Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1078
    Niffleheim

Rabble was brutal and loved the happy ending but I think I'm done with Spider-Men, Shift was the only bright spot in the whole issue, I always forget how much I hate Humberto Ramos' art.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Rabble was brutal and loved the happy ending but I think I'm done with Spider-Men, Shift was the only bright spot in the whole issue, I always forget how much I hate Humberto Ramos' art.
    Yeah i know what you mean, I don't mind when there inside the suit and the action looks fine,but man oh man the way he draws faces is wonky, But i don't think im done with it yet, especially if Weismann keeps using Miles characters in it

Niffleheim

The way he draws makes his characters look like they are melting.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

All-New Member

The way he draws makes his characters look like they are melting.
    RCO016_1713338573.jpg

Can't disagree unfortunately

The black and white sequence was kind of on the nose but I didn't hate it. The resolution will probably make Rabble crazier though.

I'm kind of surprised how much they seem to be committing to Shift. I wonder if more people are emotionally invested in him than I am.

Miles felt more like the lead character in Spider-Men.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrookcodileX View Post
    RCO016_1713338573.jpg

Can't disagree unfortunately
    lol that panel was literally the one that came to mind when yall mentioned his art this issue. He's just so inconsistent, i can dig that kind of face if it was some crazy villain dude freaking out or something of the sort, but that's literally supposed to be the face a normal dude makes when he walks into a cafe and sees the girl he likes, i mean c'mon lmao. It's been a good while since i've been following a Ramos book, so the first issue made me feel like he had mellowed out on his over-expressive weird-ass character designs, but this issue 2...yeesh

EDIT: Still take him over current Romita Jr. any day of the week

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The black and white sequence was kind of on the nose but I didn't hate it. The resolution will probably make Rabble crazier though.

I'm kind of surprised how much they seem to be committing to Shift. I wonder if more people are emotionally invested in him than I am.
    I thought the death fake out was pretty weak. But on that note, you don't think a redemption for Rabble is coming? Its like they purposefully made it so she didn't cross that line, even with a potentially disposable character.

Fantastic Member

@Frontier

I really liked it, i think cody is usually pretty discreet with the references unless you're a hardcore internet fan. I think this was the most overtly ''Shonen-Man'' thing he did, and all in all it felt fresh, creative if still a lil gimmicky(as in, that was cool, bet let's keep it a one-off)

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyHarpoon View Post
    I thought the death fake out was pretty weak. But on that note, you don't think a redemption for Rabble is coming? Its like they purposefully made it so she didn't cross that line, even with a potentially disposable character.
    I'm honestly not sure at this point. spoilers:
    Those panels where she brokenly asks Miles why he took her gift away from her over and over again makes me think that her personal vendetta may have actually gotten worse if you could believe that
    end of spoilers
    But once again another banger issue from Ziglar & Vicentini IMO.

Read Spectacular Spider-Men #2 and liked the plot build up and the banter between Miles and Peter.
    So far with the series feels like a Saturday morning cartoon I would absolutely sit too close to the tv to watch as a kid. Not a surprise considering who's writing it.
    Art wise, I grew up seeing Ramos' style so I generally have a soft spot for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I'm honestly not sure at this point. spoilers:
    Those panels where she brokenly asks Miles why he took her gift away from her over and over again makes me think that her personal vendetta may have actually gotten worse if you could believe that
    end of spoilers

Read Spectacular Spider-Men #2 and liked the plot build up and the banter between Miles and Peter.
    So far with the series feels like a Saturday morning cartoon I would absolutely sit too close to the tv to watch. Not a surprise considering who's writing it.
    Art wise, I grew up seeing Ramos' style so I generally have a soft spot for it.
    I'm kind of curious if this is how Weisman would've used Miles had he introduced him in Spectacular.

The issue was good, the art was great as usual and the conclusion to the Rabble arc felt fitting.

I'm also surprised agent Gao got away, I don't know what she's supposed to be able to accomplish without someone backing her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I am too, I don't dislike him as much as I initially did but it feels a lot of work needs to be put in for the character to be more realized. He needs time to be even able to walk down the street normally, and then a real name and a new costume.

Though we could potentially get more development and a team up with Peter's clones since they were both last seen in the Manhattan sewers in the recent Web of Spider-Man book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    The issue was good, the art was great as usual and the conclusion to the Rabble arc felt fitting.

I'm also surprised agent Gao got away, I don't know what she's supposed to be able to accomplish without someone backing her up.
    If I head to guess from reading the solicitation for Deadpool #3 (which Ziglar is also writing) Gao may be starting her own mercenary business like how Taskmaster suggested to her in issue #18.

Also anybody else find it incredibly satisfyingly on seeing her get knocked upside the head the past two issues? Oh sweet karma that put a smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    If I head to guess from reading the solicitation for Deadpool #3 (which Ziglar is also writing) Gao may be starting her own mercenary business like how Taskmaster suggested to her in issue #18.

Also anybody else find it incredibly satisfyingly on seeing her get knocked upside the head the past two issues? Oh sweet karma that put a smile on my face.
    Never expected to be rooting for Scorpion in a Spider-Man comic.

I wonder if Gao is going to try to re-form a more explicit Sinister Six-esque team to take Miles out.

Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

Yeah, miles issue was lit.

And I agree spider-men isn’t for me either

I think I would prefer it if it was an animated series.

I just noticed the tribute to Toriyama at the bottom

This issue actually feels like it could have been a pretty good tribute considering it basically turns in to a manga when Miles' vision is messed up.