Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Aw hell ! Shift is totally gonna die next issue, isn't he?
    Too many Death Flags rose in just one scene, dang it !

Also, Gao is despicable..
    There's decent odds of that happening since the issue needs some kind of big hook and Shift doesn't really have a place in the book.

And Gao is either a moron or divorced from reality for thinking that the Cape Killers are anything but a money sink. They've never accomplished anything on their own and between Electro flat out escaping and joining in on the gang war and Hightail getting herself turned into a vampire she can't control or lead them well. spoilers:
    And now she's working with the one person that's crazier than her.
    end of spoilers

I'm curious to see how it all shakes out because we need the story to be able to justify the size of the next issue.

Since Shift is mentioned in the solicits for #20, I don't think he'll be dying anytime soon. And based on the artwork that Ziglar has been posting, things aren't going to go as peacefully as Miles wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah Gao gotta go
    There's only room for one Julia around here, and she wears a red trenchcoat. Of course, I mean Mrs Carpenter, Madame Web.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So wild theory since people were making predictions about Rabble. What if at the end of this storyline in the stinger she pulls an Otto and commit a body hijacking on Gao?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's only room for one Julia around here, and she wears a red trenchcoat. Of course, I mean Mrs Carpenter, Madame Web.
    She can go too
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Gao has been hit with the problem most anti-Superhero types do where in a setting that supports heroes they have no leg to stand on and have to resort to acting like villains because they can’t take a hint.

Zip Zephyr is another quirky addition to Miles’ rogues gallery even if he has all the effectiveness of Frost Pharaoh.

It’s cool Miles has a crew, but I want more solo Miles.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Issue #17 was good even though it was mainly set up for #300, I think Ziglar is going to do something with all of Miles' c list villains (bumbler, Frost Pharaoh and now Zip Zephry) like something akin to how what Bendis did with ult shocker. Maybe they work together or Miles gets cocky when he fights them or something idk (this may just be copium because they deserve some respect lol). Seeing Kamala and Miles interact is always a joy and it seems we'll continue seeing it as the run goes on. I speculated that maybe the Assessor would become the Cape killer's new benefactor but Gao decided to go straight to the insane decision instead and I'm about to love the drama because of it lol.

spoilers:
    miles saying raneem isn't a bad person and she just needs help is hilarious like she didn't just try to kill your parents and your infant baby sister, this isn't a criticism of the storytelling, it is an example of how superheroes (specifically miles) try to see the good in everyone even after the horrible things they've done/tried to do
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So wild theory since people were making predictions about Rabble. What if at the end of this storyline in the stinger she pulls an Otto and commit a body hijacking on Gao?
    I could see that or maybe she uploads her consciousness into her drones of something

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah Gao gotta go
    She’s basically discount Maria Hill at this point complete with stupid calls against the superhero community that actually makes their job much harder.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Issue #17 was good even though it was mainly set up for #300, I think Ziglar is going to do something with all of Miles' c list villains (bumbler, Frost Pharaoh and now Zip Zephry) like something akin to how what Bendis did with ult shocker. Maybe they work together or Miles gets cocky when he fights them or something idk (this may just be copium because they deserve some respect lol). Seeing Kamala and Miles interact is always a joy and it seems we'll continue seeing it as the run goes on. I speculated that maybe the Assessor would become the Cape killer's new benefactor but Gao decided to go straight to the insane decision instead and I'm about to love the drama because of it lol.

spoilers:
    miles saying raneem isn't a bad person and she just needs help is hilarious like she didn't just try to kill your parents and your infant baby sister, this isn't a criticism of the storytelling, it is an example of how superheroes (specifically miles) try to see the good in everyone even after the horrible things they've done/tried to do
    end of spoilers

I could see that or maybe she uploads her consciousness into her drones of something
    Man, the thing you mentioned in the spoiler got me pretty iffy with cody's portrayal of Rabble, his perception of her character if you will. Many here have justified Rabble's antics and motivations as her being ''psychotic'' ''crazy'' ''maniacal'' etc. And sure, she is those things, but i think Cody writes her in a way that makes me feel he wants the reader to feel some sort of sympathy for her.

spoilers:
    I mean cmon man, not a bad person? My brother in christ, what, PRAY TELL would be considered a bad person by your metric? Forgiveness and Understanding aren't a free pass to do whatever and brush it off with comunity service.
    end of spoilers

Rabble's gotta be locked up or taken out, and i think Cody writes her expecting reader sympathy ever since issue one and she is anything but sympathetic, and every other issue i feel that blaming her sad origin story backfire fiasco on her ''being crazy'' is reader copium. That's my opinion anyway.

That being said the issue was fun, but mostly set-up. I'm expecting big things from issue 300, for better or worse. If anybody does, i hope Tiana or Rabble dies, even though i dont see Cody Killing off Tiana, the backlash would be insane, but if it's not shift i have no idea who it might be. If it's Gao it's gonna be pretty meh, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Man, the thing you mentioned in the spoiler got me pretty iffy with cody's portrayal of Rabble, his perception of her character if you will. Many here have justified Rabble's antics and motivations as her being ''psychotic'' ''crazy'' ''maniacal'' etc. And sure, she is those things, but i think Cody writes her in a way that makes me feel he wants the reader to feel some sort of sympathy for her.

spoilers:
    I mean cmon man, not a bad person? My brother in christ, what, PRAY TELL would be considered a bad person by your metric? Forgiveness and Understanding aren't a free pass to do whatever and brush it off with comunity service.
    end of spoilers

Rabble's gotta be locked up or taken out, and i think Cody writes her expecting reader sympathy ever since issue one and she is anything but sympathetic, and every other issue i feel that blaming her sad origin story backfire fiasco on her ''being crazy'' is reader copium. That's my opinion anyway.
    I agree. Miles is too smart and too experienced as a hero to be this naive regarding Rabble.

I wonder if Cody is trying to parallel Rabble with Phin from Miles' game. At least with Phin it made sense that Miles would try to reason with her, since they were childhood friends.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Aw hell ! Shift is totally gonna die next issue, isn't he?
    Too many Death Flags rose in just one scene, dang it !

Also, Gao is despicable..
    That she is.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShadow View Post
    I believe mile’s plan with rabble is going to backfire

Spoiler

Attachment 138038

Miles you aren’t Naruto lol
    "Talk no Jutsu," Spidey-style!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    There's decent odds of that happening since the issue needs some kind of big hook and Shift doesn't really have a place in the book.

And Gao is either a moron or divorced from reality for thinking that the Cape Killers are anything but a money sink. They've never accomplished anything on their own and between Electro flat out escaping and joining in on the gang war and Hightail getting herself turned into a vampire she can't control or lead them well. spoilers:
    And now she's working with the one person that's crazier than her.
    end of spoilers

I'm curious to see how it all shakes out because we need the story to be able to justify the size of the next issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gao has been hit with the problem most anti-Superhero types do where in a setting that supports heroes they have no leg to stand on and have to resort to acting like villains because they can’t take a hint.

Zip Zephyr is another quirky addition to Miles’ rogues gallery even if he has all the effectiveness of Frost Pharaoh.

It’s cool Miles has a crew, but I want more solo Miles.
    Like Amanda Waller from DC, especially in the buildup to and aftermath of Titans: Beast World, starting with the end of Knight Terrors where she explicitly declared that she was going to exploit and amplify growing fear of metahuman heroes to gain public and political support for eradicating them all?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    She’s basically discount Maria Hill at this point complete with stupid calls against the superhero community that actually makes their job much harder.
    At least Maria Hill somewhat shaped up once she saw real evil in action through Norman Osborn's Dark Reign. Beside that, the analogy that comes more to mind for me is Amanda Waller in DC, especially in the buildup to and aftermath of Titans: Beast World.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Do you think this "Agent Gao" is becoming Marvel's version of Amanda Waller? Because I seriously hate Waller.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I agree. Miles is too smart and too experienced as a hero to be this naive regarding Rabble.

I wonder if Cody is trying to parallel Rabble with Phin from Miles' game. At least with Phin it made sense that Miles would try to reason with her, since they were childhood friends.
    And even Miles gave Phin too much of a pass in the game in my opinion. But she was also equally dumb and irrational.

And even Miles gave Phin too much of a pass in the game in my opinion. But she was also equally dumb and irrational.
    Both situations are a little irritating to me, but the case with Rabble feels much worse lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Do you think this "Agent Gao" is becoming Marvel's version of Amanda Waller? Because I seriously hate Waller.
    Understandable. It's morbidly funny that the DCAU Waller is practically the only redeemable Waller in the DC Multiverse, and even then, you could argue, especially after "Project Batman Beyond," that she was let off a little too easy.

At least Phin (somewhat) came to her senses when Miles made her finally realize that she was doing much more harm than good and her revenge plot on Roxxon and Simon Krieger would only backfire in a way that benefited them and hurt, if not killed or destroyed, everyone she claimed she was trying to defend, not to mention the legacy of the brother she was trying to avenge. Not really gambling that Rabble will have a similar "come to Jesus" moment, as her motivations are much pettier in comparison.
    The spider is always on the hunt.