Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

David Marquez variant for Spectacular Spider-Men #1

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-david-marquez

So Miles officially got de-aged to 16 years old or Weisman isn't being literal with ages. If his age isn't mentioned in-story I guess it could be easily ignored.

And I'm still not sold on this student-mentor relationship they've been trying to push with Miles and Peter lately.

Niffleheim

It sounds like the student is the mentor here which is a bit warped anyway David Marquez a blast from the past.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post

So Miles officially got de-aged to 16 years old or Weisman isn't being literal with ages. If his age isn't mentioned in-story I guess it could be easily ignored.

And I'm still not sold on this student-mentor relationship they've been trying to push with Miles and Peter lately.
    I blame Insomniac. Or the people who really want Peter and Miles to be a thing even when it isn't.

Fantastic Member

love love ramos an issue 1 will sell big but tihs book is going to fail no pun intended spectactuarly...just give us more than 24 issues of amazing and give us 18 plus of miles book a year thats what my customers want not some lame team up book that s goign to have no regard for continuity

Niffleheim

maybe their goal was a spider-men mini series that became spectacular spider-men ongoing. however it turns out it isn't going to be a big disappointment.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    It sounds like the student is the mentor here which is a bit warped anyway David Marquez a blast from the past.
    I pray not... Peter needs to actually shown to be, ya know... competent. I like Miles, but Peter should really be shown in a far better light right now.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Here’s the thing, this might be building off their mentor student history that we never got to see in 616 when Miles was reborn, since it seems Peter and Miles have 2 separate memories of meeting, Spider-Men, and the rewritten history that hasn’t really been explored outside of some cartoonish flashbacks in Bendis’ Spider-Man run for Miles in 616. He pretty soon after shelved that concept though in Spider-Men 2 and had them talk like the only history they really think about was their original history of Peter traveling to the Ultimate Universe and meeting Miles.

We don’t actually know how their “false new memories” I guess of meeting in 616, Peter may have mentored Miles for a while like in Insomniac, before they most likely both remembered how they actually met and Miles remembered he had done it all on his own without Peter’s help in his own universe for years. Basically when they were both implanted back into the reborn 616 they now have new memories of 616 Peter being somewhat of a mentor to Miles, even if they still do remember and always reference that that’s not actually how it happened and Miles is his own independent Spider-Man that became a hero on his own without Peter’s help.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I pray not... Peter needs to actually shown to be, ya know... competent. I like Miles, but Peter should really be shown in a far better light right now.
    I'm not worried about that from Weisman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Here’s the thing, this might be building off their mentor student history that we never got to see in 616 when Miles was reborn, since it seems Peter and Miles have 2 separate memories of meeting, Spider-Men, and the rewritten history that hasn’t really been explored outside of some cartoonish flashbacks in Bendis’ Spider-Man run for Miles in 616. He pretty soon after shelved that concept though in Spider-Men 2 and had them talk like the only history they really think about was their original history of Peter traveling to the Ultimate Universe and meeting Miles.

We don’t actually know how their “false new memories” I guess of meeting in 616, Peter may have mentored Miles for a while like in Insomniac, before they most likely both remembered how they actually met and Miles remembered he had done it all on his own without Peter’s help in his own universe for years. Basically when they were both implanted back into the reborn 616 they now have new memories of 616 Peter being somewhat of a mentor to Miles, even if they still do remember and always reference that that’s not actually how it happened and Miles is his own independent Spider-Man that became a hero on his own without Peter’s help.
    I always got the sense the most "mentorship" Peter did was occasionally showing up and giving Miles advice, otherwise he just left him alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Giant-Sized kinda convinced me to try the rest of Ziglar's run although I had the same concern about how he portrayed Dylan-Venom compared to Ewing's book.

I think someone stuck in the 1610 Miles/Venom fight cuz it was a good character moment for Miles but Marvel erased it cuz they decided Miles shouldn't suffer.
    They included that reprint because it was the first Miles vs Venom. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as saying Marvel believes Miles shouldn't suffer, but as a Spider-Man, Miles does seem to deal with the death of major supports very seldom if you compare with all the people Peter has lost. Even Spider-Gwen had her uncle Ben in Earth-65 Peter. Since Secret Wars retconned Rio's death and erased o.g. Ultimate Peter(who came back anyway) Miles hasn't had that classic Spider-Man failure to result in the death of somebody dear.

Maybe issue 300 is when we see it. I think you don't have to kill supports frequently to have good stories or char growth, but it is a bit of a novelty in Spidey comics to have gone so long without him losing somebody.(Kamala doesn't count )
    Well, no, she doesn't count for Miles - it's Peter who had the trauma of losing Kamala because she died when fighting alongside him - both Spider-Men are her friend now, but it's Peter who feels guilty, as it happened on his watch. And how must he have felt, calling Miles to tell him the bad news? Miles probably was the one who then had to contact the other Champions though. It's definitely a relief to them both that she came back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Didn't know there was a One Piece reference in Across the Spider-verse. Miles has a 'One Slice' poster in his room lol. Is Miles going to learn Santoryu next?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/c...references_in/

Last edited by XenobladerX; 01-13-2024 at 01:45 PM.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Always nice to see marquez drawing miles, can't wait for his interiors in #300. I wouldn't be surprised if they de-aged miles to 16. Literally everyone at marvel has said letting Peter grow out of high-school so fast was one the their biggest mistakes so i don't see them letting miles graduate high-school anytime soon ( I think he stays in high-school at least another 5 years). I know in his interview Weisman talked about giving Peter and Miles a shared supporting cast but I wonder if any of miles' shows up in the series or if Ziglar references this series at all

Didn't know there was a One Piece reference in Across the Spider-verse. Miles has a 'One Slice' poster in his room lol. Is Miles going to learn Santoryu next?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/c...references_in/

I guess it was inevitable they'd make Aaron look more like Hobie's Prowler like the movies did.

From issue #16. Miles isn't playing around

Ultimate Member

Is he giving her a suplex??

I always love seeing superheroes use legit fighting/wrestling moves.

I guess that training from Misty is paying off.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

I think an underrated aspect of being a superhero comic writer is writing action scenes. Obviously the artist is the one who does 90% of the work during those scenes but being able to know what would look cool is a skill. Ziglar seems to have it and him using manga action panels as artist reference is proof of that. Vicentini continues to cook though.
    Also funny he posted this when we were just talking about him posting teases of social media