Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Wouldn't the new Spectacular Spider-Men series technically count as a second book for him even if he's sharing it with Peter?

Or do you mean like a second solo book? I feel like those never last too long for characters.
    I would say kinda since it's set in 616(even if it's mostly self contained) if i see characters from there to start popping up in Miles book then i'll start considering it as a second book

Quote Originally Posted by KrookcodileX View Post
    I would say kinda since it's set in 616(even if it's mostly self contained) if i see characters from there to start popping up in Miles book then i'll start considering it as a second book
    That's sounds like a good rule of thumb to have. Would the same go if any of the regular supporting characters in Miles' solo pop-up in the Spider-Men series?

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

We'll probably see some interconnectivity between the series after the first arc wraps up since it seems Weisman wrote it purposely to ignore ASM and MMSM

Wouldn't the new Spectacular Spider-Men series technically count as a second book for him even if he's sharing it with Peter?

Or do you mean like a second solo book? I feel like those never last too long for characters.
    I'd count it, but yeah he needs a few more pages to bulk up the civilian side since his main title tends to focus on adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyHarpoon View Post
    To be honest, that's always been something Miles Morales stories have neglected compared to Peter and even other characters like Silk imo.

For instance Miles' most prominent love interests have all been super powered, so Miles avoid the whole issues regarding balancing love life with superheroing.
    It's about 50/50. Katie wasn't superpowered, but turned out to be a villain (part of HYDRA) despite her 616 counterpart being Kate "Hawkeye" Bishop. Barbara's a civilian as well. And then there's Bombshell, who's a mutant, and Starling, who has the same tech as her grandfather the Vulture. Kamala and Gwen have both been shipped with him too, but neither are any more than good friends to Miles in the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's sounds like a good rule of thumb to have. Would the same go if any of the regular supporting characters in Miles' solo pop-up in the Spider-Men series?
    He introduced that one guy from his Nightmask and Starbrand series as someone Miles has history with.

I feel like at best maybe Ganke, his family, or Tiana show up.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's about 50/50. Katie wasn't superpowered, but turned out to be a villain (part of HYDRA) despite her 616 counterpart being Kate "Hawkeye" Bishop. Barbara's a civilian as well. And then there's Bombshell, who's a mutant, and Starling, who has the same tech as her grandfather the Vulture. Kamala and Gwen have both been shipped with him too, but neither are any more than good friends to Miles in the comics.
    I did say most prominent. Katie and Barbara were blips on a radar compared to the other characters.

Barbara especially. The way she was thrown out in favor of Tiana really felt like there was no patience by the writer for civilian antics.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyHarpoon View Post
    I did say most prominent. Katie and Barbara were blips on a radar compared to the other characters.

Barbara especially. The way she was thrown out in favor of Tiana really felt like there was no patience by the writer for civilian antics.
    Which is funny bc that was in Ahmed's run and it's been noted here he was one of the Miles writers who took the most time and panels to flesh out Miles' civillian life. But then again, i thought Ahmed's chacter work SUCKED for the most part, i would rather have him stick to high concept hoopla that was at least entertaining than waste my time trying to make those wet blanket characters stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Which is funny bc that was in Ahmed's run and it's been noted here he was one of the Miles writers who took the most time and panels to flesh out Miles' civillian life. But then again, i thought Ahmed's chacter work SUCKED for the most part, i would rather have him stick to high concept hoopla that was at least entertaining than waste my time trying to make those wet blanket characters stick.
    Agreed, he expanded the BVA cast the most of any writer, the problem is most of those characters weren't good. Dutcher was just Peter's relationship with Jonah inverted and Sean was just MCU Flash, I'll still say that Mr Sumida was good though. And I still remember one of the complaints about his run being how little time Miles spent with his friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n5DK2oQtWU&t=4s

interview with ziglar also my first time seeing him
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

For anyone that can't watch the interview, someone on the subreddit posted some of the key points from the interview
    Miles is 17 ish*

Will continue to be heavily street-level focused

Heavy emphasis on Miles interacting with/gaining mentorship from more Black superheroes.

Starling will continue to be a very strong supporting cast member for Miles and will continue to be very family and friends focused

Ben Reilly was pitched to be labeled Spider-Man of Manhattan and he and Miles were supposed to interacted closely but they opted for Misty and Coleen instead.

Strong interest on creating more new villains Miles’ age, and new female ones, influenced by Tinkerer from insomniac MM. Rabble, Hightail, Gust etc…

Fight scenes in the current run are influenced by actual animated sequences, key frames etc.

Ziglar is notably heavily leaning into anime influences for Miles and he’s jokingly being called “Shonen-Man” at editorial.

Miles’ voice under Ziglar is just influenced by basic AAVE, how Ziglar would imagine a young black Puerto Rican from Brooklyn would actually speak like. Under Bendis he just felt more like just a younger Peter Parker.

All three versions of Miles so far (game, comic, movies) will remain distinct from each but will have some minor overlaps. (Ex. Miles being an artist vs him being into journaling in the comics whilst all three being into music etc..)

Rabble’s anger is motivated by the system that wronged her, Miles became essentially the catalyst that caused her to lose her mind so she hyper focuses on him.

Unrelated But he put emphasis on having more black people involved in comics in regards to preventing comics like Miles’ Thor run being written and receiving heavy crticism.
    No real complaints besides the mentorship thing again.

It's also unexpected that Ben was apparently supposed to be the Spider-Man of Manhattan and he and Miles were supposed to interact closely.

I also appreciate that the three Miles versions will remain distinct from each other.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n5DK2oQtWU&t=4s

interview with ziglar also my first time seeing him
    So Ziglar also just casually reveals it was at Kevin Feige's request to make Kamala into a mutant in the comics and the task to do so got dropped on Wells' lap.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    For anyone that can't watch the interview, someone on the subreddit posted some of the key points from the interview

No real complaints besides the mentorship thing again.

It's also unexpected that Ben was apparently supposed to be the Spider-Man of Manhattan and he and Miles were supposed to interact closely.

I also appreciate that the three Miles versions will remain distinct from each other.
    Ziglar is gung ho on giving Miles Villains god i love it, his run gonna be the definitive Miles run imo, But yeah again the mentorship **** i can do without, even though his relationship with misty is cute

I was hoping we could move past this mentorship thing. I'm not even sure what Miles was supposed to have learned from Misty that he didn't already know or could have figured out himself, except for an excuse for him to meet Colleen and get some swordsmanship training from her.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I think it’s interesting that Ziglar was was gonna have Ben and Miles interact more . It sounded like he was gonna use him more than Peter who honestly I can’t remember when he shows up. Lol