Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1079
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I just noticed the tribute to Toriyama at the bottom

This issue actually feels like it could have been a pretty good tribute considering it basically turns in to a manga when Miles' vision is messed up.
    Wow, I didn't notice that. Good looking out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

For me this run is the proof that fight scenes CAN and SHOULD be a lot more important in comics like they are in mangas.

Niffleheim

There should be a balance of story and fights. I get bored when a writer leans too much on one aspect and ignores the other. Personally I remember the story more than the fight scenes.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    There should be a balance of story and fights. I get bored when a writer leans too much on one aspect and ignores the other. Personally I remember the story more than the fight scenes.
    I agree but i'd add that the secret to any good fight scene is how well said scene executes storytelling. I think one of the biggest strenghts of the shonen battle manga Cody references so much is having a big focus on storytelling by means of direct conflict. So it's pretty cool to see american comic books try to get more out of their fight scenes than just those big flashy colorful splash pages with onomatopoeia bubbles and atempt to really flesh out character work in how they deal and struggle with a big battle.

All-New Member

Btw we Know From that Interview that Ziglar wants to create Whole bunch of More villains for Miles, What type of Villains would you Folks like Him to come up with? Ya know Power wise and Motivation wise

Quote Originally Posted by KrookcodileX View Post
    Btw we Know From that Interview that Ziglar wants to create Whole bunch of More villains for Miles, What type of Villains would you Folks like Him to come up with? Ya know Power wise and Motivation wise
    A big business type villain / corporation, like Roxxon was towards the end of the Ultimate run but not as 'other worldly' like the assesor is. Almost captain planet tier villainy maybe.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

I agree that this book handles fight scenes better than any big 2 book out currently. Every fight scene has a purpose and progress either the story or miles in some way. Vicentini's kinetic art lends itself to animation so well that i could 100% see this run have a 1:1 animated/anime adaptation.

As for issue #19 it was great, the rabble fight was great and i thought her end was quite fitting. The black and white pages sold me on Marvel making a manga style collected edition of this run. Im assuming Zigar will bring raneem back atleast one more time in his run so i wonder how their relationship will develop. Solicits spoiled the fakeout but i still enjoyed the resolution. Overall i enjoyed this and its probably my second favortie arc of this run so far. Sidenote but did you guys see venom war will have tie ins? I instantly thought of the editors note in giant size saying the venom stuff wasnt done and now i think we'll get tie ins into that event.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    I agree but i'd add that the secret to any good fight scene is how well said scene executes storytelling. I think one of the biggest strenghts of the shonen battle manga Cody references so much is having a big focus on storytelling by means of direct conflict. So it's pretty cool to see american comic books try to get more out of their fight scenes than just those big flashy colorful splash pages with onomatopoeia bubbles and atempt to really flesh out character work in how they deal and struggle with a big battle.
    I think most writers don't like fight scenes, either they take away page time from their writing or ut feels like cutting corners to them. I remember Matthew Rosenberg saying on his podcast that he makes every fight scene a splash page because he doesn't really care about them. I imagine most writers feel similar to this.

Variant cover?

All-New Member

No this is a sequel to the original releasing july following Miles and Black cat apparently, Im as surprised as you are

I want one that's just a monstrous and no nonsense physical threat. Now that Rabble is wrapped up I want someone that's kinda like what Venom was to Peter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    I agree that this book handles fight scenes better than any big 2 book out currently. Every fight scene has a purpose and progress either the story or miles in some way. Vicentini's kinetic art lends itself to animation so well that i could 100% see this run have a 1:1 animated/anime adaptation.

As for issue #19 it was great, the rabble fight was great and i thought her end was quite fitting. The black and white pages sold me on Marvel making a manga style collected edition of this run. Im assuming Zigar will bring raneem back atleast one more time in his run so i wonder how their relationship will develop. Solicits spoiled the fakeout but i still enjoyed the resolution. Overall i enjoyed this and its probably my second favortie arc of this run so far. Sidenote but did you guys see venom war will have tie ins? I instantly thought of the editors note in giant size saying the venom stuff wasnt done and now i think we'll get tie ins into that event.
    Unless it's going to be restricted to just symbiotes, there's pretty decent odds that Miles will be involved. He's friends with Normie and like you said the giant size said it wasn't the end of the Venom stuff.

No this is a sequel to the original releasing july following Miles and Black cat apparently, Im as surprised as you are
    I don't think it's following Miles and Black Cat, but we'll be meeting that universe's versions of them. That's what I got from the article at least.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-parker-future

I knew about the Reign sequel, I just didn't know we were going to get a future take on Miles. Should be interesting. He's usually dead in these 'next sunday' takes.