Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Jesus, i know it's Marvel, and i know the overhype comes with the territory, especially in the preview headlines, but god i felt cheated by this ''betrayal'' nonsense. Soured what was a pretty enjoyable issue for me, then again, joke's on me for ramping expectations, i guess *shrug*.

That being said, i hope AT LEAST the 300# brings some real substance with the supposed death or tragedy or whatever. Props to cody for making this feel like an independent Miles story up till the end, Gang War ASM bullsht didn't manage to drag down the overall conflict still going down, and i am pretty hype for the final confrontation with Rabble, can't come soon enough!

Miles will be getting tie-ins for issues #21-22

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #21
    Written by CODY ZIGLAR
    Art by TRAVEL FOREMAN
    Cover by FEDERICO VICENTINI
    On Sale 6/12

Lost in the endless night! Unstoppable hordes of bloodsucking vampires ravage the Earth beneath pitch-black skies of Earth’s last night! But vampire-slayer Blade has a plan, and his only hope for victory rests with Miles Morales! But Blade’s mission comes with a cost—one Spider-Man may be unwilling to pay!

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post

Written by CODY ZIGLAR
    Art by TRAVEL FOREMAN
    On Sale 6/12

Lost in the endless night! Unstoppable hordes of bloodsucking vampires ravage the Earth beneath pitch-black skies of Earth’s last night! But vampire-slayer Blade has a plan, and his only hope for victory rests with Miles Morales! But Blade’s mission comes with a cost—one Spider-Man may be unwilling to pay!
    On the plus side, he only has a 2 issue tie in and this will give Vicentini a 2 month break but man I feel like after every arc miles gets a event tie in lol. At least Ziglar laid so ground work in the blade arc so this won't just come from nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post

Written by CODY ZIGLAR
    Art by TRAVEL FOREMAN
    On Sale 6/12

Two issues isn't bad, and I will say that at least with the tie-ins we've gotten this run Miles and his world have played relevant roles in all of them. And Travel Foreman is a cool choice for the artist, he's got good art for horror stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Tons of action this issue. Pretty good fights all around spoilers:
    Although what happened to Uncle Aaron?
    end of spoilers

Pace was a bit fast and it was here I think a bi monthly release could have really helped out. I just wouldn't want the art to be sacrificed for those extra pages though. I guess the major take away from Miles bit in Gang War is spoilers:
    Agent Gao's capekillers ranks have expanded quite a bit thanks to Gargan. Curious however if they're going to be loyal to the program itself or to Scorpion.
    Also after being treated to such spectacular fights in this book I'm a bit miffed that the final confrontation with Rabble is going to take place in ASM. I just don't think we'll get half of the energy there then if it was taking place in MM:SM. Not to mention it will be a side fight out of the 3 or 4 that are happening in that next issue.
    end of spoilers
    ASM's art is the worst of Marvel's entire line right now. John Romita Jr is a has-been. He was bad on Bendis's Superman and he's been bad throughout the current ASM run. Miles's book on the other hand, great art. The only complaint really is that Misty Knight's hairstyle is inconsistent between Miles's book and others she appears in (like Captain America).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I haven't seen Spider-Man team-up with Blade so much since the 90's show.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I haven't seen Spider-Man team-up with Blade so much since the 90's show.
    Now imagine if they turn Miles into a vampire

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Or Man-Spider .

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or Man-Spider .
    After the whole savage spider-man book. I think we've met the quota for Man-Spider books

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    There's decent odds of that happening, I think there's only been two heroes confirmed to have been turned. Maybe we'll be getting Man-Spider-Bat.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So Ziglar does a solid enough job making the tie-ins pretty organic to the natural story but man. To put this in persepctive this is now a third event tie-in in under 25 issues.
    #6-7 was Carnage Reigns
    #12-17 is Gang War
    #21-22 will be Blood Hunt

But to loop back and give Ziglar credit, he at least uses these tie-in's to itself tie-into seeds he planted earlier in the run. So rather than a random Gang War storyline we already knew the Hobgoblin was gonig to be the focus of an arc so it was two birds with one stone. Whatever the Bloodhunt 2 parter will be will likely relate back to the Blade teamup that already occured.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 02-16-2024 at 01:52 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So Ziglar does a solid enough job making the tie-ins pretty organic to the natural story but man. To put this in persepctive this is now a third event tie-in in under 25 issues.
    #6-7 was Carnage Reigns
    #12-17 is Gang War

But to loop back and give Ziglar credit, he at least uses these tie-in's to itself tie-into seeds he planted earlier in the run. So rather than a random Gang War storyline we already knew the Hobgoblin was gonig to be the focus of an arc so it was two birds with one stone. Whatever the Bloodhunt 2 parter will be will likely relate back to the Blade teamup that already occured.
    Almost half of the run is insane, it really is fortunate that things blend together rather well. We almost need a secondary book just so we have something where the world isn't ending every other week.

#6-7 was Carnage Reigns
    #12-17 is Gang War

He's got the Al Ewing problem.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

#6-7 was Carnage Reigns
    #12-17 is Gang War

Yeah if Ziglar just phoned in the tie in issues and not try to organically weave them into his story this run could have went downhill real fast.

I wonder why miles is tieing into so many events this run? Ahmed's run only had tie ins for king in black and the beyond stuff in his 42 issues. Is it because miles is a bigger character now marvel wants him in more stuff, or is Ziglar just saying yes to all events?