Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Is he giving her a suplex??

I always love seeing superheroes use legit fighting/wrestling moves.

I guess that training from Misty is paying off.
    Also a lot of characters in anime pull out the suplex .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    From issue #16. Miles isn't playing around
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Is he giving her a suplex??

I always love seeing superheroes use legit fighting/wrestling moves.

I guess that training from Misty is paying off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    I think an underrated aspect of being a superhero comic writer is writing action scenes. Obviously the artist is the one who does 90% of the work during those scenes but being able to know what would look cool is a skill. Ziglar seems to have it and him using manga action panels as artist reference is proof of that. Vicentini continues to cook though.
    Also funny he posted this when we were just talking about him posting teases of social media
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also a lot of characters in anime pull out the suplex .
    It's so common there's even a trope for that . . . "Wrestler in All of Us."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Influenced by Jujutsu Kaisen, when Todo suplexed Megumi

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2D6bQOptDe/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Wow, awesome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

cmon miles copy yuji black flash next
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I pray not... Peter needs to actually shown to be, ya know... competent. I like Miles, but Peter should really be shown in a far better light right now.
    Seeing peter fans saying this is ridiculous, statement makes no sense. Y'all being Insecure Miles is better written makes y'all absurd. Peter being competent has nothing to do with Miles, cry about that somewhere else.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    Seeing peter fans saying this is ridiculous, statement makes no sense. Y'all being Insecure Miles is better written makes y'all absurd. Peter being competent has nothing to do with Miles, cry about that somewhere else.
    Nah, I think I'll 'cry' about that here, thank you very much... I'm happy Miles is getting his shine, but when they have their team-up book, I want them on equal footing, not a repeat of Zeb Wells Peter.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Nah, I think I'll 'cry' about that here, thank you very much... I'm happy Miles is getting his shine, but when they have their team-up book, I want them on equal footing, not a repeat of Zeb Wells Peter.
    Who cares, Miles writing has nothing to do with peters.

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    Who cares, Miles writing has nothing to do with peters.
    Well, admittedly we're talking about a book with both of them together.

Fantastic Member

Well, admittedly we're talking about a book with both of them together.
    You know that dude just comes on here to stirr up animosity towards any critique or comparison made to Miles in relation to Peter in the most confrontational way possible. I'd rather not entertain his barbed comments and engage when there are grounds for a reasonable conversation.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    You know that dude just comes on here to stirr up animosity towards any critique or comparison made to Miles in relation to Peter in the most confrontational way possible. I'd rather not entertain his barbed comments and engage when there are grounds for a reasonable conversation.
    No, y'all just want bias thoughts on Miles to go unchecked, not going to happen.

I think it's interesting that Miles has more Superhero friends than civilian friends (only really like Ganke, Judge, Barbara on a good day, maybe like one or two incidentals) though that's probably a byproduct of Superhero narratives recently focusing more on the hero side than the civilian side.

To be fair, that's mainly because of Miles's time on the Champions - he already knew Kamala and Sam from the Avengers, but the others, except for Bombshell and Starling, he only knows because Kamala had the idea to create her own team of peers.

Peter never had that, Marvel didn't have a Teen Titans style book at all until 1989 when New Warriors was launched. He never joined the Avengers until the 90s either. So of course he has more friends as Peter than as Spidey.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

I think it's interesting that Miles has more Superhero friends than civilian friends (only really like Ganke, Judge, Barbara on a good day, maybe like one or two incidentals) though that's probably a byproduct of Superhero narratives recently focusing more on the hero side than the civilian side.
    Yep! that can be said about most superheroes and superhero groups in general where they're interacting with their tribe than ordinary ppl.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To be fair, that's mainly because of Miles's time on the Champions - he already knew Kamala and Sam from the Avengers, but the others, except for Bombshell and Starling, he only knows because Kamala had the idea to create her own team of peers.

Peter never had that, Marvel didn't have a Teen Titans style book at all until 1989 when New Warriors was launched. He never joined the Avengers until the 90s either. So of course he has more friends as Peter than as Spidey.
    Which is funny when they invert it for the last few Spider-Man shows.