with Orchis so maybe they did something magically that kept Betsy tied up and away longer than intended.

Im kind of bummed they didnt let another writer to the FoX issues of Betsy's story. I know it takes time to develop but they did have enought cushion to make a one shot at least

Mighty Member

Ok.. I’m ready for Betsy to show up. This week’s books were meh and didn’t do much to push the story along. I’m ready for her return and something new.

IMG_1390.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Ok.. I’m ready for Betsy to show up. This week’s books were meh and didn’t do much to push the story along. I’m ready for her return and something new.

IMG_1390.jpg
    That Yardin commission is so lovely. I had it queued up to post soon haha.

Hopefully she'll be appearing in the Unlimited FoX story soon. She's on the cover of the February 5th issue but Shatterstar is on the cover before it and I think they may be together with Rictor.

By Romina Jones. I love this sooo much.

Hopefully she'll be appearing in the Unlimited FoX story soon. She's on the cover of the February 5th issue but Shatterstar is on the cover before it and I think they may be together with Rictor.

all this is missingis Rogue for the Outback divas

have they posted any new covers after that Betsy one from a few weeks back on marvel unlimited? I cant find the right area that shows the covers.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    have they posted any new covers after that Betsy one from a few weeks back on marvel unlimited? I cant find the right area that shows the covers.
    No not yet, hers is currently the last one shown. https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...comic_2021_125

In the past they've held back covers to not spoil some things. They did that with the Sunfire story, only revealing it shortly before it started.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

That's absolutely stunning. I miss these BFF's hanging out, I'm hoping for some good moments between Betsy and Ali in Dead X-Men at least.

I always feel bad to bump this thread, because I don't bring news about the Butterfly.

I have a question for the more knowledgeable.
    I bumped into this tidbit (I think on Marvel Wikia's pages on any of the Acts of Vengeance issues):
    While Claremont's original story indicated the Hand again hired Mojo and Spiral to alter her mind and appearance (making her a more appropriate representative to the Hong Kong underworld)
    Mojo expresses a similar concept on panel while in the Body Shoppe, so I figure the person writing the quoted line above elaborated on Mojo's own words, but has Claremont ever explicitly further explained/elaborated on that? Did he originally plan only for physical modifications that didn't involve bodyswaps and such? Has he ever said how he meant for the story to unfold? Was the bodyswap his idea or was it forced on him?

I admit I never read the original Lady Mandarin arch until yesterday. It was a captivating story.
    I was just a bit confused about the Ten Rings, though. Betsy plays mind scenarios in which she kills her friends and moulds herself into the ninja the Hand wants. In each scenario she wins a ring until she has the complete set. But I don't understand how she awakens owning the Ten Rings (Rings that he should've owned only in her mind). The Rings should be on the Mandarin's fingers, not in the hands of a Betsy who just left the sensory-deprival tank?
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This recently resurfaced on Cullen Bunn's X:

In 2015, I was asked to take over UNCANNY X-MEN. We all know that yielded the Magneto-led team. My first pitch, however, was a cosmic team with Rachel Summers in charge and a new Captain Britain. My pal @brihurtt even worked up a few concepts. Take a look! #xmen

I heard about the Rachel-led team before and how Cullen wanted to turn Betsy into Captain Britain, but never seen any of the character sketches before. I can't say I like Betsy's hair done like that but the costume looks slick and sexy and could work well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I always feel bad to bump this thread, because I don't bring news about the Butterfly.

I have a question for the more knowledgeable.
    I bumped into this tidbit (I think on Marvel Wikia's pages on any of the Acts of Vengeance issues):

Mojo expresses a similar concept on panel while in the Body Shoppe, so I figure the person writing the quoted line above elaborated on Mojo's own words, but has Claremont ever explicitly further explained/elaborated on that? Did he originally plan only for physical modifications that didn't involve bodyswaps and such? Has he ever said how he meant for the story to unfold? Was the bodyswap his idea or was it forced on him?
    In his original idea it was an illusion or some sort of cosmetic change, not a bodyswap. And it was supposed to be a one and done thing:

"That was almost, in a way, [Jim Lee’s] audition art to take over the series. So it was a self-contained, three-part story, that would lead up to his, you know to his taking over Uncanny and then spinning off into X-Men," Claremont explained. “But … the rationale for it was… We were going to have, as the villain of the piece, the Mandarin. And the Mandarin, being very … China-centric, at a time when China was negotiating with Britain for the hand-back of Hong Kong."

“So the idea of him using an Occidental - pardon me, a pompous phrase - lackey, kind of made no sense. On the other hand, throwing in Mojo, to kind of muck things up, was fun... The whole point of the first issue was to get her to the stage where she comes back as Lady Mandarin," Claremont continued. "And then at the end, when she finally breaks free, in the original concept in my head, the breaking free would be literal. The whole illusion or false face of ‘Asian Betsy’ would shatter, peel off, and she would be back the way she was."

“So - the idea was to put everything back the way we found it, originally. But then, looking at what Jim had created - visually - she looked so cool. 'Heck it, we can fix it later.' I mean, Jim, Jim will be around for three years, and then we’ll get a new artist and we’ll fix it. In the meantime - let’s go with it! And see what happens. See where it leads. Sometimes you have a plan, sometimes you have an inspiration."

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This recently resurfaced on Cullen Bunn's X:

I heard about the Rachel-led team before and how Cullen wanted to turn Betsy into Captain Britain, but never seen any of the character sketches before. I can't say I like Betsy's hair done like that but the costume looks slick and sexy and could work well for me.
    Thanks for posting! I agree about the hair but I like this costume as well. I had seen it before but didn't realize until recently that it was connected to Bunn's original pitch, which I loved.

"Their ship was powered by the Siege Perilous. And they would have encountered alien mutants across the universe. And—of course—Magneto would’ve played a role."
    What almost was.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    In his original idea it was an illusion or some sort of cosmetic change, not a bodyswap. And it was supposed to be a one and done thing:
    Thanks for posting the quotes.

Claremont was then unexpectedly taken off the books before Jim Lee and so the ninja look remained.