Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really not feeling this Loki design.

"I am the Loki that will kill you" - Yeah, just not getting that vibe.
    Why is Loki so often described as being Thor’s half-brother? There’s no actual blood connection is there? Of has this been retconned and it appears Odin was spreading the love more than we thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Why is Loki so often described as being Thor’s half-brother? There’s no actual blood connection is there? Of has this been retconned and it appears Odin was spreading the love more than we thought?
    As far as I know, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Does BR Bill have his own special weapon again?
    Is Mjolnir fully Thor's, now? No tugging away to other folks, no arbitrary heaviness/can't-lift antics? Is that completely done?

Was Donald Blake ever cited in any professional medical journals in academia? Any procedures or research that he became known for?
    Lol, it's never done. No one at Marvel knows how to do anything else but take Thor's powers, weapons and name away from him, rinse and repeat. There are no other stories!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Man what dirt does Greg Land have on Marvel editors

Greg Land kills any excitement I could have had.

Ultimate Member

Greg Land is still at Marvel?

Interesting.

He's pretty up there in age (I believe he's near 70?), good on him for still getting work. Although, I'm not really a fan of his recent work.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    It's been several years since I looked and paid attention to Thor comics, why are there two Lokis in the image?

Are there two different Lokis these days?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Hopefully Land only draws the ****ty Thor

Which that would be funny cause of how perfectly fitting to have a ****ty cheap artist drawing the cheap corporate swill

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Hopefully Land only draws the ****ty Thor

Which that would be funny cause of how perfectly fitting to have a ****ty cheap artist drawing the cheap corporate swill
    it must be, right!?

I mean the whole book seems so meta, I can imagine Ewing taking the piss.

Seems like Ewing is going back at his meta critic of how Marvel and Marvel readers hate change and always want to go back to how things were when they started reading comics.
    I'm definitely on his side here, but the fact he'll likely be using Jane to make his point will let a bad taste in my mouth. Aaron really soured me on the character with his lack of subtility.
    It would be great if, instead of using Jane as a counterpoint to "Valkyrie of old", he re-introduced Dani Moonstar in the asgardian mythos. It's not like the X-office has big plans for her besides being a glorified babysitter.

Also I wish Ewing did that kind of story during his time with the X-books, instead of wanking one of the Not New Not Different X-Men while sidelining other characters like Sunspot, Armor, Nova or Wiz Kid.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 01-24-2024 at 03:48 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Huh I'm now thinking the appearance of Brunnhilde and Heimdall on Roxxon's side is a critique of bringing back dead/heavily changed characters and watering them down in the process to keep using them/keeping them as they originally are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    It's been several years since I looked and paid attention to Thor comics, why are there two Lokis in the image?

Are there two different Lokis these days?
    There's two Thors there as well. "Roxxon Presents Thor" is probably an issue showing us what the Thor comics look like in-universe under Roxxon ownership.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...ts_thor_2024_1

The solicit is up:
    Roxxon Presents: Thor (2024) #1
    Published: April 17, 2024
    Writer: Al Ewing
    Penciler: Greg Land
    Cover Artist: Greg Land
    From the pages of IMMORTAL THOR - the ROXXON AGE OF COMIXX BEGINS! In his secret identity as A.I. spokesguru CHAD HAMMER, the son of Odin knows Mama Gaea is a TOP PRIORITY for heroes AND for business! But when a group of insane environmental activists take "saving the Earth" TOO FAR, it's time to show them the wisdom on BOTH sides - AS THOR! But WHICH God of Evil is prompting the kids to rebel? Could it be...LOKI, GOD OF EVIL??? Featuring an all-star cast of heroes! MINOTAUR! EXECUTIONER! ENCHANTRESS! And the THOR-TRUCK! This is the story of THE ROXXIN' THOR... and it's a VITAL part of the "ABSOLUTE ABSOLUTION" MEGA-EVENT!

Okay so it is a separate series as apart of an upcoming story-event, so that means the normal book should still have the good artist.

Also Chad Hammer and that dig against centrism, ha!