Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Actually I think being more of a solo guy equates more to Peter than to Miles. I think there have been a few character breakdowns in the past that said thanks to how different their up brining's were, Miles is more inclined to join teams than Peter was at that age.

Since Peter had to take on a lot of responsibility after Uncle Ben died he probably developed a more severe case of "Parker Pride" that Aunt May describes as a family tradition of taking on too much yourself without asking for help until it's almost too late. Anna Maria Marconi also stated that this issue could be reinforced by some kind of guilt complex Peter has had for years due to the circumstances of Uncle Ben's death.

Miles on the other hand has had a very healthy upbringing with very supportive parents and uncle (leaving aside the prowler business that was revealed later in the ultimate universe and around the end of Bendis' 616 run). So that support structure early on in Miles' life could have given him an instinctive nature to be more willing to join teams later on with the Avengers, Champions, etc. It also helps that he's willing to talk more about his issues listen to advice and seek professional help (like in Ziglar's current run). This may also be why Miles has a better track record of getting some villains to actually like him (to a certain extent) even during a fight.

Also in terms of the Champions I think Zub's run showed off better why Miles could easily lead a team as well, since there were a lot more moments were he took point in a situation when Ms. Marvel couldn't, and acted more like a second in command and strong pillar in the team than he did during Waid's run.
    In comparison Miles was associated much more with Superhero peers/mentors and teams than Peter was at his age (granted Miles also started off younger), though one could argue how much great Miles team content we got before Zub's Champions.

Personally I kind of wish we had less guest heroes in his solo book. It's like every issue he's got a guest hero or another person to team-up with.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShadow View Post
    Horakoshi the author of My Hero Academia was also inspired by spider-man.

Deku has danger since and black whip and if that’s not soider-man inspired then I don’t know what is lol
    Indeed. All he needs now is for one of the "One For All" host vestiges inside him to have been able to stick to walls and . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    It could work if the Avengers writers wrote him as someone who belongs on the Avengers.

(The real reason Spider-man isn't on the Avengers is that Spider-man is Marvel's A-list, and the real function of the Avengers is to hype Marvel's B-list heroes. Depending on how you define the difference between A-list and B-list of course: but I'm going to draw the line at characters for whom Marvel had sold the film rights before they started the MCU. (*))

(*) that's a necessary not sufficient condition, before anybody says Ghost Rider.
    The opposite of DC's Justice League, pretty much.

Actually I think being more of a solo guy equates more to Peter than to Miles. I think there have been a few character breakdowns in the past that said thanks to how different their up brining's were, Miles is more inclined to join teams than Peter was at that age.

Since Peter had to take on a lot of responsibility after Uncle Ben died he probably developed a more severe case of "Parker Pride" that Aunt May describes as a family tradition of taking on too much yourself without asking for help until it's almost too late. Anna Maria Marconi also stated that this issue could be reinforced by some kind of guilt complex Peter has had for years due to the circumstances of Uncle Ben's death.

Miles on the other hand has had a very healthy upbringing with very supportive parents and uncle (leaving aside the prowler business that was revealed later in the ultimate universe and around the end of Bendis' 616 run). So that support structure early on in Miles' life could have given him an instinctive nature to be more willing to join teams later on with the Avengers, Champions, etc. It also helps that he's willing to talk more about his issues listen to advice and seek professional help (like in Ziglar's current run). This may also be why Miles has a better track record of getting some villains to actually like him (to a certain extent) even during a fight.

Also in terms of the Champions I think Zub's run showed off better why Miles could easily lead a team as well, since there were a lot more moments were he took point in a situation when Ms. Marvel couldn't, and acted more like a second in command and strong pillar in the team than he did during Waid's run.
    Those are fair points, and hell, for all the talk about the likes of Batman in DC or Wolverine/Logan in X-Men being loners, they don't self-isolate from allies and friends nearly as much as Peter does. It got to the point in Nick Spencer's run that even Logan, along with several other former New Avengers, had to call him out for how constantly flaking out on his superhero allies/friends and not being willing to open up about his problems to them made it easy for "Mayor Fisk" to fake a friendship with him that would drive a deeper wedge between him and them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Those are fair points, and hell, for all the talk about the likes of Batman in DC or Wolverine/Logan in X-Men being loners, they don't self-isolate from allies and friends nearly as much as Peter does. It got to the point in Nick Spencer's run that even Logan, along with several other former New Avengers, had to call him out for how constantly flaking out on his superhero allies/friends and not being willing to open up about his problems to them made it easy for "Mayor Fisk" to fake a friendship with him that would drive a deeper wedge between him and them.
    Of course if you rely too much on teams you get the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Of course if you rely too much on teams you get the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon...
    Yeah, and after the first two seasons, it was a new team every following season.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Horakoshi the author of My Hero Academia was also inspired by spider-man.

Deku has danger since and black whip and if that’s not soider-man inspired then I don’t know what is lol
    The stuff deku does with black whip now is very impressive
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

I honestly don’t know what other spider-man inspired powers would deku have off the top of my head.

It indeed is.

This miles morales samurai art looks so dope!

https://pin.it/1QklVUk0V

The opposite of DC's Justice League, pretty much.
    Justice League also started as a way to hype B-list heroes, but DC quickly decided that the way to hype the B-list heroes was to have the A-list heroes join their team, while Lee decided otherwise.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Yeah, and after the first two seasons, it was a new team every following season.
    Yeah, the first two seasons were Spider-Man, Power Man, White Tiger, Iron Fist, and Nova. Season 3 added several new heroes. Season 4 dumped everyone in favour of a spider-verse team, which included Kid Arachnid - Miles.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the first two seasons were Spider-Man, Power Man, White Tiger, Iron Fist, and Nova. Season 3 added several new heroes. Season 4 dumped everyone in favour of a spider-verse team, which included Kid Arachnid - Miles.
    It started the trend of cartoons trying to work-around Miles and Peter having the same codename by giving him a different one (or in the 2017 show not even bothering).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I will never forgive that show for starting the whole renaming trend for Miles in the future Spider-Man shows.

I feel like ITSV and Insomniac's Spider-Man games helped squash that for the most part though.

I will never forgive that show for starting the whole renaming trend for Miles in the future Spider-Man shows.

I feel like ITSV and Insomniac's Spider-Man games helped squash that for the most part though.
    It's probably for the best Miles isn't in the upcoming Friendly Neighborhood cartoon.

This miles morales samurai art looks so dope!

https://pin.it/1QklVUk0V
    That might be the rendition of any hero I have ever seen....! Would love to see a What If just to incorporate this look.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    That might be the rendition of any hero I have ever seen....! Would love to see a What If just to incorporate this look.
    If what if incorporated this then that would be lit!!