Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Never thought I would say it but I wish Thor hadn’t gone back to his old original costume.I had gotten used to the new look he had in recent years.
    It was a great modern Thor costume, no doubt.

Astonishing Member

I remember in one of the pre Simonson issues in 1983, it been stated that Thor hammer is considered holy enough that any normal vampire getting hit by it turn to dust. it was in that 2 parter where he fights Dracula. I read those issues. so Thor should be OP during Blood Hunt.

preview for next week issue.

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/mar...mortal-thor-7/
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 02-22-2024 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I remember in one of the pre Simonson issues in 1983, it been stated that Thor hammer is considered holy enough that any normal vampire getting hit by it turn to dust. it was in that 2 parter where he fights Dracula. I read those issues. so Thor should be OP during Blood Hunt.

Loki in his classic look, very cool.

Oh Thor is getting into some trouble...

Also, I hope Loki ditches this modern look soon. I'm ready for a better Loki costume revamp.

Astonishing Member

Great issue so far, liking the flashback and hilarious on the trials or test that Thor and Loki have to do only to backfire and given a twist. and the ending of the possibility of a Utgard-odin. wow.

Maybe it's symbolic but having Thor be in his classic look in two different timelines is kind of surreal. Like it makes it feel like he hasn't changed at all since then (which I guess was the point?).

Ewing's done a solid job of adding a bit more fantastical and proper prose to the dialogue but this issue had a bit more modern colloquialism and humor (such as the "Asgard's Ass" moment).

Utgard-Loki takes being a trickster or being a God of Mischief even more seriously than regular Loki does.

I wonder what Agger's endgame is here. The "Roxxon Age" stuff seems to imply that he's going try to make his own corporate version of Thor, but how does that relate to coming up with comics based on his exploits?

Also I love how tender Amora looks at Skurge. I don't think they've been in a comic together in decades.

Kind of a deliberate values dissonance moment with all the times Thor smacks Loki.

Amazing Member

Has Gaea begun setting loose the Utgard gods to judge the worthiness of mankind & the Aesir in the current era? Utgard Loki seems malevolent but once he judged Thor, as representative of Asgard, worthy he simply returned them to Asgard with a warning. I think Thor is drawn into this conflict because he is mankind's protector and mankind has not done well by Gaea. Ewing said this series will be a commentary on climate change so Thor will need to stand for man and the current Asgard before his mother and her siblings, the Utgard Gods who are most likely Those Who Sit Above In Shadow.

I didn't really like Cantwell's Thanos book, but it's interesting to note that it spoilers:
    is apparently using the (seemingly) dropped Thanos plot of Cates' Thor run. The gem used to trap Death, the "end of the universe" dialogue, the Thanos returning in 2024 tease, among others!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I didn't really like Cantwell's Thanos book, but it's interesting to note that it spoilers:
    is apparently using the (seemingly) dropped Thanos plot of Cates' Thor run. The gem used to trap Death, the "end of the universe" dialogue, the Thanos returning in 2024 tease, among others!
    end of spoilers
    Wow, that's kind of trippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, that's kind of trippy.
    Indeed. Can't wait for the ramifications of it all...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Astonishing Member

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/mar...mortal-thor-8/

New issue next week. here the preview

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Can't wait for the ramifications of it all...

I wonder when Donny Cates comes back, he might follow up on this in a separate book. Hopefully if working on it is not too much of an issue for him.

The quest to find mom.

Better mom drama than Jason Aaron's run!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Lord Ewing is serving Old Gods mythology epicness!!! And I am LIVING!!! loveloveLOVE! IM08
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!