Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Yeah

I didn't really like that story all that much, but it's kinda neat that he's referencing it.
    I wasn't the biggest fan either, but it's cool to see it getting referenced. And now everyone except Zip Zephyr has shown up somewhere, even though Queen Goblin was never in Miles' book, though it is possible Gust is just a reworked Zip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was happy to see Dylan take out Misty, she was getting kind of annoying there.

But hey, upgraded Spider-Sense! At this point Miles may as well take over the franchise because Peter will be the weakest Spider-Man.

But wait, how does Miles' Spider-Sense register Venom? Symbiotes don't register on Spider-Sense.
    Agreed about Misty, she talks a big game for someone that gets battered aside in I almost every confrontation she's been in since she first showed up in the book.

And it's not like Peter being weaker than the other spiders is anything new. Mayday has her magnetism powers and a powerful spider sense and if I remember correctly Kaine once took on Peter and Ben at the same time and won.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Agreed about Misty, she talks a big game for someone that gets battered aside in I almost every confrontation she's been in since she first showed up in the book.
    Reminds me when she and Colleen felt so insulted they got beat by Doc Ock .
    And it's not like Peter being weaker than the other spiders is anything new. Mayday has her magnetism powers and a powerful spider sense and if I remember correctly Kaine once took on Peter and Ben at the same time and won.
    I guess it just stands out more when he's treated like a complete joke in his own book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I was happy to see Dylan take out Misty, she was getting kind of annoying there.

But hey, upgraded Spider-Sense! At this point Miles may as well take over the franchise because Peter will be the weakest Spider-Man.

But wait, how does Miles' Spider-Sense register Venom? Symbiotes don't register on Spider-Sense.
    Symbiotes don't register on Peter's spider-sense because most of the ones that appear on Earth descended from the Venom symbiote that was previously bonded with him before he knew it was a somewhat carnivorous and sometimes-malevolent alien lifeform and not a really cool "alien costume." Back in the 1990s when Ben Reilly as the Scarlet Spider tangled with Eddie Brock/Venom, his advantage was that he was created before Peter bonded with the symbiote and thus his spider-sense could still detect Venom. Same logic would apply to Miles, at least not counting the universe(s) where he did bond with a symbiote, as technically the one he bonded with in mainline canon (Absolute Carnage) was an offshoot of Carnage and not Venom, unlike in the Dark Ages A/U miniseries where he bonded with both.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Miles is really specc'ing into a stealth build right now. Looks like he's getting the idea to try and train or develop his Spider sense somewhat. I think getting on the level of assassin Spidey takes like a life time of effort, so I don't think he's going to get that advanced but it's always something I thought any Spider could do.

I'm more confident about my predictions for the basic plot of this story now. Dylan and Miles cross paths, and he decides to go all 'Lethal Protector' on this Black Obsidian. They fight then probably team up. Should be decent.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I wasn't the biggest fan either, but it's cool to see it getting referenced. And now everyone except Zip Zephyr has shown up somewhere, even though Queen Goblin was never in Miles' book, though it is possible Gust is just a reworked Zip.

Good catch on the gust angle I could see that or maybe if gust becomes a straight up supervillian, she changes her name

Doesnt that only apply to Peter to the symbiote bonding to him? But yeah Miles got another interesting power up. Peter will forever be the Ryu of the Spider-Man
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Doesnt that only apply to Peter to the symbiote bonding to him? But yeah Miles got another interesting power up. Peter will forever be the Ryu of the Spider-Man
    The template on and formula from which all the others are based and derived? Yeah, that tracks. To quote Adam, the second Black Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger, during the "Once a Ranger" arc of Operation Overdrive celebrating what was then 15 seasons of Power Rangers in reaction to his fellow "Retro Rangers'" flashier "civilian form" abilities and gimmicks: "It might be old-school, but it still gets the job done." That's how I feel about Peter as the OG Spider-Man; he may seem basic compared to what the others who have since succeeded or followed him bring to the table, but he was the one who set the table they all eat from in the first place, so he deserves his flowers, too, as they say today.

Happy 2024 to my favorite 21st Century American Comic Book Superhero. I hope Miles continues to kill it in 2024.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Happy 2024 to my favorite 21st Century American Comic Book Superhero. I hope Miles continues to kill it in 2024.
    Same here. He's been on a winning streak so far, and I'm hoping he has a big role in Jed MacKay's Blood Hunt, given his recent team-up with Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    For me, the best new character is either Hightail or Rabble. I like hightail's growing dislike for miles as he keeps beating her, it went from her just doing her job with no feeling attached in issue #10 to #14 where given a choice from Gao actively chose to try to arrest him. I know Rabble is a very polarising character ( people seem to either hate her or love her) but I like hatin' ass villains and that's exactly what she is lol.
    Of course, now she's assaulting and trying to arrest federal agents, and could end up in federal prison for it. Supremacy clause, don'tcha know.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Miles basically doing what he and Peter do in the games. Neat . As cool as Miles’ new abilities are they just gotta stick around in other media and other writers for them to last. There’s nothing stopping Peter from doing the same thing, but every writer basically wants to keep Peter in a bubble of just staring from 0 with every new run. Let’s not make it a habit with Miles . Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The template on and formula from which all the others are based and derived? Yeah, that tracks. To quote Adam, the second Black Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger, during the "Once a Ranger" arc of Operation Overdrive celebrating what was then 15 seasons of Power Rangers in reaction to his fellow "Retro Rangers'" flashier "civilian form" abilities and gimmicks: "It might be old-school, but it still gets the job done." That's how I feel about Peter as the OG Spider-Man; he may seem basic compared to what the others who have since succeeded or followed him bring to the table, but he was the one who set the table they all eat from in the first place, so he deserves his flowers, too, as they say today.
    Good call. The other "Retro Rangers" all had some form of civilian power they could use when unmorphed. Tori had hydrokinesis, Kira had a Black Canary style sonic scream, Bridge had forcefields, and Xander had plant powers. But Adam just relied on martial arts.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Miles basically doing what he and Peter do in the games. Neat . As cool as Miles’ new abilities are they just gotta stick around in other media and other writers for them to last. There’s nothing stopping Peter from doing the same thing, but every writer basically wants to keep Peter in a bubble of just staring from 0 with every new run. Let’s not make it a habit with Miles . Lol
    exactly dont reset him build upon it. And if you feel he is getting to strong then introduce stronger opponents or upgrade his weaker enemies
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    exactly dont reset him build upon it. And if you feel he is getting to strong then introduce stronger opponents or upgrade his weaker enemies
    Yep. Let's hope future writers have the creativity to do this.

Astonishing Member

Issue 15 preview. Look who decided to show up

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/01/05/ma...spider-man-15/