Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Happy New Year everyone, here's to a strong year for Miles. Here's the insignia variant for issue 300, it looks good in white.
    Nice cover. Big death or new suit?

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Happy New Year everyone!

Now that we're officially one year into Ziglar's and Vicentini's (hopefully long) run I thought it would be time to ask everyone how their feelings about the run now that it's 14 issues in. What are your general thoughts on the run, who's been your favorite character introduced, what's your favorite moment or issue, and what do you hope happens in the future for the run?

I've said this before but I think Ziglar has the best voice for miles in any of his previous comic runs. I like that Ziglar is mixing in new and older villains to really establish miles' rogue gallery. The art makes this one of the best looking books out right now. I think Vicentini is one of the best newer spider-man artists we've seen recently.

For me, the best new character is either Hightail or Rabble. I like hightail's growing dislike for miles as he keeps beating her, it went from her just doing her job with no feeling attached in issue #10 to #14 where given a choice from Gao actively chose to try to arrest him. I know Rabble is a very polarising character ( people seem to either hate her or love her) but I like hatin' ass villains and that's exactly what she is lol.

My favorite moment is the fight in issue #5 but issue #13 is probably my favorite issue of this run so far. It encaptures the entire run for me so far, Ziglar being forced into a tie in while continuing to do cool **** despite the fact.

All I want aside from Ziglar to continue to do what he's been doing is for the book to go at the minimum 5 issues without a tie in, and also have more moments of miles interacting with his friends and the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Depending on what happens in the issue it could be both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Happy New Year everyone!

Now that we're officially one year into Ziglar's and Vicentini's (hopefully long) run I thought it would be time to ask everyone how their feelings about the run now that it's 14 issues in. What are your general thoughts on the run, who's been your favorite character introduced, what's your favorite moment or issue, and what do you hope happens in the future for the run?

I've said this before but I think Ziglar has the best voice for miles in any of his previous comic runs. I like that Ziglar is mixing in new and older villains to really establish miles' rogue gallery. The art makes this one of the best looking books out right now. I think Vicentini is one of the best newer spider-man artists we've seen recently.

For me, the best new character is either Hightail or Rabble. I like hightail's growing dislike for miles as he keeps beating her, it went from her just doing her job with no feeling attached in issue #10 to #14 where given a choice from Gao actively chose to try to arrest him. I know Rabble is a very polarising character ( people seem to either hate her or love her) but I like hatin' ass villains and that's exactly what she is lol.

My favorite moment is the fight in issue #5 but issue #13 is probably my favorite issue of this run so far. It encaptures the entire run for me so far, Ziglar being forced into a tie in while continuing to do cool **** despite the fact.

All I want aside from Ziglar to continue to do what he's been doing is for the book to go at the minimum 5 issues without a tie in, and also have more moments of miles interacting with his friends and the school.
    I've been enjoying it for the most part. I'm just not ever going to be a fan of the mentorship thing, but it hasn't ruined my enjoyment besides a few eye rolling moments with Misty. The tie-in stuff hasn't bothered me because for the most part it gets foreshadowing before it happens. As a matter of fact my favorite moment is from the Carnage Reigns issue where Miles blows Cletus up by hitting the arc reactor. The line about going back into the burning building when the smoke is as thick as the hope is thin is my favorite Miles line of all time. And Rabble is my favorite new character, she's exactly what she needs to be obsessed and totally unreasonable.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 01-01-2024 at 07:11 PM.

Niffleheim

Initially I had to drop the book bc the writing for Miles, Tiana, Rabble and Misty's mentorship really just drove me insane but when I saw Blade being teased for the 2nd arc I quickly caught up and then I realized that I don't have that much tolerance for these sets of characters in this run they're just too over the top or out of character (Miles) lol! It's the first time I have felt like I shouldn't be reading a Miles' book but maybe things will change (I can't even complain about the use of a therapist bc I'm becoming indifferent). I enjoyed the 2nd arc a little more than the first and Misty was even funny when Ziglar had her and Colleen train Miles.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I think Rabble needs a better design.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A better name, too... Tinkerer is retired, give her that one.

Happy New Year everyone, here's to a strong year for Miles. Here's the insignia variant for issue 300, it looks good in white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    The colors make me think of Miles' negative powers from the Spider-Man 2 game. Considering Miles' current struggles with his mental health and some of the struggles that's been hinted at for the near future, I could see them possibly bringing in something similar into the comics. They were a blue-ish color most of the time in the game though.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    A better name, too... Tinkerer is retired, give her that one.
    Hmm, considering she's stepping into the Tinkerer's role with tech upgrades for various villains in Miles's rogues' gallery and such . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, considering she's stepping into the Tinkerer's role with tech upgrades for various villains in Miles's rogues' gallery and such . . .
    Well, she basically is like game Tinkerer, though even game Tinkerer had problems .

Ziglar posted these on Twitter first is from the Giant size issue.

And the second is from an upcoming issue with a character I don't recognize, but could be Rabble.

And the second is from an upcoming issue with a character I don't recognize, but could be Rabble.
    Those do look like her gauntlets and she could make energy weapons like that too.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Ziglar posted these on Twitter first is from the Giant size issue.

In the second image the character's eyes are glowing so I could be Rabble, her eyes glowed when using her powers, also it looks like energy weapons are in their hands similar to what Rabble uses. It's obvious the fight with Dylan was going to do the classic team up at the end, looks like they're fighting a new villian with purple energy/tech, this makes me think the character the editor mentioned would return in the giant size issue is just Rabble. Art looks good for both images tho

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Happy New Year everyone!

IMO Rabble is just not it yet, her design is fine, but i'm one of the ones who just could not get over her shitty backstory motivations to feud with Miles. It was so flimsy i could not take her seriously, especially given how Cody writes her with so much self-righteous rage, it got me cringeing a bit in those first issues. Here's hoping she wins me over like Tiana(kinda sorta) did in these next few issues.

But ignoring that i've been enjoying pretty much everything about this run apart from wanting more of specific things like the aforementioned hanging out with his supporting cast, more time dedicated to Brooklyn visions(he's a kid in a boarding school, he should spend most his time interacting with ppl there) and MORE original villains. I'm really happy Cody has been whipping up some new faces and giving them the shine like Rabble and Hightail, but i think we haven't reached Top tier status with any of his post Bendis villains as of yet. Vicentini's art has been amazing, some of my all-time favorite panels rivaling Pichelli as my favorite Miles artist.

So all in all, very positive impression on the run so far, i'm not even bothered by the ''mentorship'' thing, even though you can tell Cody is mostly tickling himself when he brings that stuff in, which i'm not fond of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    IMO Rabble is just not it yet, her design is fine, but i'm one of the ones who just could not get over her shitty backstory motivations to feud with Miles. It was so flimsy i could not take her seriously, especially given how Cody writes her with so much self-righteous rage, it got me cringeing a bit in those first issues. Here's hoping she wins me over like Tiana(kinda sorta) did in these next few issues.

But ignoring that i've been enjoying pretty much everything about this run apart from wanting more of specific things like the aforementioned hanging out with his supporting cast, more time dedicated to Brooklyn visions(he's a kid in a boarding school, he should spend most his time interacting with ppl there) and MORE original villains. I'm really happy Cody has been whipping up some new faces and giving them the shine like Rabble and Hightail, but i think we haven't reached Top tier status with any of his post Bendis villains as of yet. Vicentini's art has been amazing, some of my all-time favorite panels rivaling Pichelli as my favorite Miles artist.

So all in all, very positive impression on the run so far, i'm not even bothered by the ''mentorship'' thing, even though you can tell Cody is mostly tickling himself when he brings that stuff in, which i'm not fond of.
    Rabble's motivation only really works if you believe she's completely psychotic.

Fantastic Member

Rabble's motivation only really works if you believe she's completely psychotic.
    My headcannon for ''fixing'' Rabble's backstory/motivation problem would be to do just that, make her go full on cyberpsycho, CP2077 style, not totally incoherent but just enough to where she can be an intelectual scheming menace, but also clearly off her rocker, so her vendetta being totally unjustified by any metric of logic actually makes sense. Make her augment herself to insanity, like deathlok or that new Spider-gwen villain.