Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    He can stay in metropolis but if they wanted him to have his own lane they should've leaned into either the space hero angle or him traveling the world. He's had opportunities for this (legion and son of kal-el) but they never went crazy with it.

Idealy he should have monsters of the week type villains or new mysteries each arc. Either go the dr who route or the tintin route (jay and dreamer would still fit into these)
    That’s one aspect of Clark that I wouldn’t mind Jon emulating. The worldwide traveling journey he had after leaving Smallville before going to college/Metropolis.
    Let Jon do that. Helping people around the world.
    Gives him the set up for a hero’s journey, and out of Clark’s shadow and not follow the usual Superman tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Eesh!!! that's not a good boat to be in
    I meant jon is billed as the son of superman and alot of his early material felt in conversation with his father's history. From being in Hamilton to being friends with Robin. So that legacy was weaved into his character.

Boruto does have the cooler timeskip tho. A timeskip wasnt the bad idea but DC botched it royally.

There are exceptions like JoJo Bizarre adventure. JJBA did a good job keeping itself fresh in each part. Despite being a family saga each lead brought something new to the table. Its something that Marvel and DC could learn from when doing legacy characters. Not just Jon but Miles and the Champions too.

PS. im not saying Jon can't have stories that explore him beyond his family. Its just you cant ignore it. Thats the price of being a legacy character.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-22-2024 at 07:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    He can stay in metropolis but if they wanted him to have his own lane they should've leaned into either the space hero angle or him traveling the world. He's had opportunities for this (legion and son of kal-el) but they never went crazy with it.

Idealy he should have monsters of the week type villains or new mysteries each arc. Either go the dr who route or the tintin route (jay and dreamer would still fit into these)
    Why does he need his own lane but
    Kara
    Kon
    Lana
    And everyone else do not?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why does he need his own lane but
    Kara
    Kon
    Lana
    And everyone else do not?
    Because Kara, Kon, Lana and everyone else have a distinct tone + supporting cast while Jon doesn't.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That’s one aspect of Clark that I wouldn’t mind Jon emulating. The worldwide traveling journey he had after leaving Smallville before going to college/Metropolis.
    Gives him the set up for a hero’s journey, and out of Clark’s shadow and not follow the usual Superman tropes.
    It doesn't even need a convoluted plot to make sense it could just be Jon taking a gap year, going to different cities, and solving problems he finds there

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    *looks at Super Sons and Jon's other stories prior to age up*
    I mean, he was doing that before this blank slate fake popped up. And lets be honest, Tomasi and company hadn't even really had much time to even really branch Jon out that much before everything got yanked out and handed over to Bendis. There was a real chance of actually developing him up from a young age, letting him travel, be it with friends, on his own, for school, etc. Developing his own cast. Now, *this* Jon is little more than a placeholder in the Super family with a boyfriend that has gotten more character development and roots in the expanded world than he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    *looks at Super Sons and Jon's other stories prior to age up*
    I mean, he was doing that before this blank slate fake popped up. And lets be honest, Tomasi and company hadn't even really had much time to even really branch Jon out that much before everything got yanked out and handed over to Bendis. There was a real chance of actually developing him up from a young age, letting him travel, be it with friends, on his own, for school, etc. Developing his own cast. Now, *this* Jon is little more than a placeholder in the Super family with a boyfriend that has gotten more character development and roots in the expanded world than he has.
    If that were the case people would be more interested in the wonder woman backups

Am I the only one that finds it funny that this appreciation thread is full of people who despised Jon Kent? I think this is the less appreciating appreciation thread one could find in cbr.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    Am I the only one that finds it funny that this appreciation thread is full of people who despised Jon Kent? I think this is the less appreciating appreciation thread one could find in cbr.
    I find it sad, though it’s cause of the state that Jon is in. Not his fans fault he got replaced with a bad, bland, version of himself.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

That's cause he just boring now.people used to post lots of fan arts and discuss other things.But,now there is barely anything to discuss
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Nah we are equal to the Black Panther and Tim Drake threads.

People like jon but hate the timeskip. Dc botched it royally and first impressions matter. I'm hoping James Gunn's DCU can salvage it and do it better.

So far PKJ is the only one that pulled off Future Jon.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-25-2024 at 08:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    That is wow rough.

Looks like a westerners very amateur attempt at making manga.

Jay looks like he’s trans in this art, also Jon really don’t have no type of originality Miguel is Kon’s friend
    Last edited by Journey; 04-26-2024 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Well, this is...art.