Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Issue 15 preview. Look who decided to show up

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/01/05/ma...spider-man-15/
    Hobie giving the approval to Aaron.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

This issue having a fill in artists alongside Vicentini makes sense considering 3 issues came out in a month's span.
    Bringing in Rabble and aaron makes this story feels so connected to miles and his lore that you could probably take away the gang war element and not lose anything. Credit to Ziglar and the editors for making the tie ins feel like a miles story instead of a side plot in an event. In fact, people who are reading the miles tie ins for gang war and have no prior context for this run are probably so confused on what's happening lol.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

It's THE HORNET! Slingers! Slingers! Slingers! Make mine Slingers, Marvel!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

It seems like Miles might have a run-in with Queen Goblin after all.

And it's interesting that there's more to Rabble and Hobgoblin's partnership than just Rabble supplying weapons. Depending on how things play out, it's possibly it could continue beyond the Gang War. Speaking of, with the way Beyond Corp. keeps getting brought up, I wouldn't be surprised if the Assessor makes a comeback soon.

Niffleheim

Hobgoblin's line to Rabble "one broken mind to another" is really good.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I don't know why but Aaron getting beat up by four teenagers is just funny to me .

I guess Miles has told Kamala enough about his uncle.

Miles is going to be swinging that sword this entire run, won't he?

It's like we've got the band back together except Lana.

So Aaron finally meets Hobie. I dunno, I was expecting more drama, but I guess we have to keep it short and sweet to have Hobie accept Aaron as the "One True Prowler" now and push Aaron as a good guy. I guess it's nice to see Hobie as Hornet again but will they ever do anything more with the Slingers?
    Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post

And it's interesting that there's more to Rabble and Hobgoblin's partnership than just Rabble supplying weapons. Depending on how things play out, it's possibly it could continue beyond the Gang War. Speaking of, with the way Beyond Corp. keeps getting brought up, I wouldn't be surprised if the Assessor makes a comeback soon.
    I think it's going to pay off back to Wells' ASM run because he's the one who was running the Hobgoblin/Queen Goblin plot and has been writing Queen Goblin.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good call. The other "Retro Rangers" all had some form of civilian power they could use when unmorphed. Tori had hydrokinesis, Kira had a Black Canary style sonic scream, Bridge had forcefields, and Xander had plant powers. But Adam just relied on martial arts.
    Thanks, though Bridge actually could see people's psychic auras, which wasn't necessarily useful in a fight. It was Sky, the SPD Blue Ranger (Red by the end of the series after Jack retired to focus on helping homeless people on the streets), who could generate forcefields.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    It's THE HORNET! Slingers! Slingers! Slingers! Make mine Slingers, Marvel!
    Hells, yeah.

I wouldn't mind that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Not like he has much of a choice Aaron is way more popular as The Prowler now. Hobie time as the prowler is probably over
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Not like he has much of a choice Aaron is way more popular as The Prowler now. Hobie time as the prowler is probably over
    Hobie's lucky just to appear in something. He was lucky he was Prowler in the 2017 cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    It is kinda crazy how aaron in one story became so much more iconic as prowler than hobie has in 40+ years. I still think there's potential in either a different universe (maybe 6160) or an adaptation where you could have aaron and hobie both be prowler, something like hobie makes the gear while aaron actually uses it idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    It is kinda crazy how aaron in one story became so much more iconic as prowler than hobie has in 40+ years. I still think there's potential in either a different universe (maybe 6160) or an adaptation where you could have aaron and hobie both be prowler, something like hobie makes the gear while aaron actually uses it idk.
    Well, they're two different Prowlers associated with two different Spider-Men, so really it just depends on who the main Spidey is that they appear in.

I wouldn't expect Aaron in a Peter-focused story (MCU aside) unless it involved Miles.

An interesting looking panel from Marvel Mutts Infinity Comic #6

Apparently they had to get the Infinity Gauntlet from that dog. Don't ask me how they all ended up like that lol.

An interesting looking panel from Marvel Mutts Infinity Comic #6

Apparently they had to get the Infinity Gauntlet from that dog. Don't ask me how they all ended up like that lol.
    I don't see the problem, miles made the jump from Shonen protagonist to hare--uh why is america Chavez there lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    I don't see the problem, miles made the jump from Shonen protagonist to hare--uh why is america Chavez there lol
    She and Kamala look awfully comfortable lol

She and Kamala look awfully comfortable lol
    Suspiciously comfortable lol