Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

How would you guys feel if miles actually went through with killing Raheem?

I personally wouldn’t mind it as long the repercussions don’t don’t change him too much.

I hope they play it along the lines of him using killing intent as a last resort.
    Last edited by FlyingShadow; 03-27-2024 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I think I can kind of see why Marvel might have wanted to be a little secretive with this issue.

Miles is something else
    Yeah you weren't kidding, this issue was insane.

The art and story were both amazing. We even got some great character work with Rabble that I really enjoyed.

spoilers:
    We even got Snatcher back and I think that the addition of increasing his strength when he's in the presence of adults does a lot for his character. I wouldn't call him a top tier villain, but now I don't find him as lame as I did before. His costume still sucks though.

I don't think Miles will kill Rabble but I do think that she'll end up in a coma.

I really only have two complaints about the issue. The first is that the solicits spoiled the suspense of Shift's potential death. And that Lana still didn't get to appear, I mean come on Snatcher getting to come back before Lana feels like a crime.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    spoilers:
    I really only have two complaints about the issue. The first is that the solicits spoiled the suspense of Shift's potential death. And that Lana still didn't get to appear, I mean come on Snatcher getting to come back before Lana feels like a crime.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is the only "problem" I had with the issue. As cool as it was to see Rhino's friendship with Miles continuing and him showing up to help out was, it just makes Lana's exclusion from Miles' stories much more noticeable. Like, Rhino can just casually pop in for a team-up, but one of Miles' oldest friends can't? It's very strange.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShadow View Post
    Yeah Miles Maxed-power looks so lit!!

Spoiler.
    Attachment 138525

I also believe that in the next issue miles will have no choice but to kill Raheem.

Because she truly is unstable.
    i doubt he will but hopefully she and goa stay down for a long time. Miles finally unlocked his Super Saiyan form
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i doubt he will but hopefully she’s gonna stay down for a long time. Miles finally unlocked his Super Saiyan form
    I don’t know it seems like she’s trying to push him to that point.

Yeah and it was dope!

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    spoilers:
    This is the only "problem" I had with the issue. As cool as it was to see Rhino's friendship with Miles continuing and him showing up to help out was, it just makes Lana's exclusion from Miles' stories much more noticeable. Like, Rhino can just casually pop in for a team-up, but one of Miles' oldest friends can't? It's very strange.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    At this point it needs to be an actual plot point or an arc because it makes no sense. How'd they even get in contact with Rhino?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    At this point it needs to be an actual plot point or an arc because it makes no sense. How'd they even get in contact with Rhino?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I guess Rhino just happened to walk into the bar before Aaron left lol
    end of spoilers

Niffleheim

Raneem/Rabble is one psycho character goading to be killed. How the hell is Miles supposed to deal with this mental case?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Raneem/Rabble is one psycho character goading to be killed. How the hell is Miles supposed to deal with this mental case?
    That’s what I’m saying.

This tweet got me weak because of how true it is.

https://x.com/chuloaa/status/1773154...ejtfojs5lyF73A

I don’t understand why Spider-Man twitter is in an uproar about mile’s maxed power.

Didn’t Cody say he was going to show us what a full power venom blast enhanced punch looked like in this issue?!

I don’t understand why Spider-Man twitter is in an uproar about mile’s maxed power.

Didn’t Cody say he was going to show us what a full power venom blast enhanced punch looked like in this issue?!
    I can almost guarantee you that the people complaining don't actually read the book, they're just reacting to the reveal without any form of context. Also Spider-Man Twitter, just like the rest of comics Twitter, is kind of a dump.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

I haven't read the issue yet but I've seen the screenshots and discourse and it seems people just think miles gets new power-ups and wins fights, these people don't read the actual book just the screenshots posted on Twitter. Ironically those people also think comics should be like manga (specifically shonen) where that's what literally happens lol.
    Its funny, when ATSV came out last year people were glazing up that miles for redefining what it means to be Spider-Man and going against tradition or game miles for completely upping his powers in Spider-Man 2(hell even his stand-alone game)but when comic miles gets a sword or experiments with his powers its suddenly "not very spider-man or spider like". I understand if you don't like the sword or his new form but saying it's not spider like is where I get lost. He isn't even the first spider person to have electricity powers and let's not pretend spider sense which ranges from immediate danger recognition to telepathy depending on who's writing is something spiders can do.

I also think some Peter fans think that Marvel using Miles to try to diminish or replace Peter by having Miles do all this cool stuff, You add all this stuff up and you get outrage when miles does something cool with his powers in the comics. You just gotta learn to tune these things out because this happens every few months especially with this run.

Edit: Dragonick just explained it better than I did with less words lol

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I can almost guarantee you that the people complaining don't actually read the book, they're just reacting to the reveal without any form of context. Also Spider-Man Twitter, just like the rest of comics Twitter, is kind of a dump.
    Twitter was always a dump in general, but it got worse over the last year-and-a-half . . . for reasons that should be clear enough to anyone paying attention.

As for this, I'll cop to loving the upgraded looks for Gao and the Capekillers, though I'm hoping her getting double-crossed and jacked by Rabble along with her Capekiller Squad is enough for her to finally learn her damned lesson or at least pay some kind of serious price for how out of line she's been acting in her fixation on nailing Miles. On topic of Miles getting his own anime-style "power-up transformation," it makes sense to me as him using his bioelectricity to boost his strength and speed by supercharging the motor neurons in his muscles, which I will admit I got from Electro doing the same thing in the latest ASM to break free of Peter's webbing. Oh, and one more thing . . . after this . . . Rabble better go down hard for what she pulled here, and I don't mean that in the fun way, either.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah you’re right about that.