Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post
    Hoping they get Ziggler to re-sign for another year or two if possible. He is rocking it, and while there are few slight issues where momentum hit a snag for the book, he has been the best so far. I fear if he leaves, who know what the next take will be on Miles and of course stupid Marvel will start up yet another #1.
    Hell this Gang War arc has basically been a Tie-In in name only, which is what I'm really impressed by. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So timeline wise, the Giant-Size issue is actually set between issues #12 and #13. Guessing this book got delayed behind the scenes. And again, as for the Speculation that Ziglar's run is winding down;

Call me skeptical but that doesn't read like he's finishing soon.
    There was definitely some kind of delay spoilers:
    the on page Rabble reveal and the focused spider sense being revealed in both books on the same day doesn't feel intentional. Especially because we only got to see what Miles sees in Giant-Size.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    To add to this, the web of spiderman book that's like a preview of upcoming stories mentioned the miles book and while it could mean a different writer, I don't see marvel kicking off ziglar so soon.

Also on Twitter, Ziglar responded to someone who posted the panel of future miles talking about black obsidian and other villians, apparently Zip Zephry is coming in issue #17 according to ziglar himself.
    Guess I was wrong about Gust being a rework; but I'm kinda glad I was she seems really nice and reasonable, and after today's issue where she says spoilers:
    she wants to be team Spidey,
    end of spoilers I can't imagine what it would've taken to make her legitimately evil.

Giant-Size definitely seems like it should've or was supposed to release earlier. Overall, it was decent. The art and the action scenes were great. spoilers:
    It was interesting seeing Miles using both gold and blue colors for his venom powers. It's hard to tell if that's suppose to mean anything considering how inconsistent it can be. Although it's been pretty consistent in his own book recently.
    end of spoilers

#15 mostly felt like setup for the final showdown next issue, but it was still good. spoilers:
    Miles' reaction to Kamala being back was cute. And Hobgoblin and Rabble's interactions were surprisingly kind of wholesome.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Read #15 and i agree with XenobladerX, it was mostly a setup issue but I still enjoyed it a lot. spoilers:
    Between the amount of variant covers he has with Gwen or the interaction with Kamala this issue, Miles isn't beating the having a work wife allegations lol. I like Tiana more than a lot of you guys but I must say every time Miles and Kamala interact it touches my Kamiles soul. I like the parallel of Miles and Raneem both panicking about their eventual reunion and how both had people helping them. Raneem and Hobgoblin's relationship is more interesting than I thought it would be, it seems like he's kind of her mentor in a sense and their interactions were more enduring than I thought. He seems like he isn't just using her and possibly making her his protege? Gust continues to be too pure for this and I like her and Scorpion's big brother little sibling relationship that seems to be forming.
    end of spoilers Overall good issue and exciting to see the conclusion, sidenote this issue still doesn't give us a clue on the traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Giant-Size definitely seems like it should've or was supposed to release earlier. Overall, it was decent. The art and the action scenes were great. spoilers:
    It was interesting seeing Miles using both gold and blue colors for his venom powers. It's hard to tell if that's suppose to mean anything considering how inconsistent it can be. Although it's been pretty consistent in his own book recently.
    end of spoilers

#15 mostly felt like setup for the final showdown next issue, but it was still good. spoilers:
    Miles' reaction to Kamala being back was cute. And Hobgoblin and Rabble's interactions were surprisingly kind of wholesome.
    end of spoilers
    The art really was great, Coello does great work and I can't wait to see his What If variant for issue 300.

spoilers:
    And the Miles and Kamala talk was cute though I wish it could've happened during a more personal moment. Maybe we'll get something at a later time.
    end of spoilers

Read #15 and i agree with XenobladerX, it was mostly a setup issue but I still enjoyed it a lot. spoilers:
    Between the amount of variant covers he has with Gwen or the interaction with Kamala this issue, Miles isn't beating the having a work wife allegations lol. I like Tiana more than a lot of you guys but I must say every time Miles and Kamala interact it touches my Kamiles soul. I like the parallel of Miles and Raneem both panicking about their eventual reunion and how both had people helping them. Raneem and Hobgoblin's relationship is more interesting than I thought it would be, it seems like he's kind of her mentor in a sense and their interactions were more enduring than I thought. He seems like he isn't just using her and possibly making her his protege? Gust continues to be too pure for this and I like her and Scorpion's big brother little sibling relationship that seems to be forming.
    end of spoilers Overall good issue and exciting to see the conclusion, sidenote this issue still doesn't give us a clue on the traitor.
    spoilers:
    Absolutely never beating the work wife allegations, it's especially crazy since Tiana is also a work wife. The Miles and Raneem parallels are really well done, you can feel the two ramping themselves up for their showdown. And who could've guessed Hobgoblin of all people could be so supportive?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dragonick; 01-10-2024 at 03:16 PM.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

spoilers:
    Sooo is Miles spider sense so good it can detect Venom? It wasn’t directly addressed in the book but Venom triggers his Spider-Sense multiple times. And I agree with others that this maybe was supposed to release earlier as Dylan and the symbiote are still arguing about killing
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    spoilers:
    Sooo is Miles spider sense so good it can detect Venom? It wasn’t directly addressed in the book but Venom triggers his Spider-Sense multiple times. And I agree with others that this maybe was supposed to release earlier as Dylan and the symbiote are still arguing about killing
    end of spoilers
    Isn't the lore with Peter was because he was the original host of Venom Symbiote it (and the descendents) are immune to Peter's spider sense specifically?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I really liked this scene here. I got magic swordsman/battlemage vibes from Miles.

It'd be badass if, when he gets more used to his powers, we could see him wielding his venom saber in his right hand and 'casting' venom blasts from his left.

I really liked this scene here. I got magic swordsman/battlemage vibes from Miles.

It'd be badass if, when he gets more used to his powers, we could see him wielding his venom saber in his right hand and 'casting' venom blasts from his left.
    Since the venom saber is partially inspired from kuwabara, I'm waiting for miles to dual wield sabers once and never do it again

Also am I crazy or has this run been talked significantly more than Ahmed's run? I feel like every few issues something causes this run to get attention. Other than the clone saga announcement and the new costume, I feel like Ahmed's run was barely talked about on social media.

Since the venom saber is partially inspired from kuwabara, I'm waiting for miles to dual wield sabers once and never do it again

Also am I crazy or has this run been talked significantly more than Ahmed's run? I feel like every few issues something causes this run to get attention. Other than the clone saga announcement and the new costume, I feel like Ahmed's run was barely talked about on social media.
    Yeah, I'm guessing a part of that is thanks to all the anime references and Easter eggs Cody Ziglar has been putting into his run. Seems readers love to spot them then post online to what anime a particular scene is alluding to. And Ziglar loves showing off the concepts of art and the script while comparing them to the anime scenes that inspired them..

there one thing that threw me off about the Venom and Miles fight is that when Venom said that they made their peace with the other Spider-man. My only rebuttal is that Peter hasn't met or doesn't even know that Dylan now wears the suit. Wonder if the symbiote is talking about his promise when he was with Eddie? Overall it was a cool team up/ fight and Overall Venom is over Spider-man doesnt matter which one
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'd love that battle mage/magic swordsman is one of my favorite character types, it'd also be a good way to differentiate the gold and blue venom.

You're definitely right, and it's likely due to the reasons Grimm911 listed. Especially because Ziglar shares so much stuff online, besides announcing when the latest issue dropped I don't really remember Ahmed having much of an online presence. Which is kinda funny considering Ziglar has his Twitter set to private.

I really didn't like Giant Sized. I mean Miles is fine and the art is good, but Venom is SERIOUSLY mischaracterized here. Compare him now to over in his own series. The fight looked cool, but there really isn't a reason for it. Dylan hasn't had an issue with controlling the symbiote in quite awhile. And both of them know better than to start a fight with Spider-Man.

Also putting in an old issue of Ultimate that literally doesn't matter anymore is just shameless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I'd love that battle mage/magic swordsman is one of my favorite character types, it'd also be a good way to differentiate the gold and blue venom.

You're definitely right, and it's likely due to the reasons Grimm911 listed. Especially because Ziglar shares so much stuff online, besides announcing when the latest issue dropped I don't really remember Ahmed having much of an online presence. Which is kinda funny considering Ziglar has his Twitter set to private.
    I think both of you guys are right and that the teases Ziglar post online help. He also gives a little behind the scenes things sometimes as well. On one hand I like the fan interaction/teases that come with a online presence but I don't begrudge creators like Ahmed for not being on Twitter its a hellhole lol.

Before last issue I was okay if hobgoblin gets resolved and doesn't appear after gang war but his mentor type relationship with rabble has made me reconsider that. Would you guys want to see hobgoblin come back after this arc?

I think both of you guys are right and that the teases Ziglar post online help. He also gives a little behind the scenes things sometimes as well. On one hand I like the fan interaction/teases that come with a online presence but I don't begrudge creators like Ahmed for not being on Twitter its a hellhole lol.

Before last issue I was okay if hobgoblin gets resolved and doesn't appear after gang war but his mentor type relationship with rabble has made me reconsider that. Would you guys want to see hobgoblin come back after this arc?
    I absolutely can't blame Ahmed for not being on Twitter much, just the comics side alone makes it not worth it.

I don't think the Hobgoblin problem will be dealt with anytime soon. We just got outright confirmation that he's going after Queen Goblin so there's no way Miles won't be getting involved in that eventual confrontation. Odds are Rabble gets defeated in the end and Hobgoblin makes his escape in the chaos of whatever that defeat entails, he might be doing a little mentoring for Rabble but he's still going to look after himself first.

Also I've got no idea who the traitor is. None of the people going with Miles to confront Rabble make sense as traitors, and besides maybe Tiana none of the others make sense either. Unless there is someone we haven't seen yet waiting with Rabble and Hobgoblin I can't even begin to guess. Plus what would the betrayal even entail? Beyond Rabble's initial attack on Miles and his family there hasn't been any massive blow done to him, so the traitor probably will reveal themselves by attacking Miles or one of his allies.