Page 31 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

Cody just dropped a new panel from an upcoming issue and it looks intense.

https://www.threads.net/@yayforzig/p...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShadow View Post

I think Dragonick said earlier but fighting without masks makes things feel more personal and I'm here for it. Federico Vicentini deserves to get more recognition (not too much though or else marvel might move him to a more high profile book lol), he's a top 10 artists working at the big 2 right now.

There's the manga reaction shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    I think Dragonick said earlier but fighting without masks makes things feel more personal and I'm here for it. Federico Vicentini deserves to get more recognition (not too much though or else marvel might move him to a more high profile book lol), he's a top 10 artists working at the big 2 right now.
    Yeah I agree with you Vicentini is an outstanding artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's the manga reaction shots.
    lol it definitely looks like it.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Issue was one giant brawl, which man i love the art of this series. Scorpion gets a fairly good showing here. Feels on brand for Kingsley spoilers:
    that his ambitions as a crimeboss collapsed because literally all of his hired muscle bails on him the second they get a better offer. Rabble similarly jumps ship to Masque.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Issue was one giant brawl, which man i love the art of this series. Scorpion gets a fairly good showing here. Feels on brand for Kingsley spoilers:
    that his ambitions as a crimeboss collapsed because literally all of his hired muscle bails on him the second they get a better offer. Rabble similarly jumps ship to Masque.
    end of spoilers
    What comic is this?

Niffleheim

What comic is this?
    miles morales: spider-man #16
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Looks like Miles wasn't betrayed, but it was instead Rabble betraying Hobgoblin, but it felt dumb and no way impactful at all

Today's issue was pretty good, and the art was great as usual.
    spoilers:
    The betrayal of Hobgoblin's hired muscle, while unexpected, wasn't particularly impactful. We knew it wasn't going to be as massive as the solicit implied, but that felt especially empty. Most I could see developing from this is Gao getting a bunch of new Z listers for Miles to smack around.

Also I don't know if this is going to be plot relevant later or if it was just an art mistake, but did anyone else find it weird that Aaron was no where to be seen in this issue? He was with Miles, Kamala, and Gust at the end of the last issue but was totally absent this issue.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah like Scorpion said all Goblins are untrustworthy.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    miles morales: spider-man #16
    Ok thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Today's issue was pretty good, and the art was great as usual.
    spoilers:
    Also I don't know if this is going to be plot relevant later or if it was just an art mistake, but did anyone else find it weird that Aaron was no where to be seen in this issue? He was with Miles, Kamala, and Gust at the end of the last issue but was totally absent this issue.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The last time we saw him, he split up from the rest of the group to do something else. I'm not exactly sure what though. It's strange that he doesn't show up here.

I think he might save Hobgoblin from the explosion and pretend to keep working with him. I'm sure Kingsley will have massive trust issues right now, so that would be difficult.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    spoilers:
    The last time we saw him, he split up from the rest of the group to do something else. I'm not exactly sure what though. It's strange that he doesn't show up here.

I think he might save Hobgoblin from the explosion and pretend to keep working with him. I'm sure Kingsley will have massive trust issues right now, so that would be difficult.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'd forgotten that they split up. I can't imagine what he could've went to do though since we never see what he's doing or even see him escape. Last issue he apologized to Miles for keeping him out of the loop, so if he has another plan it really makes him inconsiderate.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Issue #16 was pretty cool, the weakest of the gang war issues but still good. spoilers:
    I called rabble betraying hobgoblin but it was pretty obvious, hobgoblin getting betrayed by his goons was a logical outcome but it happened too fast for me. Scorpion's line of any goblin will betray you was pretty funny. Gust once again continues to be too pure for this world
    end of spoilers
    Vicentini continues to crush it on art and can't wait for what he does in 300. I'll probably post my thoughts on the gang war arc either later today or tommorow but so far gang war has been a good event for miles

This is the best use of Hobgoblin and Scorpion in years.