Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    July Solicits are out: https://www.thepopverse.com/marvel-c...mates-avengers

IMMORTAL THOR ANNUAL #1
    AL EWING (W)
    BALDEÓN & SARA PICHELLI (A)
    Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
    DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY R.B. SILVA
    VARIANT COVER BY WALTER SIMONSON
    INFINITY WATCH VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE
    "INFINITY WATCH" PART THREE! Faced with the menace of Utgard and a prophecy of his own doom, the son of Odin sought out the legendary Power Stone to aid his fight. Only two things were in his way. Firstly, the mighty CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE – with strength to match Thor's own – was also questing for the stone. Secondly, the Stone is now inside a person – THE PRINCE OF POWER! PLUS, Derek Landy and Sara Pichelli continue the journey of the Death Stone Bearer and the scar it will leave on the universe!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

IMMORTAL THOR #13
    AL EWING (W) • JAN BAZALDUA (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    VARIANT COVER BY WALTER SIMONSON • VARIANT COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS
    DEADPOOL KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE VARIANT COVER BY TODD NAUCK
    WOLVERINE & DEADPOOL WEAPON X-TRACTION VARIANT COVER BY JORGE MOLINA
    ENTER: HERCULES! The son of Zeus sought Thor out – for Toranos' wheel had turned for the Olympians too, and two Gods together might solve such a mystery. The trail took them to a wasteland of snow and ice...to terror and treachery...and to an old foe of Hercules, at the height of her dread power. New series artist JAN BAZALDUA draws the story of the IMMORTAL THOR...and the Night Mother's vengeance.
    PLUS: PART 5 OF DEADPOOL/WOLVERINE: WEAPON X-TRACTION!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

MIGHTY MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE MIGHTY THOR VOL. 4 – WHEN MEET THE IMMORTALS GN-TPB ROMERO COVER
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by JACK KIRBY
    Covers by LEONARDO ROMERO & JACK KIRBY
    Batten down the hatches, set the emergency brake and make sure your fillings aren’t loose because it’s time for not just the first meeting of Marvel gods, but also the first battle between those gods, Thor and Hercules! Universes will tremble as the mighty fists of these two immortals crash down, and you will be thrilled by every moment. This Mighty Marvel Masterworks edition also features the ever-mischievous Loki, everyone’s favorite lunkhead with the always-adaptable power – the Absorbing Man – and the classic “Tales of Asgard” backup feature recounting the myth and legend of Thor’s and the Asgardians’ early days. Collecting JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) #120-125 and ANNUAL (1965) #1, and THOR (1966) #126-127.
    200 PGS./Ages 10-14 …$15.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-95426-0
    Trim size: 6 x 9

I like the cover and it’s great to see Herc back in a Thor book.
    Absolutely gutted that Coccolo is no longer on the book. I thought he would have been on the book for a long time, but he only drew 7 issues. I don’t understand why artists can’t stay on a book for long runs anymore. I think it breaks up the flow of the story the writer is trying to tell. Did Joe Bennett draw all of The Immortal Hulk issues? Anyway, welcome to the new artist. I’ve no idea why her work is like. Will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    Absolutely gutted that Coccolo is no longer on the book. I thought he would have been on the book for a long time, but he only drew 7 issues. I don’t understand why artists can’t stay on a book for long runs anymore. I think it breaks up the flow of the story the writer is trying to tell. Did Joe Bennett draw all of The Immortal Hulk issues? Anyway, welcome to the new artist. I’ve no idea why her work is like. Will have to wait and see.
    Same. Hope it's a Absolute Carnage sort of situation where he'll give us the next big Thor event later this year.

He's still Marvel exclusive, afaik. Maybe he's off doing something...ultimate?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I like the cover and it’s great to see Herc back in a Thor book.
    Hopefully it could be a case of just Bazaldua writing this particular issue, and doing a rotating artist thing where Coccolo draws most of the issues and sometimes they bring in a special guest-star.

Bennet drew the majority of the issues on Immortal Hulk but there were a couple done by different artists.

Ultimate Member

I really don't like multiple artists working on a book.

Coccolo's art is just fantastic. It's unfortunate he's longer working on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I really don't like multiple artists working on a book.

Coccolo's art is just fantastic. It's unfortunate he's longer working on the book.
    I can think of maybe 3-4 artists who can stay on an ongoing indefinitely.

Even Dan Mora needs occasional fill-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Same. Hope it's a Absolute Carnage sort of situation where he'll give us the next big Thor event later this year.

He's still Marvel exclusive, afaik. Maybe he's off doing something...ultimate?
    I hope you are right, but considering it says ‘New series artist’, I’m not sure he will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Hopefully it could be a case of just Bazaldua writing this particular issue, and doing a rotating artist thing where Coccolo draws most of the issues and sometimes they bring in a special guest-star.

Bennet drew the majority of the issues on Immortal Hulk but there were a couple done by different artists.
    That’s the thing. As you say, Bennett drew the majority of the book which was 50 issues. So, I can only assume that he drew at least 80% of that run, which in itself is phenomenal.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Goddess!!! I hate Jan Bazaldua's art with every fibre of my being. That's so disappointing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Amazing Member

Very disappointed that Coccolo is stepping away. But Immortal Thor continues to be good and I look forward to issues 11 - 13 which will deal with the G.O.D.S. tie in from last year, an encounter with Utgard-Odin, a meeting with Hercules and the potential return of Nyx.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Goddess!!! I hate Jan Bazaldua's art with every fibre of my being. That's so disappointing.
    I have no idea about her art, I will have to check it out. A lot of the art that I’ve seen at Marvel these days looks too generic to me, in a cartoony style.
    Maybe I’m wrong, but it just seems that way to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Spire View Post
    Very disappointed that Coccolo is stepping away. But Immortal Thor continues to be good and I look forward to issues 11 - 13 which will deal with the G.O.D.S. tie in from last year, an encounter with Utgard-Odin, a meeting with Hercules and the potential return of Nyx.
    Yes, I’m looking forward to all of that too. I just wished the book had a consistent and regular artist. I really like Ibraim Roberson’s art. Shame he can’t be the permanent artist after Coccolo.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes, I’m looking forward to all of that too. I just wished the book had a consistent and regular artist. I really like Ibraim Roberson’s art. Shame he can’t be the permanent artist after Coccolo.
    Exactatiously. His style was a really good compliment to Coccolo's. I would have loved Yldiray Cinar as well.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post

I can’t believe they have another guest artist on the book. It really breaks up the flow and the quality of the story.
    And it’s definitely not to my taste either. It looks so rushed.

Some of the faces in that preview...yikes.