Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    I agree about marketability.

But to get back to the original thesis, marketable doesn’t mean iconic.

Marketable just means there’s a big enough niche of buyers to turn a profit.

In this case, it means there is a segment of the audience that is happy to have female characters turned into objectified two dimensional images, in many cases treating them overtly like inanimate dolls whose heads can be popped off and swapped around so they can wear each others’ costumes. That’s kinda the opposite of iconic, ironically.

That should be Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, and Spider-Woman as marketable women of Spider-Man, since the heroines have ongoing series that could have the Spider-readers to migrate to. But I would love to see Peter in a partnership with Betsy Braddock, that includes working alongside Brain Braddock. The return of Spider-Man UK could form the bridge towards that union.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Especially the Phantom Thieves from Persona 5, who were on a righteous crusade to "steal" the corruption in the hearts of their targets, which would have compelled them to feel remorse for their crimes.
    what a timely reference playing Persona 4 Golden right now for the first time after playing 5 royal a year ago
    Last edited by Jman27; Today at 06:03 PM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    That should be Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, and Spider-Woman as marketable women of Spider-Man, since the heroines have ongoing series that could have the Spider-readers to migrate to. But I would love to see Peter in a partnership with Betsy Braddock, that includes working alongside Brain Braddock. The return of Spider-Man UK could form the bridge towards that union.
    Sony doesn't have the film rights to several of those characters so that ain't happening.