Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    In an irony, I saw James Gunn wants Miller and Lord to helm a DCU project.
    Yeah, I saw that too.

And they technically can since beyond the Spider-Verse is mile’s last story from them.

Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    I need to see Miles and Kamala interact in other mediums, I desperately need to see that.
    lol that would be cool.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    The second cover is sick but I think the collage cover is still my favorite.

It's kinda weird that issue 300 releases next month and we still don't know all the artists working on it or even all that much about the issue itself. I'm assuming they'll ramp up promotion for it towards the beginning of March to tell us more
    I am expecting that something major is going to happen in #300. Something major enough that they are being very coy about revealing any information. The description for #19 seems to imply some serious drama is going down. And unlike Amazing, I fully expect Cody to deliver.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    I am expecting that something major is going to happen in #300. Something major enough that they are being very coy about revealing any information. The description for #19 seems to imply some serious drama is going down. And unlike Amazing, I fully expect Cody to deliver.
    ngl, the ''traitor'' reveal sucked monkey butt, but at least it was just some random issue, even if it did close out the hobgoblin arc. Now i admit i have sturdy hopes 300# is going to give us some real significant development, if we're lucky, one that stands as one of Miles' more iconic moments, if not, at least a memorable one that's fun to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    ngl, the ''traitor'' reveal sucked monkey butt, but at least it was just some random issue, even if it did close out the hobgoblin arc. Now i admit i have sturdy hopes 300# is going to give us some real significant development, if we're lucky, one that stands as one of Miles' more iconic moments, if not, at least a memorable one that's fun to read.
    Rabble doing something really bad to Miles or his friends/family is the most likely, if not guaranteed, thing we see in that issue, right?

On another note, as I said before, I really really hope that for this #300 issue, the New Ultimates and/or Bombshell make a glorius return

Astonishing Member

THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MEN #3
    GREG WEISMAN (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C) • VARIANT COVER BY DERRICK CHEW
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA • HOMAGE VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • Love is in the air at the Empire State University Coffee Bean as Miles Morales and Kamala Khan get their first date alongside Peter Parker
    and – GWEN STACY?!
    • You aren't going to believe this issue of the best new book of 2024.
    32 PGS./RATED T …$3.99
    MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #20
    CODY ZIGLAR (W) • FEDERICO VICENTINI (A/C) • VARIANT COVER BY GORAN PAVLOV
    Miles Morales, A.K.A. SPIDER-MAN, faces his greatest challenge yet – BABY SITTING HIS LITTLE SISTER BILLIE! But wasn't he supposed to fight
    crime with Shift? Oh, and there was a thing with Ms. Marvel! Oh no! He forgot to call Ganke back! And he's an hour late to meet Starling?! Miles'
    world is spinning, and he has no idea that it's all about to get turned upside down!
    32 PGS./RATED T …$3.99
    Excuse me, did I miss something?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    LOL, maybe it's a cheeky way of saying they met up to hang out for the first time since she came back? If they just spoiled a future break-up of Miles and Ti that would be pretty sloppy, although i've always been a lowkey Kamala/Miles supporter as well so i wouldn't get too broken up about it, all things considered.

Hold the hell up what???
    Did I miss a couple of issues or is this a completely different canon/else world comic?
    C.B and his merry band of reject can never let the past rest in peace unfortunately & miles & Kamala??? Where the hell did that come from and now after all these years he is finally in college….im calling horse sh!t on this run.

Astonishing Member

Maybe it's fake out? Some sort of bait.
    I mean, it was expected that Miles and Ti wouldn't last long, but mostly because they put Gwen in 616. Kamala, on the other hand, well... Why can't they just be friends?

Niffleheim

It's definitely a fake out. Kamala's brother Amir directly while Kamala indirectly told Bruno that they can never be more than friends so I don't see this ever happening.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Willing to bet that in Spectacular Spider-Men #3, Miles and Kamala are pretending to be on a "date" in order to help keep an eye on Gwen Stacy (most likely another clone from the Jackal) without raising suspicions and act as back up for Peter when #@$# inevitably hits the fan.

I'm not adverse to Miles and Kamala getting together, but it feels like editorial in the past made sure to keep them as just friends. Most likely because the two had their own separate solo titles at the time and they didn't want to risk any missteps in synergizing their continuity. Not sure if that mindset of theirs has recently changed or not, since Ms. Marvel currently doesn't have an ongoing title.

For Miles' solo series it's likely to be a team up. I really wish Marvel would show Miles, Kamala, and Sam hanging out and teaming up again. They're my favorite comic trinity.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 02-21-2024 at 07:38 AM.

They should bring the Champions back. But it looks like that's not happening as Spider-Woman is introducing an entirely new San Francisco based Champions team.

And yeah, is Spec set in the near future, after the current ASM and Miles runs finish? Though Miles' solicit does mention him having appointments with both Kamala and Tiana. Kamala's death and resurrection might have made Miles realise she's more than just his best superhero friend. The solicits read like he's two-timing Tiana by having an affair with Kamala!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They should bring the Champions back. But it looks like that's not happening as Spider-Woman is introducing an entirely new San Francisco based Champions team.

And yeah, is Spec set in the near future, after the current ASM and Miles runs finish? Though Miles' solicit does mention him having appointments with both Kamala and Tiana. Kamala's death and resurrection might have made Miles realise she's more than just his best superhero friend. The solicits read like he's two-timing Tiana by having an affair with Kamala!
    I don't think the upcoming Spectacular Spider-Men series is set in the near future but more like side content adjacent to Miles' and Peter's current runs. So far Ziglar's run on Miles solo is still hot so I don't see it ending anytime soon despite the Spider-Men series being introduced. Not sure If they're planning switch up the creative team for Pete's book though.

I've learned to not trust solicits word for word so I'm gonna be clutching a few grains of salt until I actually read the issues. Looking forward to see the cover for #20 though.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

The biggest bait I've ever seen I almost feel for it too
    Last edited by Trapgodthanos; 02-21-2024 at 08:45 AM.

Miles is going to be pretty busy