Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    If there's any female character who makes sense in a bikini it's Tigra.

I was wondering why Sam Wilson was looking so good, and then I realised that he isn't trying to fly with the shield on one arm.
    I can imagine they can be pain to draw together.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can imagine they can be pain to draw together.
    You can show a character running with a shield, but a character flying with a shield looks unbalanced. (Which direction is it protecting him from? If it's the front it's not aerodynamic.)
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Blood Hunt #4 variant by Tony Daniel

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ils-jed-mackay
    Miles fits in. I wonder if he’ll ever join the Avengers again

RIP. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get something similar in the future

James Ham, the associate animation director at Insomniac payed tribute to Toriyama by posting a clip of Miles finishing move in the game that was influenced by the Kamehameha Wave.

RIP Master Toriyama.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 03-11-2024 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    James Ham, the associate animation director at Insomniac payed tribute to Toriyama by posting a clip of Miles finishing move in the game that was influenced by the Kamehameha Wave.

RIP Master Toriyama.
    Miles becoming so associated with Dragonball (or manga/anime in genera)l isn't something I expected, but I'm pretty happy to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    It's possible, the Avengers could use some members that were created more recently.
    RIP. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get something similar in the future
    I have no doubt that we will, DBZ has been a massive influence on this run's art and as far as I remember we haven't gotten a Goku reference yet.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post

RIP Master Toriyama.
    Miles becoming so associated with Dragonball (or manga/anime in genera)l isn't something I expected, but I'm pretty happy to see it.
    The hyperkinetic flow of a good amount of Japanese animation, especially during action scenes or sequences, is practically tailor-made for (a) Spider-Man, given the comics' emphasis on his superhuman agility via death- and gravity-defying acrobatic feats. Hell, I've been saying for a while that if Spider-Man was to get an anime adaptation (as opposed to merely featuring in anime as a supporting cast member or guest star), the anime should take some cues for his web-slinging from Attack on Titan's 3D/Omnidirectional Maneuver Gear sequences, as well as the camera-bending acrobatics of the nanomachine-augmented Amalgams from Blassreiter.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The hyperkinetic flow of a good amount of Japanese animation, especially during action scenes or sequences, is practically tailor-made for (a) Spider-Man, given the comics' emphasis on his superhuman agility via death- and gravity-defying acrobatic feats. Hell, I've been saying for a while that if Spider-Man was to get an anime adaptation (as opposed to merely featuring in anime as a supporting cast member or guest star), the anime should take some cues for his web-slinging from Attack on Titan's 3D/Omnidirectional Maneuver Gear sequences, as well as the camera-bending acrobatics of the nanomachine-augmented Amalgams from Blassreiter.
    Horakoshi the author of My Hero Academia was also inspired by spider-man.

Deku has danger since and black whip and if that’s not soider-man inspired then I don’t know what is lol

Preview of Mile’s new sinister 6.

https://www.threads.net/@yayforzig/p...PeMugyjvhE6-vQ

Spider-Man on the Avengers never works.
    Ziglar's run probably helped. I guess there were also some anime-esque aspects to Spider-Verse.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShadow View Post
    Preview of Mile’s new sinister 6.

https://www.threads.net/@yayforzig/p...PeMugyjvhE6-vQ
    Gao looks so out of palce .

It could work if the Avengers writers wrote him as someone who belongs on the Avengers.

(The real reason Spider-man isn't on the Avengers is that Spider-man is Marvel's A-list, and the real function of the Avengers is to hype Marvel's B-list heroes. Depending on how you define the difference between A-list and B-list of course: but I'm going to draw the line at characters for whom Marvel had sold the film rights before they started the MCU. (*))

(*) that's a necessary not sufficient condition, before anybody says Ghost Rider.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Ziglar's run probably helped. I guess there were also some anime-esque aspects to Spider-Verse.

Gao looks so out of palce .
    lol she does doesn’t she?

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    It could work if the Avengers writers wrote him as someone who belongs on the Avengers.

(The real reason Spider-man isn't on the Avengers is that Spider-man is Marvel's A-list, and the real function of the Avengers is to hype Marvel's B-list heroes. Depending on how you define the difference between A-list and B-list of course: but I'm going to draw the line at characters for whom Marvel had sold the film rights before they started the MCU. (*))

(*) that's a necessary not sufficient condition, before anybody says Ghost Rider.
    He's a solo guy, he's not really designed to complement a team outside team-up scenarios where he's the wild card or where he's the one in the lead role (like how people felt like he should've been leading the Champions instead of Kamala).

Might be her variant for Spectacular Spider-Men #2.
    You were right about Carmen’s WIP of Peter and Miles.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4bSXoxs...94bmNnNnVsMW9k

He's a solo guy, he's not really designed to complement a team outside team-up scenarios where he's the wild card or where he's the one in the lead role (like how people felt like he should've been leading the Champions instead of Kamala).
    Actually I think being more of a solo guy equates more to Peter than to Miles. I think there have been a few character breakdowns in the past that said thanks to how different their up brining's were, Miles is more inclined to join teams than Peter was at that age.

Since Peter had to take on a lot of responsibility after Uncle Ben died he probably developed a more severe case of "Parker Pride" that Aunt May describes as a family tradition of taking on too much yourself without asking for help until it's almost too late. Anna Maria Marconi also stated that this issue could be reinforced by some kind of guilt complex Peter has had for years due to the circumstances of Uncle Ben's death.

Miles on the other hand has had a very healthy upbringing with very supportive parents and uncle (leaving aside the prowler business that was revealed later in the ultimate universe and around the end of Bendis' 616 run). So that support structure early on in Miles' life could have given him an instinctive nature to be more willing to join teams later on with the Avengers, Champions, etc. It also helps that he's willing to talk more about his issues listen to advice and seek professional help (like in Ziglar's current run). This may also be why Miles has a better track record of getting some villains to actually like him (to a certain extent) even during a fight.

Also in terms of the Champions I think Zub's run showed off better why Miles could easily lead a team as well, since there were a lot more moments were he took point in a situation when Ms. Marvel couldn't, and acted more like a second in command and strong pillar in the team than he did during Waid's run.