Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    DC only has themselves to blame with the predicament Jon is in. They thought "slap him with the Superman name and we good!"
    Why are people acting like he is in crisis? What predicament?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He's currently solo title-less at the moment is he not?

His general impact to the Super-mythos are also not as memorable as they could be.

Extraordinary Member

He's currently solo title-less at the moment is he not?

His general impact to the Super-mythos are also not as memorable as they could be.
    If not having a solo title puts you in crisis then most characters are. As for impact to the super mythos. Jon is stil a relatively new character compared to most of his family and brand what’s the rush?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

If not having a solo title puts you in crisis then most characters are. As for impact to the super mythos. Jon is stil a relatively new character compared to most of his family and brand what’s the rush?
    You attached 'crisis' to my comment. So that's up to you on how huge it is. But yes, having your own Superman title and being canceled is not a good look for a character just as Aquaman not having his own title right now isnt good for that character either.

Jon got a MASSIVE push by DC, moresoe than others and I think they've largely failed him. There's nothing wrong with that.

If you think the big push Jon got was and is successful and he's great where he's at.....your prerogative.

Extraordinary Member

Seems to be doing fine in the Trinity backup in the Wonder Woman title.

You attached 'crisis' to my comment. So that's up to you on how huge it is. But yes, having your own Superman title and being canceled is not a good look for a character just as Aquaman not having his own title right now isnt good for that character either.

Jon got a MASSIVE push by DC, moresoe than others and I think they've largely failed him. There's nothing wrong with that.

If you think the big push Jon got was and is successful and he's great where he's at.....your prerogative.
    Also coming from Hulkling and Wiccan fan if you think appearances in Pride issues, yearly events and backups are a sign of better things to come...

There's a reason many are waiting on baited breath for them to finally enter the MCU proper as a good adaption can really rejuvenate interest in these flagging B/C-tier heroes and even that's not guaranted these days.

I mean I can't lie circustances making it difficult for Jon to appear in things like MAWS or the Gunnverse baring some time travel shenanigans does make me more hopeful for Conner prospects in the future and lord knows clone boy needs all the help he can get these days, so sorry Jon but you had your moment.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    romance with Tim has already been featured in tv show, a major videogame and an elseworld comic in rapid succession and I'd be willing to bet money if Tim does show up in the Gunnverse it'll be there to, Jon and Jay meanwhile... nada. You might not like it or want to accept it but DC clearly commited to making Tim queerness part of his brand as Robin going forward, probably morseo than Jon as a bi Superman as it's a lot less riskier to adapt and logistically much more simple, Tim and Bernard can potentially show up anytime in a Batman adaption while Jon needs those aforementioned 17 years of Clark and Lois marriage.
    Huh which elseworld comic is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wayne Family Adventures

It's when it really clicked with me DC was playing for keeps with these two.

Sorry Timsteph fans I guess you also had your moment.

Extraordinary Member

Aquaman is a different issue he was a pillar of DC, they didn’t even launch a mini to accompany his film last winter. I’ve seen Tempest more consistently over the last year than Arthur. So I can attest there is somthing wrong there.

But Jon last book wasn’t canceled it ended. It didn’t do spectacular but held pretty well. Much better then Power girl or Superboys solos or anything else from the superfamily that isn’t Clark. Jon been a consistent feature of all the last major DC events . Lazarus Planet Dark Dark Crisis Beast War and I see pieces for him in Absolute power. I
    It’s not like he’s in danger of being shelved, floating redundantly or being ignored . He out here.

Mighty Member
    Last edited by NOCTPHOENIX; 04-09-2024 at 12:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Huh so in the recent Suicide Squad Dream Team issue, spoilers:
    Jay's mom has been assassinated by Bizarro under orders of Waller
    end of spoilers

Well at least Jay will have something to talk about now.

end of spoilers

Wow, that was pretty unceremonious.

why is not Jon appearing in Action Comics?

Mighty Member

end of spoilers

Like I said it looks they are giving him more to do and greater connections outside of being Jon's bf

Mighty Member

All those pushes really were just to try to hype him up especially as they were all so quickly and in all of them he really doesn't do anything. Coupled with the poor sales and early cancellation of Tim's solo, it shows the adaptions didn't do anything to really make him catch on with fans. The fact he's been a non-entity since last year and Tim getting nothing for pride this year aside from the covers when you'd think bi robin would be a mainstay in stories like harley/ivy, jackson, and jon are, it really shows how bernard didn't catch on and DC knows it.