Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyHarpoon View Post
    This isn't a counterargument. Cynicism over MCU Iron Heart or something(?) doesn't all of a sudden invalidate all science oriented characters.

Just like I'm not going to think lower of Gohan going Super Sayian level 2 because of Miles'...glowing payoff with little to no substance or character to it.
    Nah, let’s be real for a minute. If you want to blame someone for miie’s power evolution then blame BMB.

He’s the one started miles power evolution when miles learned how to do a super mega venom blast against doctor doom in the ultimate comics.

Then he went crazier when he introduced the venom webs and the enhanced venom punch at the last minute of mile’s first 616 run.

So every writer after him has been following his footsteps on miles power growth.
    Last edited by FlyingShadow; 03-29-2024 at 10:57 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShadow View Post
    You do know that Cody is a fan of anime and manga right?!
    Being a fan of something doesn't mean your take/homage is as good as the original.

Nah, let’s be real for a minute. If you want to blame someone for miie’s power evolution then blame BMB.

He’s the one started miles power evolution when miles learned how to do a super mega venom blast against doctor doom in the ultimate comics.

Then he went crazier when he introduced the venom webs and the enhanced venom punch at the last minute of mile’s first 616 run.

So every writer after him has been following his footsteps on miles power growth.
    Kind of? When Miles was first created he had invisibility and the venom blast, and that was to make up for the fact that he didn't have web shooters. At the end of BMB tenure writing Miles, gave him venom webs as a payoff that he should do things differently than Peter after his web shooters broke. BMB is to blame for the whole, "miles gets powers out of nowhere to compensate for Peter's science" precedent. But he understood that if Miles is given something he probably should take something away. Saladin Ahmed understood this as well, which is why when he took over he gave Miles back his web shooters and we never saw venom webs again. Essentially reverting the change. Cody Ziglar doesn't. He just escalates.

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyHarpoon View Post
    Being a fan of something doesn't mean your take/homage is as good as the original.

But it’s his take on miles though and what he loves to implement in the character.

Kind of? When Miles was first created he had invisibility and the venom blast, and that was to make up for the fact that he didn't have web shooters. At the end of BMB tenure writing Miles, gave him venom webs as a payoff that he should do things differently than Peter after his web shooters broke. BMB is to blame for the whole, "miles gets powers out of nowhere to compensate for Peter's science" precedent. But he understood that if Miles is given something he probably should take something away. Saladin Ahmed understood this as well, which is why when he took over he gave Miles back his web shooters and we never saw venom webs again. Essentially reverting the change. Cody Ziglar doesn't. He just escalates.
    As far as the venom webs are concerned I believe the venom saber is an evolution from the venom webs.

And the spider sense vision came from mile’s therapy session.

Cody has actually fleshed out how miles is getting these power upgrades.

Watched the Spider Within short, nice little animation and I'm always down for more Spiderverse crumbs. Good to see Miles continuing his streak of punching demons.

That 300 issue was wall to wall content. Quite a bit of story progression, real good fights and interesting use of powers, like Kamala grabbing that hand with her cheek after she got punched. Quite a few characters showed up too, just about everyone (From the heroic side of the book anyway) I guess it's just seeing how to deal with Rabble now or if that will color things for blood hunt. I the book is jumping right into the event though, I'd prefer a cooldown arc or something. Feels like this book has been amped up since the start of Gang War.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Watched the Spider Within short, nice little animation and I'm always down for more Spiderverse crumbs. Good to see Miles continuing his streak of punching demons.

That 300 issue was wall to wall content. Quite a bit of story progression, real good fights and interesting use of powers, like Kamala grabbing that hand with her cheek after she got punched. Quite a few characters showed up too, just about everyone (From the heroic side of the book anyway) I guess it's just seeing how to deal with Rabble now or if that will color things for blood hunt. I the book is jumping right into the event though, I'd prefer a cooldown arc or something. Feels like this book has been amped up since the start of Gang War.
    Well, Cody did say after the blood hunt event was over that he would focus more on mile’s school life.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales' Greatest Hits (So Far)
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...test-hits-list
    I think they might've put out this article a little late lol

Spectacular Member

Does it state anywhere that is faster with this upgrade?
    Also, I’m surprised no one mentioned the Raikage (Killer A) from Naruto as a point of reference for Miles’ upgrade.

or Killua's God Speed
    Last edited by SpiderX; 03-30-2024 at 03:27 PM.

I don't have a problem with Miles' power-ups personally.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I don't have a problem with Miles' power-ups personally.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    Does it state anywhere that is faster with this upgrade?
    Also I’m surprised no one mentioned the Raikage (Killer A) from Naruto as a point of reference for Miles’ upgrade.
    *Will post pic or gif later*
    We haven't really gotten confirmation on what it does exactly, but it's generally assumed to be a buff to physical attributes. Along with the Raikage's lightning cloak I also thought of Shunko from Bleach.

Spectacular Member

Also, I grew up on Peter Parker and his Spider-Sense would do whatever the writers wanted it to do, and I was fine with it. Spider-Man Vol. 1 Issue 26, the Green Cover 30th Anniversary issue from 92, has it where it states it acts as a radar device. The attached picture will be too blurry to read the text though.

You could say that Miles is using his Venom Energy/Bioelectricity in conjunction with his Spider-Sense to give him electroreception.
    Also I really miss the days of Spider-Man having those after images to convey his movement and speed. It's hardly done in Miles' book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    Also, I grew up on Peter Parker and his Spider-Sense would do whatever the writers wanted it to do, and I was fine with it. Spider-Man Vol. 1 Issue 26, the Green Cover 30th Anniversary issue from 92, has it where it states it acts as a radar device. The attached picture will be too blurry to read the text though.

You could say that Miles is using his Venom Energy/Bioelectricity in conjunction with his Spider-Sense to give him electroreception.
    Also I really miss the days of Spider-Man having those after images to convey his movement and speed. It's hardly done in Miles' book.
    Indeed. Considering that Spider-Man's wall-crawling powers work through generating an electrostatic cling throughout his entire body, I could theorize that the spider-sense also works as an electrically based phenomenon, especially since Peter has used his to detect certain radio frequencies within the electromagnetic spectrum and synced to his spider-tracers. The kind of augmented strength and speed Spider-Man typically boasts could work through heightened bioelectrical activity supercharging the motor neurons in his muscles and the conductivity of his central nervous system, accelerating his reaction time and amplifying the force of his movements. With Miles being able to consciously manipulate his own bioelectricity, though, he could take that even further through his new "Venom Boost."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

I don’t understand why Spider-Man twitter is in an uproar about mile’s maxed power.

Didn’t Cody say he was going to show us what a full power venom blast enhanced punch looked like in this issue?!
    It's racism, it's nothing new. This happens to every Black character. They say they ONLY care about well written characters. What they really mean is, well written characters that's not Black. When you don't understand racism and how it works everything you think you know will just confuse you.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Same here.
    Me either.

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    It's racism, it's nothing new. This happens to every Black character. They say they ONLY care about well written characters. What they really mean is, well written characters that's not Black. When you don't understand racism and how it works everything you think you know will just confuse you.
    You aren’t lying about that.