Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To me it just came off kind of generically cute "look how in love these two are even though we're only seeing their relationship now!" thing but maybe I'm growing too cynical.

I don't see it ending well by the end of this mini.
    I actually agree. I should have used /s at the end of my last post.

There's no set up. And there's no reason for us to care about Amelia. In fact, considering she's terrorizing innocent citizens by blackmailing them into thefts and attempted murder, she's pretty unlikeable at the moment. And Felicia going along with her (until the next twist) because "our love is worth the pain" doesn't say good things about Fel.

But we'll see. I also think this mini is getting memory holed even before it finishes, so it's probably not going to matter in the long run anyway.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 05-02-2024 at 12:35 AM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jed Mackay did a pretty decent job with Moon Knight and Tigra but that actually happened before.

Luke Cage and Jessica Jones?
    Would certainly love to see Tigra in the pages of Spider-Man.

[QUOTE=Majesty;6802174]
    And you can use these things are more than tropes for drama or contrived reasons to break characters up. MARVEL in this case, with this character however does not, unless you're one particular person.
    You are talking about a run in which Peter broke up with the one particular person for contrived reasons.

The current writers and editorial don't have a bias against Peter having a relationship with everyone except MJ. They have a bias against Peter having a relationship with everyone including MJ. They're just hampered by the fact that MJ and Peter were in fact married for twenty years and they don't have the courage of their convictions to retcon it beyond turning the marriage into cohabiting.

But you're right that Felicia is being put in a holding pattern that she's not allowed to escape from. Jed Mackay had her escaping in his solo series, but Wells - probably at the behest of editorial - yanked on the leash. Felicia's being used as a nothing more than a way to keep Peter and Mary Jane apart. Because Peter and Mary Jane weren't allowed to stay where they were at the end of Spencer's run.

Yes, but it wasn't portrayed that Felicia was 'disappointed" that it was Peter Parker. It was portrayed that his identity was no longer 'secret' and she just wanted the affair with 'Spider-Man' in their superhero/anti-hero personas. Which was a direct contradiction of her character up to that point. That was my main point. If Felicia says "Finally." and kisses him. Then she gets to a territory they didn't want her to occupy, so they wrote her out of character in order to make that happen. Then retconned it later. And then later acted like they never retconned it.
    I've just looked at the panels sequence of that issue online, and Felicia is absolutely eager to see who Spider-man is and where he lives, until she finds out that Peter lives in a cheap apartment. She is disappointed. Her whole dialogue is that she's disappointed. "How can a hero like you live here?"
    Last edited by Daibhidh; Yesterday at 07:06 AM.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Yeah, Felicia works great as a part of Peter's story. An ex that maintains a friendship. Marvel can always do more stuff like the Symbiote stories they've done recently if they want to revisit Peter and Felicia in a romantic relationship.

Felicia was in an interesting place - fertile ground worth exploring - at the end of Back in Black . . . and Marvel went and regressed the character. In some ways, Felicia got the worst of OMD.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Yeah, Felicia works great as a part of Peter's story. An ex that maintains a friendship. Marvel can always do more stuff like the Symbiote stories they've done recently if they want to revisit Peter and Felicia in a romantic relationship.

Felicia was in an interesting place - fertile ground worth exploring - at the end of Back in Black . . . and Marvel went and regressed the character. In some ways, Felicia got the worst of OMD.
    Indeed, she did. I did love where Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa was bringing her at the end of the Civil War tie-in stories from Sensational Spider-Man, with her talking down Rhino from his latest rampage by remarking that neither of them had to be what other people expected them to be or saw them as, that they could grow beyond those narrow expectations. It was a beautiful issue, and then, yes, OMD/BND ruined it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

new Frank Cho today