Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. Considering that Spider-Man's wall-crawling powers work through generating an electrostatic cling throughout his entire body, I could theorize that the spider-sense also works as an electrically based phenomenon, especially since Peter has used his to detect certain radio frequencies within the electromagnetic spectrum and synced to his spider-tracers. The kind of augmented strength and speed Spider-Man typically boasts could work through heightened bioelectrical activity supercharging the motor neurons in his muscles and the conductivity of his central nervous system, accelerating his reaction time and amplifying the force of his movements. With Miles being able to consciously manipulate his own bioelectricity, though, he could take that even further through his new "Venom Boost."
    Ngl, this sounds like such a cool idea for miles.

You should talk to Cody and marvel about this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. Considering that Spider-Man's wall-crawling powers work through generating an electrostatic cling throughout his entire body, I could theorize that the spider-sense also works as an electrically based phenomenon, especially since Peter has used his to detect certain radio frequencies within the electromagnetic spectrum and synced to his spider-tracers. The kind of augmented strength and speed Spider-Man typically boasts could work through heightened bioelectrical activity supercharging the motor neurons in his muscles and the conductivity of his central nervous system, accelerating his reaction time and amplifying the force of his movements. With Miles being able to consciously manipulate his own bioelectricity, though, he could take that even further through his new "Venom Boost."
    And on top of all that Mayday can flat out manipulate magnetism, so it's not like there's no basis for a connection between Spider-People and the electromagnetic spectrum. It's really just a matter of how well it can be controlled and a willingness to experiment.

Also Miles' invisibility could be explained as a manipulation of his electromagnetic field to retract light around him since it makes his costume invisible too.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 03-31-2024 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShadow View Post
    You do know that Cody is a fan of anime and manga right?!
    Does that mean Deadpool will now be showing Dragonball influences as well?

Well, Cody did say after the blood hunt event was over that he would focus more on mile’s school life.
    The latest issue did say there'd be a bold new direction after Blood Hunt.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Does that mean Deadpool will now be showing Dragonball influences as well?.
    Maybe, but going of some of the preview images I think it’s safer to guess the book having Chainsaw Man influences thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    And on top of all that Mayday can flat out manipulate magnetism, so it's not like there's no basis for a connection between Spider-People and the electromagnetic spectrum. It's really just a matter of how well it can be controlled and a willingness to experiment.

Also Miles' invisibility could be explained as a manipulation of his electromagnetic field to retract light around him since it makes his costume invisible too.
    I legit forget about that.

Marvel Strike Force has released the "Spider Society", a team based on the Spider-verse films: Peni Parker, Peter B. Parker, Spider-Man India (new characters), Ghost Spider and Spider-Man Noir (already present). Strangely enough, Miles is not part of that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Does that mean Deadpool will now be showing Dragonball influences as well?

I don’t really read his Deadpool series so I couldn’t really tell you if he adds them or not.

The latest issue did say there'd be a bold new direction after Blood Hunt.
    Then maybe that’s the direction he’s going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Marvel Strike Force has released the "Spider Society", a team based on the Spider-verse films: Peni Parker, Peter B. Parker, Spider-Man India (new characters), Ghost Spider and Spider-Man Noir (already present). Strangely enough, Miles is not part of that team.
    Hmm, that’s interesting.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ngl, this sounds like such a cool idea for miles.

You should talk to Cody and marvel about this lol
    Thanks, I've got more where that came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

Oh, yeah, to stick other people or objects to whatever surface she happens to be touching or repel them from that same surface. It is indeed explicitly called "bio-magnetism." And yeah, Miles's camouflage ability working by shifting himself and whatever's touching him out of the visible portion of the electromagnetic spectrum would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Probably because if we go by Across the Spider-Verse, Miguel O'Hara explicitly didn't want him in the Spider Society. Maybe that'll change in Beyond the Spider-Verse, though, depending on how things shake out there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Probably, so far there's loading screen artwork and gameplay details at the official page, but not a campaign to introduce them in-story.

We’re going to see more of mile’s maxed power in issue 19.
    https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLhnBgqk/

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

So I finally read issue #18 and i fully admit this might be recency bias talking but this might be my favorite miles issue ever spoilers:
    I love how this issue brings in so many elements of continuity from other miles' runs like Rhino being an ally or snatcher making an appearance. Speaking of Peter villains liking miles, this may be the most character work that Scorpion has ever gotten? His conversation with Aaron at the barfelt earned because of the work Ziglar has put into miles' and Mac's relationship ( absolute carnage was okay but Ziglar using it to put work into their relationship was excellent). The art was spectacular in this issue but I wish we got some more of Marquez, I will admit that Juan Cabaal had the weakest showing, however. Vicentini continues to show that he is a top 5 working artist in comics, the rabble and miles fight was incredible. With all that being said, Raneem was my favorite part of this issue. Her conversation with her father was heartbreaking with her admitting that if she accepted miles' help she would be forced to acknowledge the horrible things she's done to miles under the guise of "setting things right". I did not expect her to have this level of introspection, it contrasts very well with her insanity later in her fight with miles, Raneem pointing at her chest telling miles he has to kill her to stop her is peak villain **** I love it lol. Rabble is my favorite villain for miles since Aaron and it's not close. One critique I will give this issue and its not the book's fault but I know Shift isn't dying from the #20 solicit, with that being said the last page of the issue is an all-time miles page
    end of spoilers

Last thing but the controversy around "Miles Maxed" is so crazy,its such a non-issue if you read the issue. People acting like he pulled a big bang attack out of his ass and one-shotted all the villains lol, it literally just saved him from dying against the cape killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    So I finally read issue #18 and i fully admit this might be recency bias talking but this might be my favorite miles issue ever spoilers:
    I love how this issue brings in so many elements of continuity from other miles' runs like Rhino being an ally or snatcher making an appearance. Speaking of Peter villains liking miles, this may be the most character work that Scorpion has ever gotten? His conversation with Aaron at the barfelt earned because of the work Ziglar has put into miles' and Mac's relationship ( absolute carnage was okay but Ziglar using it to put work into their relationship was excellent). The art was spectacular in this issue but I wish we got some more of Marquez, I will admit that Juan Cabaal had the weakest showing, however. Vicentini continues to show that he is a top 5 working artist in comics, the rabble and miles fight was incredible. With all that being said, Raneem was my favorite part of this issue. Her conversation with her father was heartbreaking with her admitting that if she accepted miles' help she would be forced to acknowledge the horrible things she's done to miles under the guise of "setting things right". I did not expect her to have this level of introspection, it contrasts very well with her insanity later in her fight with miles, Raneem pointing at her chest telling miles he has to kill her to stop her is peak villain **** I love it lol. Rabble is my favorite villain for miles since Aaron and it's not close. One critique I will give this issue and its not the book's fault but I know Shift isn't dying from the #20 solicit, with that being said the last page of the issue is an all-time miles page
    end of spoilers

Last thing but the controversy around "Miles Maxed" is so crazy,its such a non-issue if you read the issue. People acting like he pulled a big bang attack out of his ass and one-shotted all the villains lol, it literally just saved him from dying against the cape killers.
    Yep, and people are blowing it out of proportion for no reason.

Fantastic Member

Exactly! I keep off the twitter discourse(for good reason), so when i was done with the issue and saw ppl on here talking about how dudes were up in arms about the ''max power'' thing i was completely baffled. I mean, if Peter webbed up some big rock and made a web-flail or something you wouldn't think spider-man fights with a flail from now on, you would just think he improvised a weapon that suited the situation. It might look like manga, but it isn't, and everybody at the spider-office knows that, they're not about to let a writer power creep Spider-man into a DBZ character, not that cody is even going for that.

If this brother can shoot lightning and make lightning constructs(something i do have my qualms with) then powering up with an electric aura should be the LEAST of his capabilities. Call me back when Miles is going super-saiyan every single fight and his hair is blond.

We’re going to see more of mile’s maxed power in issue 19.
    https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLhnBgqk/
    Good to hear, I almost thought that it ran out at the end. It's also interesting that Ziglar referred to Rabble as someone that can take him going all out, it really shows just how advanced her tech is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Exactly! I keep off the twitter discourse(for good reason), so when i was done with the issue and saw ppl on here talking about how dudes were up in arms about the ''max power'' thing i was completely baffled. I mean, if Peter webbed up some big rock and made a web-flail or something you wouldn't think spider-man fights with a flail from now on, you would just think he improvised a weapon that suited the situation. It might look like manga, but it isn't, and everybody at the spider-office knows that, they're not about to let a writer power creep Spider-man into a DBZ character, not that cody is even going for that.

If this brother can shoot lightning and make lightning constructs(something i do have my qualms with) then powering up with an electric aura should be the LEAST of his capabilities. Call me back when Miles is going super-saiyan every single fight and his hair is blond.
    It's especially nonsense since it's blatantly obvious that it's not something that he's going to bring out often.