Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Rabble's motivation only really works if you believe she's completely psychotic.
    I already thought that she was supposed to come off as completely psychotic. She hasn't done anything that implies she's anything but an obsessed lunatic that went after the easiest target she could get. She would've done all this even if Miles didn't get powers and likely would go evil even if she did get into BVA and she just didn't get something she felt she deserved because she's an egomaniac.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I already thought that she was supposed to come off as completely psychotic. She hasn't done anything that implies she's anything but an obsessed lunatic that went after the easiest target she could get. She would've done all this even if Miles didn't get powers and likely would go evil even if she did get into BVA and she just didn't get something she felt she deserved because she's an egomaniac.
    I do find it kind of funny how she was like "not only did you steal my spot but you're not even that great a student!" as if that was the final straw .

Rabble's motivation only really works if you believe she's completely psychotic.
    Both Tiana and Ganke comment that she's crazy after she captures them. Tiana calls her motivation laughably petty. Pretty sure Miles calls her crazy when she blows up his Brooklyn home. I mean she's never really been presented as anything but.

She's also dangerous. She knows quite a bit about Miles, his friends, associates, family etc.
    To me, it's that mixture that makes her a bit compelling. It sets her apart from the usual villains Miles' tussles with.

Extraordinary Member

To me it makes sense if she WAS going to the school, and then when Molecule Man altered history so that Miles, Gahke, Bombshell and all their families were added to 616, Rabble then had her history changed, and this gave her a psychotic break.

That way, Rabble’s entire tragic history and spiral into villainy is a direct side effect of Miles.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    My headcannon for ''fixing'' Rabble's backstory/motivation problem would be to do just that, make her go full on cyberpsycho, CP2077 style, not totally incoherent but just enough to where she can be an intelectual scheming menace, but also clearly off her rocker, so her vendetta being totally unjustified by any metric of logic actually makes sense. Make her augment herself to insanity, like deathlok or that new Spider-gwen villain.
    I do find it kind of funny how she was like "not only did you steal my spot but you're not even that great a student!" as if that was the final straw .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Both Tiana and Ganke comment that she's crazy after she captures them. Tiana calls her motivation laughably petty. Pretty sure Miles calls her crazy when she blows up his Brooklyn home. I mean she's never really been presented as anything but.

She's also dangerous. She knows quite a bit about Miles, his friends, associates, family etc.
    To me, it's that mixture that makes her a bit compelling. It sets her apart from the usual villains Miles' tussles with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    To me it makes sense if she WAS going to the school, and then when Molecule Man altered history so that Miles, Gahke, Bombshell and all their families were added to 616, Rabble then had her history changed, and this gave her a psychotic break.

That way, Rabble’s entire tragic history and spiral into villainy is a direct side effect of Miles.
    Funny enough, that last one was kind of what Bendis touched on in his final years at Marvel, in his Jessica Jones solo, with her investigating a killer who turned out to be someone who snapped after somehow realizing that the universe they lived in had been destroyed and reconstructed during Secret Wars, and that it wasn't even the only universe that existed, which provoked a psychotic breakdown followed by descent into murderous nihilism. And yes, considering Rabble's powers over technology and how unstable they were becoming, to go with her mental state, her going into full-tilt cyberpsychosis, to crib from Cyberpunk 2077 and the Cyberpunk tabletop game preceding it, would be sensible.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Wouldn't be surprised if prolonged use of her powers is part of the reason for her deteriorating mental state. And it's only going to get worse the more she pushes herself to get back at Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if prolonged use of her powers is part of the reason for her deteriorating mental state. And it's only going to get worse the more she pushes herself to get back at Miles.
    She was getting those nosebleeds you see telepaths/psychics get whenever they start pushing hard using their powers.

The way I see things going with Rabble is that her power over usage will result in some form of accident that leaves her as no longer human. Or she goes for the mutually assured destruction route and Miles fails to save her. Maybe that's what the white insignia variant cover is for, a failure to save a life, not that she'd actually die of course.

The way I see things going with Rabble is that her power over usage will result in some form of accident that leaves her as no longer human. Or she goes for the mutually assured destruction route and Miles fails to save her. Maybe that's what the white insignia variant cover is for, a failure to save a life, not that she'd actually die of course.
    She tried that the last time they fought which resulted in a huge explosion that even messed Miles up pretty bad. She might be a full on cyborg next time we see her.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

She tried that the last time they fought which resulted in a huge explosion that even messed Miles up pretty bad. She might be a full on cyborg next time we see her.
    So . . . she'll be a full-on cyberpsycho, to continue the Cyberpunk 2020/RED/2077 analogy, then.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

So its basically confirmed Rabble's the character that was hinted at in the letters page. Cool idea to have her give upgraded tech to low level crims, also it's nice to see miles do some detective work, I was worried Ziglar wasn't going to get the chance to explore that set up from issue #5 because ofthe tie ins. Overall looks good just wish this wasn't $7 for 20 pages of new story lol
    Last edited by Trapgodthanos; 01-04-2024 at 01:33 PM.

Very cool, and I figured the therapy would result in something similar to what's being shown. It's "video gamey" but appropriate and cool. I think it's their nervous system that he's seeing, which also ties the spider sense and bio-electrokinesis of the venom power together nicely. Also the name Black Obsidian sounds familiar, I think it was one of the names future Miles mentioned in that short story by Ziglar in the anniversary issue if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 01-04-2024 at 01:56 PM.

Also the name Black Obsidian sounds familiar, I think it was one of the names future Miles mentioned in that short story by Ziglar in the anniversary issue if I remember correctly.
    Yeah

I didn't really like that story all that much, but it's kinda neat that he's referencing it.

I was happy to see Dylan take out Misty, she was getting kind of annoying there.

But hey, upgraded Spider-Sense! At this point Miles may as well take over the franchise because Peter will be the weakest Spider-Man.

But wait, how does Miles' Spider-Sense register Venom? Symbiotes don't register on Spider-Sense.