Page 32 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is the best use of Hobgoblin and Scorpion in years.
    100% facts, this is why I have a problem with people who say miles shouldn't use any "peter villians", if they're getting used more effectively with miles than in ASM why not.

Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    100% facts, this is why I have a problem with people who say miles shouldn't use any "peter villians", if they're getting used more effectively with miles than in ASM why not.
    And they still get beat by spider-man but just a cooler one lol

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShadow View Post
    And they still get beat by spider-man but just a cooler one lol
    Definitely the more competent one .

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Issue #16 was pretty cool, the weakest of the gang war issues but still good. spoilers:
    I called rabble betraying hobgoblin but it was pretty obvious, hobgoblin getting betrayed by his goons was a logical outcome but it happened too fast for me. Scorpion's line of any goblin will betray you was pretty funny. Gust once again continues to be too pure for this world
    end of spoilers
    Vicentini continues to crush it on art and can't wait for what he does in 300. I'll probably post my thoughts on the gang war arc either later today or tommorow but so far gang war has been a good event for miles
    Agreed on it being the weakest of the gang war issues, I'll also say it's the first issue where I feel like it being part of an event is disruptive. And it's not even this issue I get the feeling from.
    spoilers:
    I feel like the next issue is going to feel off since Rabble ran off to join Madame Masque and there's the big fight going on at the park. In ASM 43 Miles and Rabble do end up fighting and will likely continue to fight in issue 44, since we know Rabble is going to be the villain of the next two issues we know she has to escape somehow. If someone doesn't read ASM, I don't know how it's going to transition from Rabble escaping in issue 16 to her being immediately back next issue. It would've been much smoother if at the end Miles just went to track Rabble down.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

Definitely the more competent one .
    Lmbo yeah.

Tons of action this issue. Pretty good fights all around spoilers:
    Although what happened to Uncle Aaron?
    end of spoilers

Pace was a bit fast and it was here I think a bi monthly release could have really helped out. I just wouldn't want the art to be sacrificed for those extra pages though. I guess the major take away from Miles bit in Gang War is spoilers:
    Agent Gao's capekillers ranks have expanded quite a bit thanks to Gargan. Curious however if they're going to be loyal to the program itself or to Scorpion.
    Also after being treated to such spectacular fights in this book I'm a bit miffed that the final confrontation with Rabble is going to take place in ASM. I just don't think we'll get half of the energy there then if it was taking place in MM:SM. Not to mention it will be a side fight out of the 3 or 4 that are happening in that next issue.
    end of spoilers

Since the Gang War arc ended I thought I'd give my thoughts on the arc as a whole. I've said this multiple times but the biggest piece of praise I can give this this arc is that it doesn't feel like an event tie-in arc at all. Ziglar brings in enough elements from previous issues (Cape killers, rabble, hobgoblin, etc) while folding into the gang war status quo that this feels like the next arc he had planned for the run instead of an abrupt stop. Others had said it but I think Scorpion and Hobgoblin are the MVPS of the arc (along with Gust, she must be protected). Hobgoblin getting to be a legitimate threat again while Scorpion continues to develop into this big brother/uncle/tsundere role are the most interesting things those characters have done in decades (I'm ignoring Venom Scorpion lol). Vicentini continues to deliver a masterclass on dynamic action that elevates this book to the next level. My biggest complaint is that I felt the ending was the weakest part of the arc, its the only time I felt like this was a tie-in to an event. I also didn't care for the fill-in artist they paired Vicentini with, it was only a few pages but still, I hope Elonora Carlini becomes the fill-in artist for the book going forward.
    Overall I give Gang War an 8.5/10, #13 is probably my favorite issue. #17 comes out in 2 weeks, Zip Zephry hype!

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Tons of action this issue. Pretty good fights all around spoilers:
    Although what happened to Uncle Aaron?
    end of spoilers

Pace was a bit fast and it was here I think a bi monthly release could have really helped out. I just wouldn't want the art to be sacrificed for those extra pages though. I guess the major take away from Miles bit in Gang War is spoilers:
    Agent Gao's capekillers ranks have expanded quite a bit thanks to Gargan. Curious however if they're going to be loyal to the program itself or to Scorpion.
    Also after being treated to such spectacular fights in this book I'm a bit miffed that the final confrontation with Rabble is going to take place in ASM. I just don't think we'll get half of the energy there then if it was taking place in MM:SM. Not to mention it will be a side fight out of the 3 or 4 that are happening in that next issue.
    end of spoilers
    I have a hard time believing that the final confrontation will be in ASM. It just wouldn't make sense since she's coming back in the next two issues.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Guys, #17 is actually going to be about Miles' confrontation with Rabble during the big gang war happening in the central story.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Guys, #17 is actually going to be about Miles' confrontation with Rabble during the big gang war happening in the central story.
    Yeah, ASM just set up their solo fight.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Yeah, ASM just set up their solo fight.
    Which I'm realizing, they technically don't advertise the next issue as another tie-in even though its actually the finale to Miles' tie-ins.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Which I'm realizing, they technically don't advertise the next issue as another tie-in even though its actually the finale to Miles' tie-ins.
    Yeah, for some reason all of the "Gang War" aftermath issues arent really considered as part of the main event

An atom of gold has 79 protons and 118 neutrons in its nucleus. The electric force of the protons on the electrons around them shapes the atom and gives gold its chemical properties, like that it doesn't rust and that it's kind of shiny and bendy. So what happens when goldbug fires his gold gun at Starling and turns its feathers into gold? All the light elements like hydrogen, carbon and oxygen gain electrons and protons and neutrons to become gold. Not only are her wings suddenly 33 times more massive, they're also much too dense. The gold atoms are far more close together than they like and repel each other violently, causing the wings to explode with the energy of half a ton of TNT, leaving only some gold dust and the scattered remains of the very dead Goldbug, Starling, Scorpion, Shocker, Glurp, Man-Bull and Ricadonna.

These are the Blood Hunt tie-ins revealed so far

So Miles is either getting a one shot, tie-in issues in his own book or he'll just be in the main event book (unlikely imo).

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    These are the Blood Hunt tie-ins revealed so far

So Miles is either getting a one shot, tie-in issues in his own book or he'll just be in the main event book (unlikely imo).
    Listen man, be both know the book's about to go to 3 month tie in jail don't give me hope that he'll only appear in the main event book lol.
    On the plus side this same thing happened to AL Ewing when he first started at marvel and now he's one of the best writers, maybe there's a correlation