Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShadow View Post
    That’s true.

I think it would’ve been cool since Peter was the first teen superhero to appear comics.

Miles would’ve been the first teen antihero to appear in modern comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Peter was the first teen superhero who wasn't a sidekick or part of a team or the past self of an established superhero.
    He wasn't even that. Ever heard of the Star Spangled Kid? The golden age version was a teenage hero with an adult sidekick, Stripesy. They were on the Seven Soldiers of Victory team, but did also have solo adventures in the golden age. They ended up time displaced, Star Spangled Kid became the leader of 1980s team Infinity Inc as Skyman before dying, while Stripesy became the stepfather of the second Star Spangled Kid in the 1990s, who later became Stargirl.

Peter's only the first teen superhero to not be a sidekick or younger version of an established hero and have his own book. Supergirl's older but didn't have her own comic yet in 1962.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-23-2024 at 10:50 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He wasn't even that. Ever heard of the Star Spangled Kid? The golden age version was a teenage hero with an adult sidekick, Stripesy. They were on the Seven Soldiers of Victory team, but did also have solo adventures in the golden age. They ended up time displaced, Star Spangled Kid became the leader of 1980s team Infinity Inc as Skyman before dying, while Stripesy became the stepfather of the second Star Spangled Kid in the 1990s, who later became Stargirl.

Peter's only the first teen superhero to not be a sidekick or younger version of an established hero and have his own book. Supergirl's older but didn't have her own comic yet in 1962.
    No, I haven’t heard of him.

Civilian name Sylvester Pemberton. Debuted as the lead feature in Star-Spangled Comics in 1941 (but it was an anthology, not actually his own book, despite the name). So he existed twenty years before Spider-Man!
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Sylvester...on_(New_Earth)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Civilian name Sylvester Pemberton. Debuted as the lead feature in Star-Spangled Comics in 1941 (but it was an anthology, not actually his own book, despite the name). So he existed twenty years before Spider-Man!
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Sylvester...on_(New_Earth)
    Oh, I didn’t know that.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Lmbo that’s a good one.
    Thanks.

Great history lesson there. Sincerely intended.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks.

You’re welcome.

Great history lesson there. Sincerely intended.
    For real it was.

[QUOTE=Huntsman Spider;6762355]Thanks.

You’re welcome.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/22/ma...an-18-lgy-300/

Preview for next week issue, More Miles, following the friendly neighborhood model to a tee even in the Bar with no Name.
    Looks good so far, really curious how Ziglar will pace this issue since the Rabble & sinister six fight seem to be the main plot of the issue.
    I also thought marvel would make a bigger deal of this issue, no trailer and barely an interview with ign for Ziglar is all we get? Not even a post on the social media accounts, thought this would get the Moon Knight #25 treatment. I'm not mad or anything because I have no doubt I'll still like the issue but the lack of promotion is puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Looks good so far, really curious how Ziglar will pace this issue since the Rabble & sinister six fight seem to be the main plot of the issue.
    I also thought marvel would make a bigger deal of this issue, no trailer and barely an interview with ign for Ziglar is all we get? Not even a post on the social media accounts, thought this would get the Moon Knight #25 treatment. I'm not mad or anything because I have no doubt I'll still like the issue but the lack of promotion is puzzling.
    Very true, it's been really quiet compared to what you'd expect considering that they decided to label it 300 and how many artists are working on it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Very true, it's been really quiet compared to what you'd expect considering that they decided to label it 300 and how many artists are working on it.
    Yeah . . . I'm rather bewildered myself.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This looks like a cool alternate design for an insomniac Miles suit.

https://pin.it/4XhsoaxRe
    Last edited by FlyingShadow; 03-26-2024 at 07:19 PM.

This looks like a cool alternate design for an insomniac Miles suit.

https://pin.it/4XhsoaxRe
    Looks like the black version of the track suit
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Looks like the black version of the track suit
    It does.

They actually have a new alternate version of the track suit that’s black and red in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah . . . I'm rather bewildered myself.
    I think I can kind of see why Marvel might have wanted to be a little secretive with this issue.

Miles is something else

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I think I can kind of see why Marvel might have wanted to be a little secretive with this issue.

Miles is something else
    Yeah Miles Maxed-power looks so lit!!

Spoiler.
    IMG_0959.jpg

I also believe that in the next issue miles will have no choice but to kill Raheem.

Because she truly is unstable.