Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/22/ma...an-18-lgy-300/

Preview for next week issue, More Miles, following the friendly neighborhood model to a tee even in the Bar with no Name.

Niffleheim

Too bad Miles isn't getting a Marvel's Voice: Pride one-shot, I wouldn't mind getting an update on Kenneth Kingston (the little kid that designed his pink costume)

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...l-summers-loki
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Why would Miles be in a Pride one? He isn't LGBTQ. The themes he'd fit in would be Spider-Verse, Latino, and Black Power.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The last time Miles went into that bar it turned out better!

(Peter totally would not have cared about being underage if he were in that position).

So now writers remember Kamala's shapeshifting powers just because they got her killed (and I guess that's why her face looked that way?)

Shift now stuck with extra arms.

Which is also funny when Miles has been paired with both (just not 616 Gwen).
    I'm not surprised Kamala was angry at that suggestion. How do they know someone in there doesn't have a magic knife, which is what got her killed? And there'd be no coming back this time because the Krakoan Resurrection Protocols are off the board due to the Five being in the White Hot Room. And with Krakoa about to end they're unlikely to resume. She'll probably never impersonate another person ever again. Cyclops was right that she was best not actually remembering what happened (instead being told what happened by Peter), as if she actually remembered her death (or her earlier death that Mephisto reversed in Champions) then she might have PTSD. She's still clearly afraid of the possible consequences.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-22-2024 at 02:49 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why would Miles be in a Pride one? He isn't LGBTQ. The themes he'd fit in would be Spider-Verse, Latino, and Black Power.
    The next Marvel's Voice Pride is about allies lol
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/22/ma...an-18-lgy-300/

Preview for next week issue, More Miles, following the friendly neighborhood model to a tee even in the Bar with no Name.
    Solid energy, Just missing Miles attempting to order a glass of milk.

From that solicit for Spectacular #4 it looks like the Kamiles date was a dream of some sort.

Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

I have a question for you guys.

How would you guys feel if Brian Micheal Bendis went the “anti hero” route with miles as Spider-Man?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShadow View Post
    I have a question for you guys.

How would you guys feel if Brian Micheal Bendis went the “anti hero” route with miles as Spider-Man?
    When you say anti-hero, do you mean like as on the same level as Frank Castle?
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-22-2024 at 11:58 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    When you say anti-hero, do you mean like as on the same level as Frank Castle?
    No, not on the same level as the punisher but more so the back in black attitude that Peter had in that storyline with a mix of Batman.

The intense drive to get things done with using fear tactics.

He did it with Mr.Roxson, when he talked about his mother’s death and Miles threw him out the building and had talk with him outside.
    Last edited by FlyingShadow; 03-23-2024 at 07:44 AM.

No, not on the same level as the punisher but more so the back in black attitude that Peter had in that storyline with a mix of Batman.

The intense drive to get things done with using fear tactics.

He did it with Mr.Roxson, when he talked about his mother’s death and Miles threw him out the building and had talk with him outside.
    Could've been interesting, you don't typically see younger heroes characterized as antiheroes.

It seemed like maybe Bendis was trying to lead into something like that when Fabio mentioned that Miles' anger could give him an edge as a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Could've been interesting, you don't typically see younger heroes characterized as antiheroes.
    That’s true.

I think it would’ve been cool since Peter was the first teen superhero to appear comics.

Miles would’ve been the first teen antihero to appear in modern comics.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    It seemed like maybe Bendis was trying to lead into something like that when Fabio mentioned that Miles' anger could give him an edge as a hero.

Yes!!

This is what I was talking about.

But I also believe that bendis was trying to strip him away from the spider-man mantle.

Which he didn’t need to do.

I think it would’ve been cool since Peter was the first teen superhero to appear comics.
    Peter was the first teen superhero who wasn't a sidekick or part of a team or the past self of an established superhero.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Peter was the first teen superhero who wasn't a sidekick or part of a team or the past self of an established superhero.
    Yeah, that’s what I meant.