Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay so it is a separate series as apart of an upcoming story-event, so that means the normal book should still have the good artist.

Also Chad Hammer and that dig against centrism, ha!
    I wonder if the Thor-Truck will be one of those obnoxious, ostentatious, oversized, gargantuan, grotesque, gas guzzling behemoths, but it'll be all electric, or a hybrid. Are trucks like that even popular in the UK?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Sounds more like this is a tongue-in-cheek one shot, similar to the ones we got for Immortal Hulk?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

What did people this of todays issue?

Still debating trade/omnibus-waiting this one.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...ts_thor_2024_1

The solicit is up:
    Roxxon Presents: Thor (2024) #1
    Published: April 17, 2024
    Writer: Al Ewing
    Penciler: Greg Land
    Cover Artist: Greg Land
    From the pages of IMMORTAL THOR - the ROXXON AGE OF COMIXX BEGINS! In his secret identity as A.I. spokesguru CHAD HAMMER, the son of Odin knows Mama Gaea is a TOP PRIORITY for heroes AND for business! But when a group of insane environmental activists take "saving the Earth" TOO FAR, it's time to show them the wisdom on BOTH sides - AS THOR! But WHICH God of Evil is prompting the kids to rebel? Could it be...LOKI, GOD OF EVIL??? Featuring an all-star cast of heroes! MINOTAUR! EXECUTIONER! ENCHANTRESS! And the THOR-TRUCK! This is the story of THE ROXXIN' THOR... and it's a VITAL part of the "ABSOLUTE ABSOLUTION" MEGA-EVENT!
    This looks like a lot of fun! Thor events are always a little silly and vastly different. Love this idea!

I still feel like the “new” Loki is a bit much design-wise. Not really sure what they’re going for.

“I am the Loki that will end you” - Well, maybe with the pure cringe of his younger years. Otherwise I don’t buy it.

Kid Loki cameo!

This pre-humility and younger Thor was handled better than Aaron’s Young Thor in my opinion. Similar sensibilities but Aaron could be so crass and excessive it just came off as too much. We also have a more self-reflective and earnest Thor who emphasizes how much he’s changed.

How long has Loki been waiting for that apology…

Nice to see the sons of Odin on a bit of a bro quest and getting into hijinks.

Loki and Thor aren’t the only ones recounting this story. What does Agger and Enchantress want with Thor’s backstory in comic form?

This latest issue reminded me of a question I've had about Loki. He originally was depicted as having a blond ponytail. Was that part of his headpiece, or did he originally have blond hair?

I only started really following Thor after the book was rebooted with J. Michael Straczynski and Olivier Coipel post-Ragnarok. I don't know if Loki had ever been shown without his helmet before Ragnarok. After Ragnarok, I know he came back in Sif's body, which is why Lady Loki had black hair, and then Loki afterwards had black hair.

Of course, since Loki is a shape-shifter, it doesn't really matter. I'm just curious if he'd always had black hair or if the JMS-relaunch and then the movies changed the default from blond to black.

Last edited by nightw1ng; 01-24-2024 at 05:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

This run is "OK" thus far.

Despite a few issues I had with Cates, I enjoyed Cates run' more than this (seven issues in that is).

That's not to say the run is bad but I am not fully invested yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This run is "OK" thus far.

Despite a few issues I had with Cates, I enjoyed Cates run' more than this (seven issues in that is).

That's not to say the run is bad but I am not fully invested yet.
    This is the best Thor's been written character-wise in a really long time in my opinion.

I wonder if Ewing is getting a little too caught in being clever and mythological.

Also I think Ewing is a little too in love with his take on Loki.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is the best Thor's been written character-wise in a really long time in my opinion.

I wonder if Ewing is getting a little too caught in being clever and mythological.

Also I think Ewing is a little too in love with his take on Loki.
    Character-wise, I agree but as a complete arc, I enjoyed Cates a lot more.

Ewing (going by his Loki stuff) is going to go deep into the "gods are stories, legends etc" route which can be interesting but also a little frustrating.

I'm not going to judge yet but I suspect that's where Ewing is going with this.

I missed why they made Loki into a female, and then into the kid and even the image on the left of that page--"TV/movie Loki". Why did Marvel do that?

I like Loki's classic look.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    What did people this of todays issue?

Still debating trade/omnibus-waiting this one.
    For me, this was perfection beyond perfection. 10/10. It gave me everything I wanted from a comic book.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like Loki's classic look.
    Same here. Simonson's version is a personal favorite, though...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Just going to say...and in spite of my Signature...anything with Greg Land on it is an absolute "no buy".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Just going to say...and in spite of my Signature...anything with Greg Land on it is an absolute "no buy".
    come one Dev, you know it's gonna be funny as hell! It HAS to be on purpose especially given what Ewing is doing with his meta take because of course Dario Agger would hire Land for his Thor comic.