Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet but I've seen the screenshots and discourse and it seems people just think miles gets new power-ups and wins fights, these people don't read the actual book just the screenshots posted on Twitter. Ironically those people also think comics should be like manga (specifically shonen) where that's what literally happens lol.
    Its funny, when ATSV came out last year people were glazing up that miles for redefining what it means to be Spider-Man and going against tradition or game miles for completely upping his powers in Spider-Man 2(hell even his stand-alone game)but when comic miles gets a sword or experiments with his powers its suddenly "not very spider-man or spider like". I understand if you don't like the sword or his new form but saying it's not spider like is where I get lost. He isn't even the first spider person to have electricity powers and let's not pretend spider sense which ranges from immediate danger recognition to telepathy depending on who's writing is something spiders can do.

I also think some Peter fans think that Marvel using Miles to try to diminish or replace Peter by having Miles do all this cool stuff, You add all this stuff up and you get outrage when miles does something cool with his powers in the comics. You just gotta learn to tune these things out because this happens every few months especially with this run.

Edit: Dragonick just explained it better than I did with less words lol
    Yeah I know I have to tune the racist complaints out. But it gets so annoying when miles does something that’s unique to him and they have to complain about it.

That toxic petty anger coming from those posts is exactly why I know Ziglar’s run is hitting it off in all the right places!
    Also helps that it feels, at least to me, like they’re being overshadowed by fans absolutely loving this run.

So let them stay mad while we feast on some great story content and character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    That toxic petty anger coming from those posts is exactly why I know Ziglar’s run is hitting it off in all the right places!
    Also helps that it feels, at least to me, like they’re being overshadowed by fans absolutely loving this run.

So let them stay mad while we feast on some great story content and character development.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you on that.

Seems like Miles' shonen protagonist powers actually worked on Scorpion. Dude genuinely seems to like Miles now.

All-New Member

I'll bite for the sake of conversation. I never liked Miles' extra powers on top of the normal Spider-Man ones. Even though I didn't agree with them, I let it go because I thought Miles has an uphill climb when Peter is the face of Spider-Man ip.

Still, to me it signals that the people in charge don't know how else to make Miles match Peter being a super genius on top of having super powers. Give him more super powers?

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Seems like Miles' shonen protagonist powers actually worked on Scorpion. Dude genuinely seems to like Miles now.
    Yeah I saw that too.

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyHarpoon View Post
    I'll bite for the sake of conversation. I never liked Miles' extra powers on top of the normal Spider-Man ones. Even though I didn't agree with them, I let it go because I thought Miles has an uphill climb when Peter is the face of Spider-Man ip.

Still, to me it signals that the people in charge don't know how else to make Miles match Peter being a super genius on top of having super powers. Give him more super powers?
    Miles doesn’t need to be a super genius like Peter to have an advantage over his enemies.

He’s super smart in his own way.

And I’m glad Cody is displaying his intelligences through his detective skills.

Basically what I’m saying is that Peter feels more book smart and Miles feels more street smart.
    Last edited by FlyingShadow; 03-29-2024 at 06:53 AM.

Niffleheim

I think the post was differentiating the "super genius" and "super saiyan" as gimmicks and lanes both characters can occupy separately
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I think the post was differentiating the "super genius" and "super saiyan" as gimmicks and lanes both characters can occupy separately
    That makes sense.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShadow View Post
    Miles doesn’t need to be a super genius like Peter to have an advantage over his enemies.

He’s super smart in his own way.

And I’m glad Cody is displaying his intelligences through his detective skills.

Basically what I’m saying is that Peter feels more book smart and Miles feels more street smart.
    Its not about advantage over his enemies. Is being a detective something you can see Miles doing outside of the onesie? Will he join the police as a day job or start a P.I. agency? Hard to buy into considering his attitude during the stake out with Misty Knight. He hasn't expressed any interest in detective work up until that point either. Peter's affinity for science is more than a means to an end.

Its more like I think super sayian is a gimmick and super genius is not one.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShadow View Post
    That makes sense.
    Nope. You were right I was presuming too much and giving ppl the benefit of the doubt

Super genius is a gimmick for a lot of Marvel characters that the minute it is revealed one can't help but contain a little snicker.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

All-New Member

Super genius is a gimmick for a lot of Marvel characters that the minute it is revealed one can't help but contain a little snicker.
    This isn't a counterargument. Cynicism over MCU Iron Heart or something(?) doesn't all of a sudden invalidate all science oriented characters.

Just like I'm not going to think lower of Gohan going Super Sayian level 2 because of Miles'...glowing payoff with little to no substance or character to it.
    Last edited by GalaxyHarpoon; 03-29-2024 at 09:50 AM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/c.../dragonball_z/

Aaron is definitely Piccolo btw, the colors even match lol

Its not about advantage over his enemies. Is being a detective something you can see Miles doing outside of the onesie? Will he join the police as a day job or start a P.I. agency? Hard to buy into considering his attitude during the stake out with Misty Knight. He hasn't expressed any interest in detective work up until that point either. Peter's affinity for science is more than a means to an end.

Well, Cody compared miles to kid Goku in OG Dragon Ball by always having room to improve and grow while honing his skills as a crime fighter.

And Miles learning detective skills from misty knight isn’t a necessarily a bad start if you ask me.

But all of this just goes to show that each writer has different vision and plan for miles.

BMB might’ve been og writer but that doesn’t mean that someone can’t improve upon what he wrote for miles character.

You do know that Cody is a fan of anime and manga right?!
    Last edited by FlyingShadow; 03-29-2024 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/c.../dragonball_z/

Aaron is definitely Piccolo btw, the colors even match lol
    I can see Tiana being like Android 18 in terms of her “I take $&@% from no one” personality. With a dash of Chi-Chi and Bulma as well!🤣