Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Some of the faces in that preview...yikes.
    Roxxon Thor is now going full slasher villain after the evil face he at the end of the special

Some of the faces in that preview...yikes.
    Yeah.. really not feeling the art at all… it just doesn’t suit this book in the slightest and makes
    the arc feel all over the place with the constant change of artists.

I’d love to see Mike Deodato return to Marvel and do an arc on the book.

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    I think this issue might be my favorite issue of this run thus far. It seems that Ewing isn't just ribbing consumerism but even MCU Thor himself. Thor was struggling not to "banter" his foe here. I really like that a writer remembers that Thor has a "kill no mortal" code. Too many writers treat him like a "caveman with a club". Also, it seems Dario Agger is dead again, that guy has been through a lot these last few years..LOL. Enchantress setting Thor up to take the fall for this is an interesting strategy to say the least. The art was what it was but it grew on me.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Probably one of the more jarring and less than stellar art shifts in the book. Like the art was...serviceable, but some of the faces and paneling left a bit to be desired. I guess fill-ins can't all be winners.

Thor having to fight against being turned into a quipper like he's from the MCU, knowing how the MCU came to characterize Thor as time went along, was pretty cute in a self-aware way. Thor basically fighting becoming a parody of himself and maintain his character integrity. Or not wanting to be written like Aaron Thor again.

Thor taking down everything Thor doesn't represent in Chad Hammer in spectacular fashion was pretty satisfying. I wish we had during the Aaron run and not Jane Foster being the best Thor to ever Thor while Thor...wasn't.

Can't say it's not satisfying seeing Agger with an axe to the back, but it seems like Thor has been framed for double murder. And I guess Amora is in charge of Roxxon now. Not really seeing the endgame.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    Probably one of the more jarring and less than stellar art shifts in the book. Like the art was...serviceable, but some of the faces and paneling left a bit to be desired. I guess fill-ins can't all be winners.

Thor having to fight against being turned into a quipper like he's from the MCU, knowing how the MCU came to characterize Thor as time went along, was pretty cute in a self-aware way. Thor basically fighting becoming a parody of himself and maintain his character integrity. Or not wanting to be written like Aaron Thor again.

Thor taking down everything Thor doesn't represent in Chad Hammer in spectacular fashion was pretty satisfying. I wish we had during the Aaron run and not Jane Foster being the best Thor to ever Thor while Thor...wasn't.

Can't say it's not satisfying seeing Agger with an axe to the back, but it seems like Thor has been framed for double murder. And I guess Amora is in charge of Roxxon now. Not really seeing the endgame.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Funny enough, I didn't make the immediate connection with Aaron's Thor. But yeah, I'm not sure what Amora is trying to do here. It seems she wants to turn the Earth against Thor or something. As you said, I'm not seeing what she hopes to achieve here.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Wow there is some incredible machinations this issue, like spoilers:
    damn Amora and Skurge played Dario hook line and sinker. A no more fitting fate for a worthless minotaur capitalist. XD
    end of spoilers

Very curious the direction where this is going now that spoilers:
    Amora looks to have gained control of Roxxon.
    end of spoilers